What's new

Match-up Discussion WhiteBoi's Doomsday MU Chart

kaseyk

Noob
... No and please don't say I need to play them or I just dont know. PPJ won a damn major.
mb venom follow ups against hg is risky do to wing evade . d1-es is a risk because its very easy to wing evade . sn is absolutely worthless against hg. his trait isn't very useful in this mu . shes every bit as dangerous when she has you cornered if not more do to her high damage . she can either d2 or wing evade the belly flop easy enough and stuff his wake ups just as easy as he can hers .
both are meter junkies
i'm with vak on the pure 5-5 and it's a very fun mu .
dd is one of my pocket characters i bust out for funs and the only mu's i hate when using him is supes and bane

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
This is my personal MU Chart. Most of these I've played with the best representatives. Though obviously some of these I haven't had the chance to play. These numbers are what I think of as of now and could possibly change in the future.

Ares 6-4
Aquaman 4-6
Bane 4-6
Batgirl 6-4
Batman 4-6
Black Adam 5-5
Catwoman 6-4
Cyborg 6-4
Deathstroke 5-5?
Flash 5-5 ?
Green arrow 6-4
Green Lantern 5-5
Harley Quinn 5-5
Hawkgirl 6-4
Joker 6-4
Killer Frost 5-5
Lex Luthor 6-4
Lobo 6-4?
Martian Manhunter 5-5
Nightwing 5-5
Raven 7-3 (possibly 6-4 )
Scorpion 6-4
Shazam 5-5
Sinestro 6-4
Solomon Grundy 5-5
Superman 4-6 ?
Wonder Woman 5-5
Zatanna 6-4
Zod 5-5
Agree with most of these MU numbers except WW. That MU is bad for DD, like really bad. He loses against KF. Also some of those 6-4's are actually even MU's IMO, some examples are Batman, Superman and possibly Bane, if you play the MU carefully, cause DD out ranges most of them because of the reach of his d1. He can check them very easily.

E

Eldriken

Agree with most of these MU numbers except WW. That MU is bad for DD, like really bad. He loses against KF. Also some of those 6-4's are actually even MU's IMO, some examples are Batman, Superman and possibly Bane, if you play the MU carefully, cause DD out ranges most of them because of the reach of his d1. He can check them very easily.
How is the WW MU really bad for Doomsday?

I don't see it being anything other than a 5-5.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world

I won't write this out because I've done it too many times but, parry (gives her a damage buff so she gets like 50% if you venom), 40% meterless combos into a vortex that Doomsday is not getting out of ever, instant air dashes once she's in make her pressure up close extremely hard to deal with due to frame traps and instant air dash being almost impossible to aa grab on reaction, her mobility makes trait almost useless because she can just backdash and demigodess to the other side of the screen before you can do anything, her wake ups are godly and give her 40% into the same vortex so she has almost no risk for waking up every time, she can walk out of ES super easy and punish you for 40% into vortex on a read forcing you into a guessing game you don't normally have to deal with after venom, aaaaand she always has meter so if you're at 40% and she has super you can't venom, and you have to be on point as fuck.

I literally think it's the only 3-7 Doomsday has, I say it's his worst match up in the game. One of the only things me and @Tm_whiteboi disagree on. I might have forgotten something. If I did I'm sure I'll think of it later.

For more reference, see @Filipino Man va Noobe at UFGT

EDIT: I said I wouldn't write it out and I did anyway. I'm hella smart yo.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I won't write this out because I've done it too many times but, parry (gives her a damage buff so she gets like 50% if you venom), 40% meterless combos into a vortex that Doomsday is not getting out of ever, instant air dashes once she's in make her pressure up close extremely hard to deal with due to frame traps and instant air dash being almost impossible to aa grab on reaction, her mobility makes trait almost useless because she can just backdash and demigodess to the other side of the screen before you can do anything, her wake ups are godly and give her 40% into the same vortex so she has almost no risk for waking up every time, she can walk out of ES super easy and punish you for 40% into vortex on a read forcing you into a guessing game you don't normally have to deal with after venom, aaaaand she always has meter so if you're at 40% and she has super you can't venom, and you have to be on point as fuck.

I literally think it's the only 3-7 Doomsday has, I say it's his worst match up in the game. One of the only things me and @Tm_whiteboi disagree on. I might have forgotten something. If I did I'm sure I'll think of it later.

EDIT: I said I wouldn't write it out and I did anyway. I'm hella smart yo.
I must play some really bad WW players then.

Also, her wake ups aren't godly at all, especially if you get her into the corner. You don't even have to reverse Lasso Spin to blow it up if you know how to space yourself. You can blow up Demi Goddess on wake up as well.

There is no effing way in hell this is a 3-7 MU. You can add someone else to your list of people that don't agree with you on this, 'cause I really don't see it.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world

Also, her wake ups aren't godly at all, especially if you get her into the corner. You don't even have to reverse Lasso Spin to blow it up if you know how to space yourself. You can blow up Demi Goddess on wake up as well.

There is no effing way in hell this is a 3-7 MU. You can add someone else to your list of people that don't agree with you on this, 'cause I really don't see it.
Watch Anton vs Noobe at UFGT and tell me what you're supposed to do in that match up.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

Parry, frame traps, safe 50/50 mix ups which lead to over 35% dmg, excellent mobility and jump attacks, air dash and the most important thing, she is extremely safe in whatever she does (her b1 is broken as hell as well). If the WW player abuses the stuff she has, DD literally cant apply his pressure on her. Plus the fact she will ALWAYS have meter for wagers, which can easily turn the tide of battle in her favor, while DD on the other hand relies heavily on his meter. Trust me its bad. I have been playing this MU against Nivek since day 1. If we record any casuals i ll post them.

E

Eldriken

Parry, frame traps, safe 50/50 mix ups which lead to over 35% dmg, excellent mobility and jump attacks, air dash and the most important thing, she is extremely safe in whatever she does (her b1 is broken as hell as well). If the WW player abuses the stuff she has, DD literally cant apply his pressure on her. Plus the fact she will ALWAYS have meter for wagers, which can easily turn the tide of battle in her favor, while DD on the other hand relies heavily on his meter. Trust me its bad. I have been playing this MU against Nivek since day 1. If we record any casuals i ll post them.
Alright. I'll take your word and @SonicBoomBrad's word for it as well. I guess I just haven't played an extremely top level WW player like you guys have yet.

E

Eldriken

I thought Superman/Doomsday was supposed to be terrible for DD
From what I understand, his trait alone is supposed to make it heavily in his favor. Nothing else matters. Just his trait is what makes him automatically favorable in the MU.

It's basically "Superman's Trait" vs Doomsday.

That's just what I'm told, anyway. What do I know?

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
From what I understand, his trait alone is supposed to make it heavily in his favor. Nothing else matters. Just his trait is what makes him automatically favorable in the MU.

It's basically "Superman's Trait" vs Doomsday.

That's just what I'm told, anyway. What do I know?
lol I love it

I'm glad for canon's sake it ended up being a closer fight than that, assuming whiteboi knows what he's talking about (which he probably does :tonyt)

Yoaks

A spaceman

Play @Filipino Man or @Skeezer12 . I agree with Brad! This MU sucks.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I don't see Cat-Woman beating Dooms-day or you don't know the Mu that well I think. with his Trait,charge mix up, corner combos, and earthshake, doomsday can be a problem.

Doomsday j3 is good but don't abide because Cat-woman players can do a mb catdash to punish it

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
How is he handicapped? I mean, really...
dooms day is handicap dude, majority of injustice players knows this. Only blind dooms-day players don't see that. Kinetic balding almost got beat my a day 1 doomsday with MMH. Doomsday is a easy pick up and play characters and trait, shoulder charge and earth shake is HANDICAP. If they didn't have him in the game people will get expose. Good thing mk10 will not have hose type of character to make for a easy handicap win.

E

Eldriken

dooms day is handicap dude, majority of injustice players knows this. Only blind dooms-day players don't see that. Kinetic balding almost got beat my a day 1 doomsday with MMH. Doomsday is a easy pick up and play characters and trait, shoulder charge and earth shake is HANDICAP. If they didn't have him in the game people will get expose. Good thing mk10 will not have hose type of character to make for a easy handicap win.
A day 1 Doomsday almost beat Balding? Oh, fuck that. Balding gives me such a hard time with his MMH that it's unbelievable. His defense is on point.

If you're winning with just MB Venom and Earth Shake, you're playing bad players. There is more to Doomsday than that when playing people who know how to play the MU. While not as in depth as others, he does require thought at a high level.

@Tm_whiteboi is a PERFECT example of that.