What's new

Match-up Discussion WhiteBoi's Doomsday MU Chart

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
A day 1 Doomsday almost beat Balding? Oh, fuck that. Balding gives me such a hard time with his MMH that it's unbelievable. His defense is on point.

If you're winning with just MB Venom and Earth Shake, you're playing bad players. There is more to Doomsday than that when playing people who know how to play the MU. While not as in depth as others, he does require thought at a high level.

@Tm_whiteboi is a PERFECT example of that.
Doomsday diminish your skills and others to become a great player. Of course you have to think. That is with every character you play. But doomsday ,batgirl a and other characters I will not mention are brain dead. Diminishing your skill to become a great player.

Ra Helios

He is the number 1 easiest character to use. He is the number easiest character to win!!!!! He is the number 1 brain dead character in the game. He trait ruin the game. He is basically shao Kahn in the game like dooms day, Bain and lex Luther. Lex Luther trait regenerate every 4 seconds. He wouldn't be so brain dead if he's cool down was 13 sec

gross

Noob
Deathstroke 6-4 maybe 7-3 shit is so free real talk.
Flash 4-6 you're nuts. Whiff anything and you're catching 60%
Raven 6-4 don't think it's that bad, still have to deal with her zoning
Shazam 5-5 (Possible 4-6) Fuck this character.
Wonder Woman 3-7/4-6 idk but she's hella dumb and you're a downplayer

HOLD THAT SHIT NICK
no because you're bad with DD that mean he lost to WW or Flash.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
He is the number 1 easiest character to use. He is the number easiest character to win!!!!! He is the number 1 brain dead character in the game. He trait ruin the game. He is basically shao Kahn in the game like dooms day, Bain and lex Luther. Lex Luther trait regenerate every 4 seconds. He wouldn't be so brain dead if he's cool down was 13 sec
Lex Luthor is LIGHT YEARS away from being braindead. What in the ever loving fuck are you smoking? Bane is also not braindead, or at least not completely. Doomsday I've yet to try out but Whiteboi and Noobe seem to be very smart about playing Doosmday... Who gives a fuck anyway?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Wait, that's the match you're using to justify 3-7? That came down to the wire! Literally just do what Noobe was doing and then it comes down to reads. Doesn't sound like a 3-7 to me.
I'm not using that to justify as 3-7. I said it was either 4-6 or 3-7. But I honestly don't think a Doomsday should ever beat a WW. That match up makes Superman and Batman look easy.

no because you're bad with DD that mean he lost to WW or Flash.
I said that as a joke. You being good at the match up doesn't mean I'm bad. Me disagreeing on numbers doesn't mean I'm bad.

E

Eldriken

Ra, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I think it's safe to just leave it at that.

I guess some good Doomsday burned your ass really bad and you hate the character with a passion due to that.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
I think in an offline setting, Wonder Woman beats Doomsday because she mix it up with parry, walking back and demigoddess out to hurt Doomsday. Online we get hit too much trying to parry on reaction, but being able to parry and having the threat of parry into 40% hurts Doomsday hella, but that just doesn't happen online.

Also earth shaker online is unblockable lmao. It only takes one blocked earthshake and then WoWo can demigoddess out of the corner.

Other than that, the only real tool doomsday has against Wonder Woman IMO is his d1 and you just have to watch for it and whiff punish with b113. The risk reward is real. It's 12% vs 40%, because the moment you mess up anything on my wakeup, you're gonna get lasso spun into my vortex. Doomsday damage doesn't stop Wonder Woman from waking up.

E

Eldriken

I think in an offline setting, Wonder Woman beats Doomsday because she mix it up with parry, walking back and demigoddess out to hurt Doomsday. Online we get hit too much trying to parry on reaction, but being able to parry and having the threat of parry into 40% hurts Doomsday hella, but that just doesn't happen online.

Also earth shaker online is unblockable lmao. It only takes one blocked earthshake and then WoWo can demigoddess out of the corner.

Other than that, the only real tool doomsday has against Wonder Woman IMO is his d1 and you just have to watch for it and whiff punish with b113. The risk reward is real. It's 12% vs 40%, because the moment you mess up anything on my wakeup, you're gonna get lasso spun into my vortex. Doomsday damage doesn't stop Wonder Woman from waking up.
In your opinion, does she beat him 7-3 offline or 6-4 at best?

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
MylesWright said before nobody wants to travel and compete with mediocre Killer Frost to only get mediocre or bad results from tournament placing.

No Killer Frost players at UFGT and MLG Anaheim? Probably none at this CEO and EVO?

Maybe he is right no Killer Frost players are willing to spend money for a flight ticket, book a hotel and compete with top players to prove themselves.

But but but.... she has Slide, Vortex 50/50, MBParry?

Slide is -4 blocked and baited with jump back or MB B3, Vortex requires meter management and it's not as easy to open up turtling players, Parry can be baited punished, grab and nj on read.

By the looks of those, Doomsday is capable of doing that with reads, option to bait and mess with her wake ups, use interactables depending on stage, play his corner game. When Killer Frost loses a massive life lead with time running out, she can be lamed out hardcore then she takes huge risks to get in such as sliding and air dashing. Ice Daggers that can be ducked and an unsafe Iceberg won't do her any good against an extremely patient player, any character really in general. Yes, she has an answer for all of Doomsday options but he also has counter attacks on her options as well. He has to play differently, tone down his momentum, play less risky and more safe when approaching this particular character but that doesn't mean "Killer Frost wins that match up free" she has advantage but Doomsday can work around his game plan.

The point is all this argumentative theory fighting over the Internet is not doing any good for the character Killer Frost. She is probably just a mid-tier and fair character.

WhiteBoi has it 5-5 so now it's up to the Killer Frost players to show up and prove yourselves at the upcoming tournaments he will be also attending.
Actually a Killer Frost player was at UFGT. I believe he changed his TYM name so idk his tag, but it is either Neer do ell or Sultan of Swing. He did well but tourney nerves got the best of him, dropped combos and forgot to clash (while everyone in the crowd was yelling at him to clash!) against Digit :(

So yeah KF is still tourney viable just not enough people show up

Ra Helios

Lex Luthor is LIGHT YEARS away from being braindead. What in the ever loving fuck are you smoking? Bane is also not braindead, or at least not completely. Doomsday I've yet to try out but Whiteboi and Noobe seem to be very smart about playing Doosmday... Who gives a fuck anyway?
Bane is brain dead completely. He can just smash hes way in with venom completely without taking a risk, plus he does to much damage as well. Bane players like yourself lack greatness of being good at a fighting game. He ruins the fundementals of the game. Lex Luther have a trait that last a very long time. Once it out, the cool down last 4 second instead of 13s because he trait is to good. Once a person attack his trait, lex can attack the opponent and do a set up after that and turn on his trait. You don't call that brain dead. The only game that has that type of feature that ruin people to level up fundamentally because of shao Kahn like abilities. I already explain doomsday. Destroyed that subject already. If you honestly think bane is not a handicap character that breaks people moves in combat because of trait then just as blind as the rest. No other fighting games does that because it is brain dead, handicap and above all cheap. If you play any of these character you lack the fundamentals to become a great fighter game player. It is so sad player like you need a handicap brain dead character to win your matches instead of picking a character that actually take SKILLS to use but no you have to pick a shao Kahn character that is handicapp to win your games. Mk10 will expose you as a player. Hahaha. noob

E

Eldriken

Bane is brain dead completely. He can just smash hes way in with venom completely without taking a risk, plus he does to much damage as well. Bane players like yourself lack greatness of being good at a fighting game. He ruins the fundementals of the game. Lex Luther have a trait that last a very long time. Once it out, the cool down last 4 second instead of 13s because he trait is to good. Once a person attack his trait, lex can attack the opponent and do a set up after that and turn on his trait. You don't call that brain dead. The only game that has that type of feature that ruin people to level up fundamentally because of shao Kahn like abilities. I already explain doomsday. Destroyed that subject already. If you honestly think bane is not a handicap character that breaks people moves in combat because of trait then just as blind as the rest. No other fighting games does that because it is brain dead, handicap and above all cheap. If you play any of these character you lack the fundamentals to become a great fighter game player. It is so sad player like you need a handicap brain dead character to win your matches instead of picking a character that actually take SKILLS to use but no you have to pick a shao Kahn character that is handicapp to win your games. Mk10 will expose you as a player. Hahaha. noob
You "destroyed" the subject of Doomsday being braindead? LOL Nah.

You whined about his trait, which SO many characters can make absolutely useless.

You whined about MB Venom. Guess what, your Feline Evade can fuck that right up. Your character isn't the only one that can negate (MB) Venom, either.

You whined about Earth Shake. Learn to block it.

Characters that can deal with Doomsday's trait: Green Lantern, Nightwing, Catwoman (who YOU play, yet still are saying it's broken), Deathstroke, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Superman, Bane, etc. Need I go on?

Characters who don't have to respect (MB) Venom: Any character with a parry and a player with good reads/reactions, Lex Luthor (with trait), characters with multi-hitting projectiles (if done from full screen), Catwoman (once again, YOUR MAIN), and so on.

So much for being THAT braindead.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Doomsday basically 6-4s anyone without a great wake up.

I think Batman is 5-5 because of that reason.

Cant wake up parry every time or they can just anticipate and now youre in a world of hurt.

I still think Doomsday works way harder in the MU

SonicBoomBrad

In your opinion, does she beat him 7-3 offline or 6-4 at best?
4-6/3-7 is a slight difference IMO. It comes down to options. I personally feel like Doomsday never has a point where his read rewards him more than WW's in any given situation. But that's personal, and that's why I consider it a 3-7. Though the same can be said about Superman, and I still think that match up is only 4-6 because he doesn't have a parry.

In terms of winnable/unwinnable it's definitely a winnable match up if played well by the Doomsday player. But it's still very difficult to make up for that character gap. It's definitely not Grundy/Hawkgirl.

E

Eldriken

4-6/3-7 is a slight difference IMO. It comes down to options. I personally feel like Doomsday never has a situation where his read rewards him more than WW's in any given situation. But that's personal, and that's why I consider it a 3-7. Though the same can be said about Superman, and I still think that match up is only 4-6 because he doesn't have a parry.

In terms of winnable/unwinnable it's definitely a winnable match up if played well by the Doomsday player. But it's still very difficult to make up for that character gap. It's definitely not Grundy/Hawkgirl.
It's like I said to Metzos earlier, I'll have to take yours and his word for it because you two are likely subject to much better WW players than I am.

The only three I've played that are really good are @Drizzle (he certainly makes it feel like a 3-7), @Filipino Man (he makes it feel 5-5) and @Skeezer12 (makes it feel 5-5). But as I said earlier, it's nothing against Filipino or Skeezer's skill. Just personal thoughts through experiences with them.

Then again, I've never played a WW player offline, which I'm sure is leagues different.

SonicBoomBrad

Doomsday basically 6-4s anyone without a great wake up.

I think Batman is 5-5 because of that reason.

Cant wake up parry every time or they can just anticipate and now youre in a world of hurt.

I still think Doomsday works way harder in the MU
You should zone and abuse parry more. Literally all you have to do is zone all match. 99% of the ranges you throw batarangs at, you can still reaction parry my venom if you're buffering. After venom you always have the threat of parry. So I'm just as afraid to d1 and lose all of my momentum as you are to throw out a parry. On knockdown I can mess with you a little bit more, but still there's the threat of parry. If I jump in, I have to decide if I think you're going to parry and either go for a block string or a grab/sweep. My trait doesn't mean shit because you can just throw batarangs, b23, and double jump away. And if you ever do have to mount an offense you're catching like 40% per hit confirm as long as you're on point. I hate Batman more than any character in this game. And it's not even close to my worst bad match up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
4-6/3-7 is a slight difference IMO. It comes down to options. I personally feel like Doomsday never has a point where his read rewards him more than WW's in any given situation. But that's personal, and that's why I consider it a 3-7. Though the same can be said about Superman, and I still think that match up is only 4-6 because he doesn't have a parry.

Numbers in NRS games are not like Capcom numbers. 4-6 in NRS game is just slight advantage, 7-3 which is a solid and significant advantage is damn near unwinnable in capcom games.

Reactions: Kyu