What's new

Match-up Discussion WhiteBoi's Doomsday MU Chart

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Lots of words
If you have the life lead, which you should, why would you ever take a risk when I'm at that range? Your damage output is really good, your zoning is some of the only zoning in the game Doomsday has to deal with besides Sinestro. You have the best walk speed in the game and can abuse the hell out of it in this match up. Every character in the game has to deal with d1 ES after venom, all you have to deal with is a guaranteed d1 that I get literally nothing off of. How am I supposed to make the life deficit back without taking risks or you fucking up? I can't. I don't see any reason why this would be worse than a 4-6 for Raven.

E

Eldriken

Every character in the game does NOT have to deal with d1~Earth Shake after MB Venom, Brad. You should know that.

Any character with a parry can beat the d1 attempt. Unless this only applies online, feel free to correct me.

As for my thoughts on your chart, Whiteboi, I'm beginning to lean more and more towards the Frost MU isn't as bad as I thought.

I can agree with it being even or slightly in her favor at worst. It's a test of patience and correct reads.

I'll elaborate further on my thoughts for the others when I'm not on my phone.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I understand you are great with Doomsday, but that does not make a losing matchup 5-5. Interested to hear your take on the KF matchup though and what makes it even.

E

Eldriken

I understand you are great with Doomsday, but that does not make a losing matchup 5-5. Interested to hear your take on the KF matchup though and what makes it even.
I'm starting to think the MU hasn't been explored enough. I somewhat agree with him, but I also feel it's still possible to be slightly in her favor.

RiBBz22

I'm starting to think the MU hasn't been explored enough. I somewhat agree with him, but I also feel it's still possible to be slightly in her favor.
I am confused, what are you agreeing with? The MU number with no explanation? Why not wait for an explanation?

E

Eldriken

I am confused, what are you agreeing with? The MU number with no explanation? Why not wait for an explanation?
He gave somewhat of an explanation in another thread. I'd have to go find it to quote it.

I think he's still kinda working on it, however. I still lean more towards it being unfavorable. But the more I play the MU, the more manageable it seems. You just have to understand that you can't play Doomsday like you normally do until you corner her and knock her down.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
He gave somewhat of an explanation in another thread. I'd have to go find it to quote it.

I think he's still kinda working on it, however. I still lean more towards it being unfavorable. But the more I play the MU, the more manageable it seems. You just have to understand that you can't play Doomsday like you normally do until you corner her and knock her down.
Honestly ive been changing my matchup numbers simply based on who gets out of corner pressure. Seems to be the most important thing in the end. A certain someone in my clan has anti dd tech in the corner that makes it harder to fight people with green skin.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
My 2 cents from what I've experienced:
Aquaman 4-6 - may be 5-5, a very patient Aquaman can give you trouble, but getting his trait out of the way makes it pretty easy.
Bane 4-6 - may be 5-5, although it's domination for one char or another in my experience.
Deathstroke 5-5? - I think it's 4-6.
Killer Frost 5-5 - this one may be 4-6, but I'm not sure yet.
Lobo 6-4? - may be 5-5, may be 6-4 too.
Nightwing 5-5 - may be 4-6 if NW plays only staff stance.

E

Eldriken

Doesn't KF parry screw with the whole post MB venom guessing game?
Yes, she can. Which is why you can't do it all the time. You have to condition the KF player to realize that you're not going to always d1 after a blocked MB Venom. You can sweep or throw afterwards, which blows up their parry attempt.

The same thing applies to you blocking her slide. She can parry a d1 attempt after you block it, so you can risk throwing or sweeping and hope she doesn't MB f3 you or d1 you.

It's all a matter of conditioning the entire time. You can't get too predictable.

Vagrant

Noob
Yes, she can. Which is why you can't do it all the time. You have to condition the KF player to realize that you're not going to always d1 after a blocked MB Venom. You can sweep or throw afterwards, which blows up their parry attempt..
Yeah but neither does much damage even though both give HKD. I'd assume that's a guessing game with the risk/reward in her favor.

E

Eldriken

Yeah but neither does much damage even though both give HKD. I'd assume that's a guessing game with the risk/reward in her favor.
Nothing Doomsday does deals much damage. But if you sweep her, you can set up your oki game, especially if they're wake up happy.

Instead of getting a slide wake up, they get a standing three which gets punished. If they try to MB f/b3, they get punished.

A sweep is more important midscreen than anywhere else on the screen in this MU.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Every character in the game does NOT have to deal with d1~Earth Shake after MB Venom, Brad. You should know that.
Any character with a parry can beat the d1 attempt. Unless this only applies online, feel free to correct me.
Every character in the game has to deal with a d1 ES attempt after MB venom besides Raven and WW. On both of these characters if they hold back, the best I get is a d1 check guaranteed no interruption or risks involved on my end. Worst case scenario, they backdash and I don't get shit. If I go for the ES on either of these two and they're walking back however, it whiffs and they can both punish me for around 40%. Now I can choose to stop them from walking back by sweeping, but sweep is 11 frames. Therefore they can d1 me out of my sweep, and there's a risk involved. I know that online frames don't really matter so you can get away with shit. But that's how it works offline.

Sintestro is actually worse cause all the dude has to do is tap back and he's out of d1 ES range.

Last edited:

gdf

Noob
My 2 cents from what I've experienced:
Aquaman 4-6 - may be 5-5, a very patient Aquaman can give you trouble, but getting his trait out of the way makes it pretty easy.
Bane 4-6 - may be 5-5, although it's domination for one char or another in my experience.
Deathstroke 5-5? - I think it's 4-6.
Killer Frost 5-5 - this one may be 4-6, but I'm not sure yet.
Lobo 6-4? - may be 5-5, may be 6-4 too.
Nightwing 5-5 - may be 4-6 if NW plays only staff stance.
I'm sorry man. This is me being stupid, but when you put 4-6 you mean advantage other character? And 6-4 means advantage Doomsday?

RiBBz22

Yes, she can. Which is why you can't do it all the time. You have to condition the KF player to realize that you're not going to always d1 after a blocked MB Venom. You can sweep or throw afterwards, which blows up their parry attempt.

The same thing applies to you blocking her slide. She can parry a d1 attempt after you block it, so you can risk throwing or sweeping and hope she doesn't MB f3 you or d1 you.

It's all a matter of conditioning the entire time. You can't get too predictable.
What you just described sounds really bad for the DD player. I understand conditioning people to get options to work in your favor, but trying for a low damage oki setup at the risk of eating full combo into 50-50 if the KF player reads it correctly sounds bad. It is much harder to condition someone who has several options. Also, the DD player should not be able to throw a good KF player out of parry because KF players should be inputting parry as DB 1+3 which will work as an option select to tech DD's throw.