What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Whifftime! (Video inside)

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
First, I laughed so hard it hurt. And then it hurt emotionally when I realized you are completely right about Cage... :oops:

Second, don't encourage his analogy! It makes zero figurative or literal sense. @Killer Xinok What do you even mean by that?!?!?!?
Hahahahah . I'm just trying to say that I'm tired of seeing people complain about jhonny cage.. He's is a viable char.. Just need someone who uses it perfectly.. And that's what I try to do, but, complain about fixes and things like this.. It doesn't grant will abilities.. Training on how to evade those "errors", that's what will bring a Jhonny cage into top 8's

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
No people. I actually want Caged buffed. I personally don't care much about others opinions on this because I have my own. I think Cage honestly sucks. He's my favorite Character and I lose so much again'st Shinnok Predator and all the high tiers. He literally has no mixup game. DECENT damage. And a terrible air game. His tools don't even work. Nah I say buff him. Give him his fisticuff pressure back. And give him a real low starter. Make his Fist bump faster and fix the hitboxes. Then he will be viable.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
No people. I actually want Caged buffed. I personally don't care much about others opinions on this because I have my own. I think Cage honestly sucks. He's my favorite Character and I lose so much again'st Shinnok Predator and all the high tiers. He literally has no mixup game. DECENT damage. And a terrible air game. His tools don't even work. Nah I say buff him. Give him his fisticuff pressure back. And give him a real low starter. Make his Fist bump faster and fix the hitboxes. Then he will be viable.
Dude you gotta be kidding me...give him a low starter and a-list will be hilariously broken.
There is no need for buffs, only a hand full of litte hitbox adjustments and thats it.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Hahahahah . I'm just trying to say that I'm tired of seeing people complain about jhonny cage.. He's is a viable char.. Just need someone who uses it perfectly.. And that's what I try to do, but, complain about fixes and things like this.. It doesn't grant will abilities.. Training on how to evade those "errors", that's what will bring a Jhonny cage into top 8's
I guess I can understand that. I think we can all agree that Cage doesn't need a buff. But I don't see an issue when we try to calmly point out things that should be fixed because they are not operating correctly. There is a world of difference between asking for a fix and a buff, just like there is a world of difference between learning ways to cover a character's weaknesses with the tools he has and learning two ways to play him when there is no reason you should have to if he functioned properly.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Can't wait to quote this post again next year. Perhaps even sooner.
Why? Because you think he's a Ferrari in disguise and someone is going to find out and blow it all wide open? Then this makes me look like a fool?

Quote this. Johnny is a good character but he ain't no Raiden, Dvorak, Cassie, Tanya, Quan Chi, etc.

A Ford Focus isn't a bad car. Just not a lot of flair there. Maybe if they fix JCs whiffig he can at least be a Ford Focus With mirrors.

Hawfy

"Martini Shot"
Why? Because you think he's a Ferrari in disguise and someone is going to find out and blow it all wide open? Then this makes me look like a fool?

Quote this. Johnny is a good character but he ain't no Raiden, Dvorak, Cassie, Tanya, Quan Chi, etc.

A Ford Focus isn't a bad car. Just not a lot of flair there. Maybe if they fix JCs whiffig he can at least be a Ford Focus With mirrors.
Your posts are killing me man lol. But all jokes aside NRS does need to address these issues.

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
Dude you gotta be kidding me...give him a low starter and a-list will be hilariously broken.
There is no need for buffs, only a hand full of litte hitbox adjustments and thats it.
I don't believe that. HIGH RISK LOW REWARD on his 1 1 3 string. Which is blocked alot.

Let's get a "FIX JOHNNY CAGE" chant started at Evo :DOGE

No but seriously if you're going 100% Johnny at a big tournament, it's going to take A LOT of work.

He has terrible MUs and he just has too many holes right now. Why pick Johnny when I can pick TG Raiden, Hollywood Cassie, or BS Shinnok, who have all the characteristics Cage is known for (chip damage, continuous pressure, and a standing reset) but accomplish all 3 far better.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Let's get a "FIX JOHNNY CAGE" chant started at Evo :DOGE

No but seriously if you're going 100% Johnny at a big tournament, it's going to take A LOT of work.

He has terrible MUs and he just has too many holes right now. Why pick Johnny when I can pick TG Raiden, Hollywood Cassie, or BS Shinnok, who have all the characteristics Cage is known for (chip damage, continuous pressure, and a standing reset) but accomplish all 3 far better.
You know, I think it's important that we clarify something. I think the general consensus of the Cage community is that all he really needs is some obvious hitbox fixes. When it comes to the above, we may be lamenting our character by comparison to others but we are never asking for buffs or making some low-tier claim. The fact is, with a little consistency, Cage is a solid character. He has his niche. He isn't the best at it, but he does it fairly well and can hold his own against most of the cast with it. Not outright win or outright lose, but compete against most.

There are always going to be characters in fighting games that have better or more varied tool sets than other characters. Despite other characters doing it better, Cage still has a solid, if limited, tool set that just needs some consistency.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
It's just my opinion, but when you look at the roster and try to create some sort of characters ranking, it's hard to not put Johnny bottom 5-bottom 10 at best. He doesn't have enough good tools to compete against the best characters, and even against the mid-low tiers is not easy to think about a matchup which is really in his favour....I can only think about Goro (and even against him, might be 5-5).

But I did not open this thread asking for buffs, I already did that in the past and the thread derailed lol.
The most important thing are hitbox fixes, if we don't get that Johnny will NEVER be competitive. At the moment nobody knows the matchup (just look at Pig vs Cheapeddie, or anyone vs. DJT cage) and he still struggles, when people will exploit his weaknesses he won't stand a chance.
We can't hope to beat Kung Lao or Cassie without using 1, 11, 12, 113, 114, 4, 3, 21, ex forceballs lol.

rafaw

#YouSuck
Jc a list is viable for sure, but against someone with that low hitbox caracters and matchup knowledge, he will have a montain to climb!

i think we should take to account the execution factor with regards to the 113 skrc thing. +1 's good, but its gonna be hard to be able to do it all the time.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
i think we should take to account the execution factor with regards to the 113 skrc thing. +1 's good, but its gonna be hard to be able to do it all the time.
No its not, practice makes perfect, you dont have to take into account the execution factor if you just get good enough...
+1 isnt much to phone home about though.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I just played against Kano and noticed that after blocking the first hit of 11, he can duck the second....WTF! lol
Not to mention how many times Kung Lao ducks my 114 while duck blocking and then spins Johnny ass in the air :(

Need a fix soon...

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I just played against Kano and noticed that after blocking the first hit of 11, he can duck the second....WTF! lol
Not to mention how many times Kung Lao ducks my 114 while duck blocking and then spins Johnny ass in the air :(

Need a fix soon...
Hope in the next patch at least these unacceptable hitbox problems are solved. This should have been fixed long time ago.

Alec

Noob
Really sad with this JC issue, he is my favorite MK character and I refuse to abandon him.
The lack of news, or any sign of NRS's noticing it is really depressing me.