What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Whifftime! (Video inside)

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I am tired of Johnny Cage whiffing, so I made a video that shows how hard is for him to play against a small character:

In the video I set Cassie to crouch block, that means that even highs should connect on her. Let's analyze the results:

S1 = High, whiffs 100% of the time against almost every character (not only the small ones) when they are duck blocking and that should not happen. Only the biggest character like Jason and Predator get hit. This clearly fucks up JC pressure big time.

114 = Last hit whiffs from any range except extremely close one. It is a MID so should connect everytime, but whiffs when the opponent crouches...doesn't matter if blocking or not. Needs to be fixed asap, 114 should be the most important string for A-list (114xxSKRC is around +20 on block) but It is not usable because of how unrealiable it is.

S3 = High, whiffs against duck blocking.

S4 = High, whiffs most of the time if the opponent crouch blocks. Unrealiable

EX Forceball = The straight forceball is a mid but whiffs from every distance except from extremely close or extremely far (it connects only because the curving forceball gets blocked first, that makes Cassie hitbox a little bit bigger probably). It's crazy to spend a bar only to have a useless projectile come out, even if you cancel it from a string it might not connect.

21 = High, Mid. Whiffs everytime. Totally useless, there is no way to connect this move at all. Needs a fix.

It whould be great if you could make Johnny Cage strings work as they should, even if you give us no buffs at least fix his problems....thanks. @Name v.5.0 @ismael4790 @CheapEddie @Mikemetroid @BoricuaHeat @Awesomo @any other cage

@colt

Last edited:

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
These hitboxes issues need to be fixed ASAP.
They already have done it with other characters so, it's Johnny's turn.
I hope for a patch with the release of Tremor.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Wake up NRS,don't you hear the bells?
Do not let Johnny faint,

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I'd love to be able to see the clusterfuck they call hitboxes in this game.
Johnny gets fucked up very bad by these problems, but even the newest DLC character has some awful hitbox issues. Hish Qu Ten EX Plasma shot is a mid, but small characters don't get touched when crouch blocking...his D1 gets low profiled by a lot of moves, it's hilarious lol.

They should test these hitboxes much more :/

Wigy

There it is...
Agree. If its a mid it should be a mid.

Annoying having to adjust your game to each characters hitboxes

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't know which I dislike more. NRS hitboxes where everything misses or Marvel hitCIRCLES where everything hits. . . .

This is what makes Cassie one of his hardest MUs by far (on top of her having waaay better footsie tools and amazing reversals to void his pressure).

Female hitboxes across the board make it difficult for Cage but even on male hitboxes there can be random whiffs too.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
This is what makes Cassie one of his hardest MUs by far (on top of her having waaay better footsie tools and amazing reversals to void his pressure).

Female hitboxes across the board make it difficult for Cage but even on male hitboxes there can be random whiffs too.
Try this with 114 block first hit standing and 2nd hit crouching and watch 114 whiff every time

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I hate johnny cage and I hope they never fix that and nerf him instead
You can exit the Johnny Cage forums if you have nothing useful to say about a legitimate issue.

And on the issue... yeah, I feel that we haven't discussed our issues publically enough (read: cried) and enough people have fed a silly narrative that Cage is easy-mode or really, really solid and so we are never going to see buffs or even well-deserved fixes to our character. Get ready boys, we'll be a solid mid-tier in a game where all the other mids and most lows have been buffed above us. #midisthenewlow

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I'm sorry, you must not know how to read yet. Where did I say it did not help?
Hmm... she started as a bottom to bottom-mid tier character and you claimed, via writing which I had to read to be able to refer to here, that she was a bottom tier and no more than bottom-mid tier. Both these claims came after buffs were applied, leaving me to wonder HOW THEY POSSIBLY HELPED?

Keep digging that foot deeper into your mouth. We enjoy the show here in the JC subforums.