What's new

Question - Scorpion Which Scorpion variation suits you best?

Which variation will you main

• Ninjutsu (sword attacks)

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Hellfire (flame aura, hellball, demon fire, "evasive tele")

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Inferno (summoning, "hellish spear")

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Ninjutsu & Hellfire

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Ninjutsu & Inferno

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Hellfire & Inferno

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • All three variations

Votes: 16 19.3%

• Total voters

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I like a character to have some decent normals. In MK9 I like smokes standing 2 and other quick pokes. In IGAU I like MMH for his trait. So if the ninjutsu variation means increased range on attacks then that would be great, I could use the extended range for anti airing and winning footsies. Probably ninjutsu.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Scorpion has viable tools without any of his variations added, good normals.
Strings that launch, and you can hit confirm into teleport or other special moves, a normal that hops over low attacks and is a combo starter, best set of universal moves and can alter their proprieties ( tele cancel, hellish spear)

The variations are just a tip of the cake:
Ninjutsu, scorpion gets a fast AA launcher move (upslash), and a fast overhead move (downlash), some of his strings gets a sword inbetween.

Hellfire gets a flame aura that is a special move that works as combo starter, increases overall damage output and chip damage output and last for 360 frames, a hell ball that is chargable and dash cancelable, demon fire that is unblockable and advantageous on hit.

Inferno gets to summon a demon from the ground which is a capture type trait, so it will allow trades, from above, kind of slow but allows but still good to AA in specific ranges, and from behind which prevenis opponenents for turtling or step away from scorpion.

Imo, scorpion probably has the best mobility tools even without any of his traits, the fact that his teleport no longer tracks, allows players to scope safe spots to teleport without hitting characters in the process.

Yes, ppl are still sleeping on Scorpion. Which is good.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Scorpion was fun as all fuck when I got to play MKX a few months ago.

I really hope I don't end up using him because I don't want to main the NRS poster boy.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Scorpion was fun as all fuck when I got to play MKX a few months ago.

I really hope I don't end up using him because I don't want to main the NRS poster boy.
The poster boy looks really fun to play in any variation, i for instance, intend to learn them all and explot its advantages :p

JDM

Noob
Most definitely inferno. Looks the most technical of the three, and I'm good at being sneaky with stuff like that.

I cannot wait to try Scorpion, he honestly looks the most fun out of all the current characters. Kung Lao is number two.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm definitely a footsie guy, and I love swords and shit, so right now Ninjitsu suits me the best.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Yeah, I'm currently trying to figure out, from looks alone, what looks like my "favorite" variation for every revealed character so far, and for Scorpion that would be Inferno.

I love the minion's design and I do enjoy controlling the battlefield very much in FGs. (Sektor main in MK9) I also believe Scorpion's universals are solid enough for close combat while the minion will provide good space control.

Just to be sure, as far as we know there are 3 minion moves, right? Divekick minion, free combo minion and backwards teleport minion?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah, I'm currently trying to figure out, from looks alone, what looks like my "favorite" variation for every revealed character so far, and for Scorpion that would be Inferno.

I love the minion's design and I do enjoy controlling the battlefield very much in FGs. (Sektor main in MK9) I also believe Scorpion's universals are solid enough for close combat while the minion will provide good space control.

Just to be sure, as far as we know there are 3 minion moves, right? Divekick minion, free combo minion and backwards teleport minion?
Yes, three summoning moves, From above, from bellow which is a capture move and from behind.

He retains his flamming uppercut move in this variarion as well, and gains the ability to Meterburn ex Spear turning it into Hellish spear, it will cost two bars of meter but it will be guaranteed Unbreakble damage.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
Ninjustu. I'll use the other variations but there's so many overhead and juggle options with Ninjustu, it's so unfair lol.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ninj looks the best for range and mix ups.

Hellfire best for zoning.

Inferno seems best for headgames, rushdowns from demon grab stuns.

The most popular I think will be ninjutsu honestly.