What's new

Question - Scorpion Which Scorpion variation suits you best?

Which variation will you main

• Ninjutsu (sword attacks)

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Hellfire (flame aura, hellball, demon fire, "evasive tele")

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Inferno (summoning, "hellish spear")

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Ninjutsu & Hellfire

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Ninjutsu & Inferno

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Hellfire & Inferno

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • All three variations

Votes: 16 19.3%

• Total voters

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Since this is the least used forum, i would like to have something going for him as well.

Ninjutsu: adds sword attacks to his move set (it does extend his normals range)
Hellfire: adds hell ball, demon fire, flame aura (increases damage output)
Inferno: adds summoning (from above, from behind, from the ground)

Universal moves: leg takedown, spear, teleport.

Scorpion seems to be one of 1st character where in each variation, he gets an extra exclusive change in one special move.

Example: in Hellfire, if you hold down during a teleport, it becomes evasive without attacking proprieties (twitter) In Inferno, besides ex spear, he has another spear move that instead of pulling you closer he will transfer fire trough the chains and light the adversary on fire (E3)

I see a lot of ppl saying sub is godlike, i'm okay with it, but i say, scorpion is too damn godlike to ignore, more mobility options in Hellfire it seems, and more power to limit ones mobility in inferno, besides he also do have some good normals.

Holy noobde

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Well I'm not planning on playing Scorpion or anything, but probably Inferno. The demons from the sky look cool, and reminiscent of Raven's MB pillars which I just now realized.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
So far i can say that i will be maining Sub Zero along with Scorpion and i cant really decide on which variation i wanna use. I plan on learning all three for the both of them. But if i had t choose id pick Unbreakable for Subz and Inferno for Scorpion

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Swords. Yes we need more threads about balance issues because other wise people will cry with a nerf agenda for tournament.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Man, they all look great in their own ways.

Ninjutsu I'm starting to believe will be underrated. From what I've seen, adding to his range, it has a very quick looking pop up attack and that could set up serious combo potential.

Hellfire...fireball is a nice looking ranged projectile, looks useful.........the evasive teleport, I see severe punishment of whiffed moves now that it doesn't attack. Btw....you said you have to hold down....is that down before the input or as soon as the teleport begins? So do I basically have to be crouched before I do it?

Inferno.....those demon attacks remind me of a Noob Saibot style of attacking and this essentially covers so much ground and even air. Though I'm not sure the air demon can be done on reaction to always stuff someone jumping in. Looks to have some start up. Also, I'd like to know if the demon that grabs the legs for a free hit is unblockable like hellfire. Probably be too broken since he could potentially spear the opponent for a free combo after.

I can't choose.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Man, they all look great in their own ways.

Ninjutsu I'm starting to believe will be underrated. From what I've seen, adding to his range, it has a very quick looking pop up attack and that could set up serious combo potential.

Hellfire...fireball is a nice looking ranged projectile, looks useful.........the evasive teleport, I see severe punishment of whiffed moves now that it doesn't attack. Btw....you said you have to hold down....is that down before the input or as soon as the teleport begins? So do I basically have to be crouched before I do it?

Inferno.....those demon attacks remind me of a Noob Saibot style of attacking and this essentially covers so much ground and even air. Though I'm not sure the air demon can be done on reaction to always stuff someone jumping in. Looks to have some start up. Also, I'd like to know if the demon that grabs the legs for a free hit is unblockable like hellfire. Probably be too broken since he could potentially spear the opponent for a free combo after.

I can't choose.
I think is a low, incoming Ninjutsu breakdown tomorrow.
You hold down as soon as the teleports begins, só he can land neutral.

D1, flame aura, crossup, j1, combo string with round house~ex teleport, njp, 2~teleport, 1~spear, crossup,j1, 21~hellball (standing reset), combo string with roundhouse~ evasive teleport, d3~flame aura... Loop :DOGE

FOXSOLID

Noob
I think is a low, incoming Ninjutsu breakdown tomorrow.
You hold down as soon as the teleports begins, só he can land neutral.

D1, flame aura, crossup, j1, combo string with round house~ex teleport, njp, 2~teleport, 1~spear, crossup,j1, 21~hellball (standing reset), combo string with roundhouse~ evasive teleport, d3~flame aura... Loop :DOGE
I'm genuinely worried that Scorpion will be good enough to get people complaining about things that aren't a result of a character being broken, but a result of those players sucking. Infinites and things of that sort....patch away. I just don't want characters getting fucked for no good reason.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm genuinely worried that Scorpion will be good enough to get people complaining about things that aren't a result of a character being broken, but a result of those players sucking. Infinites and things of that sort....patch away. I just don't want characters getting fucked for no good reason.
This is what i will do if d1 and d3 grants a combo starter like in the video, i think it will be retarded unless the cancel advantage of these moves on block to be interruptable, and specials punishable on block.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Since this is the least used forum, i would like to have something going for him as well.

Ninjutsu: adds sword attacks to his move set (it does extend his normals range)
Hellfire: adds hell ball, demon fire, flame aura (increases damage output)
Inferno: adds summoning (from above, from behind, from the ground)
whats demon fire? is that just regular hellfire?
also no air throw?:DOGE

FOXSOLID

Noob
This is what i will do if d1 and d3 grants a combo starter like in the video, i think it will be retarded unless the cancel advantage of these moves on block to be interruptable, and specials punishable on block.
It's definitely too quick but if everyone across the board was able to do it...maybe that's fair game. It's too difficult to gauge these things from videos alone. I'd personally hope that this wasn't the case so a little bit of work would be needed to get combos going.

Something to take into account as well is that there seems to be no blocking at all in these videos. Really throws me off.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's definitely too quick but if everyone across the board was able to do it...maybe that's fair game. It's too difficult to gauge these things from videos alone. I'd personally hope that this wasn't the case so a little bit of work would be needed to get combos going.

Something to take into account as well is that there seems to be no blocking at all in these videos. Really throws me off.
In my combo description, after the hellball its a blockstring, but if d3 connects you start another combo.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So comboing into a hell ball causes a reset?
Yes it does, and the frame advantage causes a mixup option, you can go for a low starter, grab, overhead mixup, or blockstring, i choose blockstring because it builds meter. If the block advantage from the string is good, should work well with evasive tele to start a trap from the other side.
This is why i said, if d3 connects, flame aura starts another combo.

FOXSOLID

Noob
The thing is, I want this to all get addressed BEFORE we ever get to play it. Because I don't want to get used to something that I know is going to be fixed. Scorpion needs to be good in this game, but a genuine good. I don't want him to be broken.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The thing is, I want this to all get addressed BEFORE we ever get to play it. Because I don't want to get used to something that I know is going to be fixed. Scorpion needs to be good in this game, but a genuine good. I don't want him to be broken.
The game is tested every single day, i'm sure that at this point if things like these are in the game, is because it can be avoided :)

Remember that MKX has an invincibility backdash system that allows characters to escape frame traps and punish accordingly, armorie moves and interactable escapes/attacks