What's new

Question - Scorpion Which Scorpion variation suits you best?

Which variation will you main

• Ninjutsu (sword attacks)

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Hellfire (flame aura, hellball, demon fire, "evasive tele")

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Inferno (summoning, "hellish spear")

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Ninjutsu & Hellfire

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Ninjutsu & Inferno

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Hellfire & Inferno

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • All three variations

Votes: 16 19.3%

• Total voters

FOXSOLID

Noob
The game is tested every single day, i'm sure that at this point if things like these are in the game, is because it can be avoided :)

Remember that MKX has an invincibility backdash system that allows characters to escape frame traps and punish accordingly, armorie moves and interactable escapes/attacks
Cheers to that pal! Here's hoping.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'll have to watch the vids again more but whichever one is his zoning style and definitely Ninjitsu, not sure about his hellfire. I think I like his Ninjutsu and Inferno styles so far the best.

Thank God for the invincibility backdash, one thing I hated about MK 9 were those lame frame TRAPS! I hated that shit...

FOXSOLID

Noob
I'll have to watch the vids again more but whichever one is his zoning style and definitely Ninjitsu, not sure about his hellfire. I think I like his Ninjutsu and Inferno styles so far the best.

Thank God for the invincibility backdash, one thing I hated about MK 9 were those lame frame TRAPS! I hated that shit...
I was 100% on board with Inferno until I saw he had a teleport that could be used evasively with Hellfire. That shit is awesome.

Ninjutsu will be a combo haven variation.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
also no air throw?:DOGE
Why bothering with airthrow when you can't even block in the air? :DOGE

Air throw wasn't spotted yet, if he has, it will be a universal move.
Same question, but seriously now: what can be their intended role?

It's definitely too quick but if everyone across the board was able to do it...maybe that's fair game. It's too difficult to gauge these things from videos alone. I'd personally hope that this wasn't the case so a little bit of work would be needed to get combos going.
I agree that it may be too early to judge anything, but I feel it's not exactly right to allow pokes to be universal combo starter. Not only it can affect internal balance of many characters, but it also carries implications for pressure game - every time you can poke out you get a combo...
This in combination with invulnerable backdash can mean a lot.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
In most cases they can serve a few different functions:

1.Different kind of anti-air attack, possibly better than a standard shoryuken-like move depending on the character's jump arch and speed.
2. They have priority over normal air attacks, so if you and your opponent happen to jump at the same time you would usually win in the air by using a well timed grab.
3. Can be combo'd out of.
4. Can be combo'd into by doing an air attack then the grab for extra damage.

FOXSOLID

Noob

Same question, but seriously now: what can be their intended role?

I agree that it may be too early to judge anything, but I feel it's not exactly right to allow pokes to be universal combo starter. Not only it can affect internal balance of many characters, but it also carries implications for pressure game - every time you can poke out you get a combo...
This in combination with invulnerable backdash can mean a lot.
I agree wholeheartedly, combos would take next to no effort with a simple poke starter. I'd rather not have this for anybody. If it doesn't come to be and they do include these, every character better be able to do it.

I don't wanna see a tier list where all good characters have poke combo starters and the rest are shit tier for lacking one.

Again...here's hoping the people playing the game just weren't blocking.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Again...here's hoping the people playing the game just weren't blocking.
Maybe we could try and notice if life bar thinks it's a combo... But It can be hard, what's with poke damage being most likely low and video not being anywhere close to 60 FPS... So yeah.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Maybe we could try and notice if life bar thinks it's a combo... But It can be hard, what's with poke damage being most likely low and video not being anywhere close to 60 FPS... So yeah.
Yeah, too much speculating will drive you nuts. They should do a gameplay mechanics related q&a lol.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
calling it now im gonna have the best lame scorpion, a fireball, an "evaisive teleport" aka meterless backdash, unblockable hellfire and spear ^_^
#TeamHellfire

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
To the guy who said mk x isnt 60 fps, ed boon confirmed its 1080 and 60 fps in one of the interviews...

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Wow... Seems like not many people are confident in the Inferno variation.

I went with Inferno because it seems like the most odd playstyle for Scorpion. Being able to zone and control the stage is gonna be awesome. I like to play a mix of aggro and reactive punishing so this looks perfect. Fuck... He can disable with the spear and a hell spawn? Sign me up.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Wow... Seems like not many people are confident in the Inferno variation.

I went with Inferno because it seems like the most odd playstyle for Scorpion. Being able to zone and control the stage is gonna be awesome. I like to play a mix of aggro and reactive punishing so this looks perfect. Fuck... He can disable with the spear and a hell spawn? Sign me up.
Inferno variation looks incredible. It's actually the one I gravitated towards the most initially because it's so different from anything Scorpion has ever had as far as specials.

Right now though, it's Scorpion's teleport canceling with Hellfire mode that has me super hyped. It's a MASSIVE factor.

FOXSOLID

Noob
people are still sleeping into scorpion.
They really are and it's really odd at the same time.

But to be honest....I'd rather him stay out of the spotlight. Let everyone else get all the buzz so Scorpion ends up shocking all the naysayers. He'll be the stealth juggernaut that sneaks up behind everyone and slits their throats.

coolwhip

Noob
Not stopping anyone from hyping other characters that they've only seen either.
Because those characters are either A) new to the series or B) recently announced (Raiden).

Unless he's terrible, Scorpion will be among the most played characters in the game. That much is guaranteed.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
It's funny that Scorpion is the most popular character for average or casual players, but for the diehards and competetive fans he's not too cared about. I'm not saying he's not a favorite of serious fans but I feel like Boon cheapened him by giving him too much of the limelight.

I hope MKX restores Scorpion's integrity and gives him some viability in high level play. I want to see some awesome Scorpions at EVO next year. If that happens, based on the videos we have, I'm guessing Hellfire Scorpion is the most likely candidate.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's funny that Scorpion is the most popular character for average or casual players, but for the diehards and competetive fans he's not too cared about. I'm not saying he's not a favorite of serious fans but I feel like Boon cheapened him by giving him too much of the limelight.

I hope MKX restores Scorpion's integrity and gives him some viability in high level play. I want to see some awesome Scorpions at EVO next year. If that happens, based on the videos we have, I'm guessing Hellfire Scorpion is the most likely candidate.
all 3