What's new

Which character is in need of an ongoing title

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I know Sinestro has his book shared with hal, but i would rather him have a book only about him

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
That's overall a tricky pony, man.

For example Red Hood, Arsenal and Starfire ... Red Hood is basically the only one who could work as a character with his own on-going. Why? He has it all: Backstory, villains, guest characters (for when it gets boring), gadgets, morals / no morals and so on.
Arsenal and Starfire need to be in a team to work, because on their own, there is simply not enough to keep people interested in them.

Take a look at Deathstroke. You could say that he should be similar to Red Hood in Injustice, but when it comes to the comics he does not have enough back-up to have an on-going. His one got cancelled, because people are not buying it and I would go as far to say that people like Deathstroke more than Arsenal and Starfire.

There are not that many characters in the DC universe who can back-up an on-going, and that's why I also said: "Fuck the DC universe." ... The DC Universe has it's big 7 characters (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman) and then they like to come up with clones of these characters.
To me it feels like on-goings of characters like Power Girl, Supergirl, Batwoman and Batgirl are really, really forced and we'll see how many more issues they will get.

Characters who - in my opinion - could have successful on-goings would be: Deadman (if executed well), Plastic Man, Captain Cold.
You know Marvel cans solos all the time right?

You know Marvel cans solos all the time right?
I know that, but when it comes to Marvel, they never came up with a specific number of comics at the beginning (52) in a reboot and tried to sell you these characters in an on-going series.
Marvel mostly offers you a shit load of events, tied in comics with few issues and stuff like that. They spawn comics and stories out of nothing.

DC is trying to sell you boring characters in the long run and cancel these, when they realize: "Oh fuck, look - no one actually cares" ... Why would anyone think that characters like Grifter and Mr. Terrific could support an on-going series? That's stupidity at its finest.

DuskAlloy

I know this is off topic but does anyone know how to put a picture below the chat?

I know that, but when it comes to Marvel, they never came up with a specific number of comics at the beginning (52) in a reboot and tried to sell you these characters in an on-going series.
Marvel mostly offers you a shit load of events, tied in comics with few issues and stuff like that. They spawn comics and stories out of nothing.

DC is trying to sell you boring characters in the long run and cancel these, when they realize: "Oh fuck, look - no one actually cares" ... Why would anyone think that characters like Grifter and Mr. Terrific could support an on-going series? That's stupidity at its finest.
the mere fact of allowing rob liefeld into a building they own is retarded.

Scarlett Viper

And tell me how long the new Ghost Rider and Spider-Girl books lasted or X-23 or She-Hulk?
The events that force you to buy like 20 books and are forgotten in like 6 months?

You mean like how Marvel thought Blade could sell his own book?

DuskAlloy

Lets try to stay on topic, so who thinks Lobo has potential to have a good series?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
That's overall a tricky pony, man.

For example Red Hood, Arsenal and Starfire ... Red Hood is basically the only one who could work as a character with his own on-going. Why? He has it all: Backstory, villains, guest characters (for when it gets boring), gadgets, morals / no morals and so on.
Arsenal and Starfire need to be in a team to work, because on their own, there is simply not enough to keep people interested in them.

Take a look at Deathstroke. You could say that he should be similar to Red Hood in Injustice, but when it comes to the comics he does not have enough back-up to have an on-going. His one got cancelled, because people are not buying it and I would go as far to say that people like Deathstroke more than Arsenal and Starfire.

There are not that many characters in the DC universe who can back-up an on-going, and that's why I also said: "Fuck the DC universe." ... The DC Universe has it's big 7 characters (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman) and then they like to come up with clones of these characters.
To me it feels like on-goings of characters like Power Girl, Supergirl, Batwoman and Batgirl are really, really forced and we'll see how many more issues they will get.

Characters who - in my opinion - could have successful on-goings would be: Deadman (if executed well), Plastic Man, Captain Cold.
Starfire I agree with, but I think Arsenal could hold his own book. I don't know if you read DC Universe Presents Arsenal, but for a one-shot it was pretty good. And revealed a bit moreabout his drug addict past. And the upcoming RHO Annual is all about him. I definitely think his popularity is rising.

Scarlett Viper

Starfire I agree with, but I think Arsenal could hold his own book. I don't know if you read DC Universe Presents Arsenal, but for a one-shot it was pretty good. And revealed a bit moreabout his drug addict past. And the upcoming RHO Annual is all about him. I definitely think his popularity is rising.
Starfire could if DC bothered giving her a personality.

And tell me how long the new Ghost Rider and Spider-Girl books lasted or X-23 or She-Hulk?
The events that force you to buy like 20 books and are forgotten in like 6 months? You mean like how Marvel thought Blade could sell his own book?
I'm actually surprised that the Ghost Rider didn't do well, since it's an interesting concept and he has much that backs him up. But on the other hand, Ghost Rider has been around for a long, long time and he had his on-goings in the past

Spider-Girl, X-23 and She-Hulk are shitty ass clone characters who no one gives a fuck about, just the way it's for the DC universe. Why would you want own books for Superman, Supergirl, Superboy and Power Girl (+Huntress)? To me the last three feel very forced, especially because the last one isn't even good.

People are past vampires by now. Blade is ... meh.
In my opinion Blade barely managed to come up with enough stuff for three movies, which went down hill after the first one. I actually liked the second one, but I could have lived without it.

And events are not bad.
I would rather own 4-6-8 issues of comics, which end properly rather than getting into an on-going that gets cancelled after 8 issues, because no one gives a fuck about the character and every fan knew it from the first place... once again: Who wants to read a Mr. Terrific comic?

Scarlett Viper

I'm actually surprised that the Ghost Rider didn't do well, since it's an interesting concept and he has much that backs him up. But on the other hand, Ghost Rider has been around for a long, long time and he had his on-goings in the past

Spider-Girl, X-23 and She-Hulk are shitty ass clone characters who no one gives a fuck about, just the way it's for the DC universe. Why would you want own books for Superman, Supergirl, Superboy and Power Girl (+Huntress)? To me the last three feel very forced, especially because the last one isn't even good.

People are past vampires by now. Blade is ... meh.
In my opinion Blade barely managed to come up with enough stuff for three movies, which went down hill after the first one. I actually liked the second one, but I could have lived without it.

And events are not bad.
I would rather own 4-6-8 issues of comics, which end properly rather than getting into an on-going that gets cancelled after 8 issues, because no one gives a fuck about the character and every fan knew it from the first place... once again: Who wants to read a Mr. Terrific comic?
Yeah then tell me why people all but begged for the Spider Girl*Mayday*,She Hulk and Powergirl books to come back and why Batgirl is one of DC's top selling books if no gives a fuck about "shitty ass clones" as you put it?Maybe we prefer Conner or Kara/Karen over Clark and would rather read about them, Doesn't everybody want they're favorite hero to get they're own book where they have the spotlight?

The point is Marvel's fucked up too giving characters solo titles.

They are when they happen constantly,pretty much force you to buy comics you don't want to understand the plot and are thrown away in a year.

At least DC tries to push characters rather then simply printing 6 Justice League,Batman,Superman and Teen Titans books.