What's new

Which character is in need of an ongoing title

I always felt like Plastic Man needed to be made more relevant. I wish DC would put a good writer on that character.

I know his deal in comics is that he sort of appeals to slapstick humor, but I think in terms of powers he could actually be very interesting.

I read somewhere that he is technically one of the strongest superheroes within the DC universe, he just isn't taken very seriously because he is written very comedically.

I didn't realize we were also talking about the Marvel Universe as well, but since we are!

I always felt like Submariner needed to be updated to become more relevant; I really like the character and some of the things they have done with him, he just hasn't really had a good solo series as of late that appeals to readers.

I read a Submariner graphic novel where he fought against Ironman, Wolverine and Venom at different points.

The fight with Wolverine was really well done.

He ended up ripping out Venom's tongue later on in a fight after Venom ripped the wings off of his ankles, preventing him from being able to fly.

I also liked the Marvel Illuminati storyline that tied into the Infinity Gauntlet storyline with Submariner taking part in that team (Submariner, Dr. Strange, Professor X, Ironman, Mr. Fantastic, Black Bolt)

Yeah then tell me why people all but begged for the Spider Girl*Mayday*,She Hulk and Powergirl books to come back and why Batgirl is one of DC's top selling books if no gives a fuck about "shitty ass clones" as you put it? Maybe we prefer Conner or Kara/Karen over Clark and would rather read about them, Doesn't everybody want they're favorite hero to get they're own book where they have the spotlight?
Same answer as why chances are high that we will get Martian Manhunter as a DLC character. Because everyone sees the people who are vocal.
They cancelled Young Justice, because it didn't sell enough toys, yet there are people petitioning for the show to stay alive. They're vocal, but they're still the minority and they're chanceless.

Batgirl one of the top selling books?
The only reason Batgirl is in the mix is because she belongs to the Batman universe. As a matter of fact Batgirl is one of the worse selling Batman books. There are few other books which are selling far better (like Detective Comics, Batman and Robin, Batman Inc and so on).

And there is a big difference if a book like Batgirl sells 50.000 units and the better selling books reach up to 200.000 units.
20.000 - 25.000 units less than 50.000 and the publishers already start thinking about cancelling books.

The point is Marvel's fucked up too giving characters solo titles.
They are when they happen constantly,pretty much force you to buy comics you don't want to understand the plot and are thrown away in a year.
At least DC tries to push characters rather then simply printing 6 Justice League,Batman,Superman and Teen Titans books.
Marvel outsells DC comics on a monthly basis. Marvel doesn't struggle with their approach.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Scarlett Viper Doesn't DC print 3 or 4 Batman & Superman books? I mean if we don't include Batman & Superman offshoots you have:

Batman
Batman
Detective Comics
The Dark Knight
Batman & Robin
Batman/Superman
Batman Inc.

Superman:
Superman
Action Comics
Batman/Superman
Superman Unchained

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
Scarlett Viper Doesn't DC print 3 or 4 Batman & Superman books? I mean if we don't include Batman & Superman offshoots you have:

Batman
Batman
Detective Comics
The Dark Knight
Batman & Robin
Batman/Superman
Batman Inc.

Superman:
Superman
Action Comics
Batman/Superman
Superman Unchained
Hmm guess your right perhaps I'm simply blinded by my utter dislike of Marvel's comics.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Hmm guess your right perhaps I'm simply blinded by my utter dislike of Marvel's comics.
Eh, fair enough I guess. I started on Marvel when I was ten and then when I was... I dunno, whenever Sinestro Corps War came out in trade I started reading DC.

...Not sure which I prefer now....

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
Eh, fair enough I guess. I started on Marvel when I was ten and then when I was... I dunno, whenever Sinestro Corps War came out in trade I started reading DC.

...Not sure which I prefer now....
As a kid I was all Spider-Man and X-Men but for the last 3 years I've preferred DC.

Reedoms

Noob
once again: Who wants to read a Mr. Terrific comic?
I was interested in it when I heard he was getting a book because I loved him in JSA and I thought it was going to be him doing science adventures and dealing with his beliefs in a world of gods but nope. They got a shitty writer and a shitty artist and said they could do what they want and it just wasn't good.

I read somewhere that he is technically one of the strongest superheroes within the DC universe, he just isn't taken very seriously because he is written very comedically.
He's basically immortal. At a point where Martian Manhunter turned into a "true" martian which was basically him being a hulking behemoth on fire that was slapping everyones shit, they had to get Plas to fight him because you can't read his mind as it's plastic and he can transform into anything he imagines.
At another time he was frozen and smashed into thousands of pieces in 1000 b.c. and basically waited 3000 years until the JLA was back in present time and gathered his pieces up and put him back together.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I'm actually surprised that the Ghost Rider didn't do well, since it's an interesting concept and he has much that backs him up. But on the other hand, Ghost Rider has been around for a long, long time and he had his on-goings in the past

Spider-Girl, X-23 and She-Hulk are shitty ass clone characters who no one gives a fuck about, just the way it's for the DC universe. Why would you want own books for Superman, Supergirl, Superboy and Power Girl (+Huntress)? To me the last three feel very forced, especially because the last one isn't even good.

People are past vampires by now. Blade is ... meh.
In my opinion Blade barely managed to come up with enough stuff for three movies, which went down hill after the first one. I actually liked the second one, but I could have lived without it.

And events are not bad.
I would rather own 4-6-8 issues of comics, which end properly rather than getting into an on-going that gets cancelled after 8 issues, because no one gives a fuck about the character and every fan knew it from the first place... once again: Who wants to read a Mr. Terrific comic?
http://i.imgur.com/rKU89cZ.png

EGGXI

Scary Bat
...X-23 is alright in Avengers Arena.
Shulkie has always been kinda meh for me. Especially Red Shulk.
Jennifer Walters is alright though, she's pretty cool in the current series of FF as 'The Jen!'

fury714

50 Shades of Grayson
Cyborg is generating enough interest to give a try, just hoping it won't have the Mr. Terrific treatment, and I feel that DOOM needs his own title. I mean cmon, it's DOOM.

CCVengeance

My Pitch for a Shazam Ongoing:
Writer: Geoff Johns
Artist: In my head it's always Leinil Francis Yu
Premise:
The bulk of the first few arcs involve the ressuraction of a former evil member of the Council of Magic: The Warlock.He is the Wizard's twin brother who wishes to rule the world as the strongest being.The Warlock has chosen his own champion to carry out his will on Earth since he cant directly act on the mortal plane till he gathers enough magic.Just like Billy was chosen for his potencial for good the Warlock's champion is chosen for his potential for evil and cruelty.He will known as MAZAHS!His is the power of the Living Ice. Anyway the series will be a race to gather the Artifacts of the Wizard,six magically vestowed armor pieces that when combined will give the Warlock he nedds to return to his former status.They are:
-The Mask of Solomon: Allows the user to identify any magic spell of object just by looking at it.It also grants the bearer the power to see through illusions.
-The Bracelets of Hercules: Increases the user's streghnt to Superman-level.By slapping the bracelets together the user will create a powerful shockwave attack.
-The Belt of Atlas: Makes the user Indistructable.
-The Ring of Zeus: Makes the user able to summon a bolt around his hand that can pierce through anything even the Belt of Atlas.
-The Neckclace of Aquilles: Makes the bearer able to give himself and those around him great courage in times of chaos.Has the power to control and manipulate others if used for evil.
-The Crown of Mercury: Gives the user Flash-level speed.

Shazam's goal thourgh the series is find the objects before the Warlock's forces and then find a suitible bearer for each Artifact.
That's my idea.What do you guys think?

CCVengeance

i love it, i don't know if a wizard could be evil though, but i love it. also, can you wear a mask and a crown at the same time?
Yes.Im my head Mercury's crown it's like thos olive crowns the Greek used to were while the mask is like GL's or NW's.It just sticks to their faces.

CCVengeance

i thought you meant a mask like this.

Not like that at all.
I was thinking maybe this people shouldbe the bearers of the Artifacts:
-Mask: Mary(I dont know her last name)
-Neckclace: Freedy Freeman
-Crown: Earth-2 Flash
-Belt: Zatanna
-Bracelets: Earth-2 Doctor Fate
-Ring: Black Adam

Not like that at all.
I was thinking maybe this people shouldbe the bearers of the Artifacts:
-Mask: Mary(I dont know her last name)
-Neckclace: Freedy Freeman
-Crown: Earth-2 Flash
-Belt: Zatanna
-Bracelets: Earth-2 Doctor Fate
-Ring: Black Adam
why earth-2 flash and dr. fate? i agree with the rest though, and the mask reminds me of doctor sivana's magic eye.

CCVengeance

why earth-2 flash and dr. fate? i agree with the rest though, and the mask reminds me of doctor sivana's magic eye.
Because they are the only other magic based characters I trust.You cant give Zeus' Ring to Constatine and expect him to behave.
Besides Doctor Fate is powered by the Egyptian Gods like BA and Flash gets his powers from Mercury.

CCVengeance

randomdude I think I have a pitch for a The Rogues ongoing.With the SInister Six getting thier own at Marvel maybe DC should do the same.Part of the premise can be like half the team pretends to be heroes will the others pretend to lose so they get praise and profit.Maybe also deal with Cold(what's his real name again?I think it's Phinias?) trying to cure the Rogues from their fusion side-effects as a way to redemption.

Because they are the only other magic based characters I trust.You cant give Zeus' Ring to Constatine and expect him to behave.
Besides Doctor Fate is powered by the Egyptian Gods like BA and Flash gets his powers from Mercury.
and i guess they don't have to be "enchanted" to use those artifacts?

randomdude I think I have a pitch for a The Rogues ongoing.With the SInister Six getting thier own at Marvel maybe DC should do the same.Part of the premise can be like half the team pretends to be heroes will the others pretend to lose so they get praise and profit.Maybe also deal with Cold(what's his real name again?I think it's Phinias?) trying to cure the Rogues from their fusion side-effects as a way to redemption.
leonard snart, i was thinking about just that, cold trying to find a way to go back to their old ways (i actually like the gun wielding rogues more, but the new looks better). perhaps they could hunt dr. elias while he hired assasins to get rid of them, so they can find a way to either lose the side effects or lose the powers altogether. i like the idea about pretending to be heroes and villains for profit.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Flash, hands down.

He is always just a side character in all the DC related titles. His villains are badass too, people need to know more about them.