What's new

Which character is in need of an ongoing title

So sense it seems that red hood may be dlc, what do you guys think about red hood and the outlaws?
Red Hood is my favorite DC character I would be happy to see him in the game.
When they started working on Injustice DC was releasing their new 52 comics. Deathstroke had his own on-going and made it into the game. If DC knew that they would have to cancel his comic, because it didn't sell well enough, it wouldn't be surprising that they would have come up with Red Hood in the first place (damn, was that proper grammar ?_?)

I can see them offering the people Red Hood as DLC, 1. because he is a very requested character and 2. because they want to support his book.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I don't think there was anyone else on the battlefield, who would have been able to go toe to toe with them, besides Thor. So he kinda had to be the one who gets punched in the face to make a statement and showcase how powerful the Phoenix people were.

And there is no way in hell Thor will be able to take on the Sentry during the Uncanny Avengers.
I know it was spoiled that the re-match would happen. Thor clearly and obviously lost their first match.
But now the Sentry will even be more powerful I guess, since Apocalypse's Horsemen get power boosts, so I really don't even want to know about the shit the writer may come up with to make that an even much.
Hopefully not by just letting them trade it out, because Thor is not on Sentry's level.
Let's take the Cyclops fight for example:
Cyclops gets stunned by someone and THor rushes at him.Cyclops one shots him.The NEXT FUCKING PANEL hawkeye that's right FUCKING HAWKEYE hits Cyclops.No,just no.

THor I get.Hulk I get.
But there is no way in a million exploding suns that Sentry beats SUperman.Maybe it's an even fight but not the jobbing you suggest.....
Hey,remember when this thread was about which DC character should have his own ongoing?Me neither.
No, I misread it. That's why I deleted my post.
I thought you meant Thor VS Sentry, which would be a fight in Sentry's favour.
Superman is trickier though, because of the speed issues and the fact that Superman would enjoy getting hit by Sentry's energy (solar radiation for the most part).

And I set new rules to the thread, when I say "Fuck the DC universe."!

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Red Hood is my favorite DC character I would be happy to see him in the game.
When they started working on Injustice DC was releasing their new 52 comics. Deathstroke had his own on-going and made it into the game. If DC knew that they would have to cancel his comic, because it didn't sell well enough, it wouldn't be surprising that they would have come up with Red Hood in the first place (damn, was that proper grammar ?_?)

I can see them offering the people Red Hood as DLC, 1. because he is a very requested character and 2. because they want to support his book.
I don't know how I feel about red hood as dlc, but anyways, I am glad that Dc gave Jason a book to be on, I just don't enjoy what they did too the other characters

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Right lets get back on topic, are there any lesser known characters that would do well with a title?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
No, I misread it. That's why I deleted my post.
I thought you meant Thor VS Sentry, which would be a fight in Sentry's favour.
Superman is trickier though, because of the speed issues and the fact that Superman would enjoy getting hit by Sentry's energy (solar radiation for the most part).

And I set new rules to the thread, when I say "Fuck the DC universe."!
Ah I see.Let me delete mine aswell.although I am more than willing to go toe to toe with you on a Thor vs Sentry match.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I don't know how I feel about red hood as dlc, but anyways, I am glad that Dc gave Jason a book to be on, I just don't enjoy what they did too the other characters
I'm probably the minority on this, but I like the trucker hat and his personality. He reminds me of Nightwing, just not as obvious about his arrogance.

Though, I did like YJ Red Arrow too.

captain cold... and... how about... mirror mastah? ai laik da rogues.

i don't have more ideas than booster gold and cyborg, i'll get out.

Right lets get back on topic, are there any lesser known characters that would do well with a title?
That's overall a tricky pony, man.

For example Red Hood, Arsenal and Starfire ... Red Hood is basically the only one who could work as a character with his own on-going. Why? He has it all: Backstory, villains, guest characters (for when it gets boring), gadgets, morals / no morals and so on.
Arsenal and Starfire need to be in a team to work, because on their own, there is simply not enough to keep people interested in them.

Take a look at Deathstroke. You could say that he should be similar to Red Hood in Injustice, but when it comes to the comics he does not have enough back-up to have an on-going. His one got cancelled, because people are not buying it and I would go as far to say that people like Deathstroke more than Arsenal and Starfire.

There are not that many characters in the DC universe who can back-up an on-going, and that's why I also said: "Fuck the DC universe." ... The DC Universe has it's big 7 characters (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman) and then they like to come up with clones of these characters.
To me it feels like on-goings of characters like Power Girl, Supergirl, Batwoman and Batgirl are really, really forced and we'll see how many more issues they will get.

Characters who - in my opinion - could have successful on-goings would be: Deadman (if executed well), Plastic Man, Captain Cold.

That's overall a tricky pony, man.

For example Red Hood, Arsenal and Starfire ... Red Hood is basically the only one who could work as a character with his own on-going. Why? He has it all: Backstory, villains, guest characters (for when it gets boring), gadgets, morals / no morals and so on.
Arsenal and Starfire need to be in a team to work, because on their own, there is simply not enough to keep people interested in them.

Take a look at Deathstroke. You could say that he should be similar to Red Hood in Injustice, but when it comes to the comics he does not have enough back-up to have an on-going. His one got cancelled, because people are not buying it and I would go as far to say that people like Deathstroke more than Arsenal and Starfire.

There are not that many characters in the DC universe who can back-up an on-going, and that's why I also said: "Fuck the DC universe." ... The DC Universe has it's big 7 characters (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman) and then they like to come up with clones of these characters.
To me it feels like on-goings of characters like Power Girl, Supergirl, Batwoman and Batgirl are really, really forced and we'll see how many more issues they will get.

Characters who - in my opinion - could have successful on-goings would be: Deadman (if executed well), Plastic Man, Captain Cold.
yes! definitely plastic man, and you get one like for captain cold.

Reedoms

Noob
Vibe already got his own book so I'm pretty much set. The only other person I'd want in a solo title right now would be Shade after his little miniseries from last year since that was pretty awesome.