What's new

Guide Where we stand post NEC: Who's washed up, who's back and who's on the bubble.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I know. You said earlier in this thread "be careful when you pop off at the pop off master" or something to that effect.

And I say to you...what I said to you in my post..again. I will do no such thing, and you deserved it...I wouldn't pop off at someone that didn't.

I also don't want to derail your thread, I just wanted to say those few points. Please do carry on.

The point is you blew me up, rightfully or not, and later in the tournament I did extremely well and you didn't. Kind of a pop off backfire.

Can this thread get any more heated? :16Bit

k-frog

Noob
The point is you blew me up, rightfully or not, and later in the tournament I did extremely well and you didn't. Kind of a pop off backfire.

Can this thread get any more heated? :16Bit
Admittedly, it would have backfired had i come into this situation telling everyone I was going to get Top 8...but I did no such thing, and my pop off was not a "look how awesome I am" pop off it was a "HOLD THAT you talked shit and I still won" pop off. I did better than anyone thought I would including you, and that's enough for me to legitimate everything I said and did.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
k-frog if u listened to my advice u would be come a better player

MM at winter brawl? Pop off and talk shit all u want. I'd rather back it up in owes on at WB with a High stakes MM

Or you could just take my advice and stop jumping like a frog

Ground ur ermac more and you'll play better

Btw I give u hella props at EVO for beating master D
You're more than welcome to give me advice on how I can improve as well

TBH I told Jer sort of the same thing, I said for god sakes AA roll a mother fucker once and he agreed and will constantly work on it and when e nails it hell remember who told him

Pig Of The Hut

Admittedly, it would have backfired had i come into this situation telling everyone I was going to get Top 8...but I did no such thing, and my pop off was not a "look how awesome I am" pop off it was a "HOLD THAT you talked shit and I still won" pop off. I did better than anyone thought I would including you, and that's enough for me to legitimate everything I said and did.
Btw congrats on beating a Top cyrax

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I read through Tims post and I didn't know there was that much beef if you will.

I'm honestly completely happy that Pig Of The Hut has given me advice on where to improve my game, I honestly have a feeling if I work on this 100% and can do this consistently I will be able to finally break top 16 at majors.

If you look at SonicFox and myself's playstyles they are both completely different, yet he rolls jump ins and crossovers which helps him alot, once this is in my game, going along with my turreting IAS', I think people might be in for some trouble.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Exactly. Popping off about how the playstyle everyone mocks is actually good isn't this awesome blowup on us when your crowning achievement is managing to pull off one upset per tournament every 6 months. Ok, you got HAN and earned a pop off. Good shit, I offered a hand shake right away. Take your earned pop off. Meanwhile I'll be popping off on the main stage in top 8. You can hold dat.

mekane

Noob
why didn't CD Jr use Jax vs REO Kabal?

A) He's better with Jax than Kung Lao
B) Jax is a better matchup vs. Kabal than Kung Lao
C) Doesn't he always beats REO's Kabal with Jax?

I still think CD Jr is the best - when he plays with Jax and counter picks Jax's bad matchups.

k-frog

Noob

MM at winter brawl? Pop off and talk shit all u want. I'd rather back it up in owes on at WB with a High stakes MM

Or you could just take my advice and stop jumping like a frog

Ground ur ermac more and you'll play better

Btw I give u hella props at EVO for beating master D
You're more than welcome to give me advice on how I can improve as well

TBH I told Jer sort of the same thing, I said for god sakes AA roll a mother fucker once and he agreed and will constantly work on it and when e nails it hell remember who told him
Are you serious? You don't give advice. You just cut me down, it has always been that way. Saying "k-frog jumps 329864987124 times"and "Han had tournament nerves" is not giving advice, or anything close to giving advice, so let's call it what it is. Its cutting me down. You could just say you're sorry for being a complete douchebag since...forever and stop downplaying me...that would basically do it. People have told me that when asked about me you say shit like "k-frog? I hate that guy". Why? What the fuck did I ever do to you? i don't even think we've ever had a real conversation other than when you approached me at EVO emphatically claiming to not have hacked MKU...

And I know why you want the money match - "lets see frog jump at me and anti air him every time and then let's see him defend jumping". You think I'm going to jump like a maniac at your kenshi? LOL. Also, what does that have to do with anything that I said in my post other than you are simply once again trying to assert yourself and your skill over someone else in a douchy way, which is my entire issue with you? I will MM you...but I dropped almost $1000 on NEC and I can think of tons of things I'd rather spend cash on than an ego boosting MM with you in a bad matchup...so save the high stakes. Let's just do a normal one for 10 or 20. It makes no difference to me, I'll try just as hard to beat you and you can rest assured I won't be jumping nearly as much. I swear to god though if I beat you with a jump in, you will NEVER hear the end of it. Ever.

And Bit...My pop-off was DEFENSIVE, and any time I pop off in the future it will always be that way - that's probably one of the reasons that it has received so much attention - it didn't come from the place where normal pop-off's come from. I don't feel the need to belittle players. I don't feel the need to assert myself over anyone or anything, as you do and as Pig does - I just play the fucking game to the best of my ability...that's it. If I win great, if I don't... I must have done something wrong, time to train and get better...or maybe its a tough matchup and I needed to play better or do something differently. That's about as far as it goes for me...BUT when someone wants to talk shit to me completely unprovoked, and downplay me, then fuckin right i'm gonna get in their face when I prove them wrong. Anyone with a set of balls would do the same. And no Bit I'm not defending "Jumping aimlessly" as a correct play style. I am saying calculated jumping has a significant role in how I play...and has led me to many high damaging kombos and victories since I have been playing this game, in and out of tournament. When you use a character that has no armor and is low to mid tier at best, you have to get creative and play alot of mind games as zaf mentioned...which most certainly includes jumping.

Again...watch the last 10 seconds of the match with Han. A grounded ermac in that specific match with Han would have lost. I guage how much I can jump based on my opponent and the situation I'm in. Sometimes I make mistakes, and sometimes I jump a bit too much. I don't need you to tell me that every time someone brings my name up - pretty sure you've made your point.

And I will thank you for the props finally...but its too little too late. You never would have said any of that unless I dragged it out of you like this. You legit want to give me some advice to make me better (still don't believe you)? Send me a PM on MKU (I think I've derailed this thread enough) and tell me how to get away from Sonya pressure on knockdown without jumping with Ermac, assuming D4 will stuff me if I attempt to instant air blast her. . I know wakeup lift works if he goes into pressure sometimes, but its inconsistent and can get stuffed or blocked easily if he reads it.

Pig Of The Hut

k-frog

First off Han admitted it wasn't nerves so I was wrong there

Second if u criticized me and my game by saying hmmmm he wastes meter sometimes and doesn't play cyrax MU right then i agree w u

I am right that u jump way too much, everyone says it not just me . Me putting the number is more about getting the point across. I also criticized reo for not AA cross over ex spinning - I'm sure hell take that note and apply it to his game rather than blow me up for giving him advice

Go balls crazy tonight if u wish but again if u took my advice it'd help u overall

Have it your way I can play it either way