What's new

whats your take on the roster leak?

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I like the look of the roster. Granted, I'm a huge Batman fan so the batman characters are fine with me. I would like to see some characters that are lesser known to the masses be added with the DLC model. I enjoyed NRS games, DC Universe, and Injustice, so I don't mind shelling out some extra cash.

IM JUST SICK OF SEEING THIS LITTLE WUSSIE CHARACTERS. IE. BLUE BEETLE, ROBIN, THERE LITTLE WUSSIES. I WANT POWERFUL CHARACTERS. ARES, SHAZAM EVEN THO GREEN ARROW MAY BE A WUSSIE CHARACTER HE AT LEAST SLAYS POON, WHERE ARE THESE KEY CHARACTERS???
green arrow will be back,

dr fate dropped injustice earth canary into an earth where she and ollie had a kid together but that earths canary had died, so canary will turn up in the game and arrow will prob come along for the ride.

damian robin is a beast bro. hes essentially batman minus the restraint

and blue beetle. when his scarab takes over he can be OP dude

Last edited:
My take:

It looks credible so far so I'm giving it some weight but I'm not going to be shocked if it gets debunked.

If the list is true I hope it's incomplete because there are a lot of characters missing that I'd be interested in. There are a bunch of Injustice 1 characters I hope return that aren't on that list (Sinestro, Batgirl, MMH, Hawkgirl, Shazam, Raven) and there are a couple of new names that stand out as missing (Starfire and Red Hood).

As for those characters that are on there, I'm pretty happy with the selection. I don't really know anything about Firestorm so I'm indifferent there but I'm happy with the rest of the choices.

The list has some characters on it that were killed in the story but I don't believe that means anything. I really want Green Arrow and Joker back. I think Scarecrow was killed in the comic and possibly Black Canary but I want them too so I'm all for whatever story device they use.

If true, I believe that Cheetah will be an alt costume for Catwoman and that Mr. Freeze will be an alt costume for Captain Cold. I believe Swamp Thing will be a separate character from Poison Ivy.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I hope we get captain cold. I absolutely loved him in the flash, great actor.

I hope Grundy makes it back, I didn't play to much of him, but it was awesome seeing a character who was actually able to super swag combos for huge dmg.

I also really loves Shazam's design. Very offensive grappler. I think he's got a movie coming in soon so he will probably be back

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm fine with it. I see people complaining that a lot of characters aren't returning, but this is the way I see it: if they can only develop a 28-30 characters roster, I don't want 24 of those to be characters that was in the last game. I would rather play something new, with SOME old. Nothing something OLD, with some new. I would also be fine with a 50/50 type roster (half old, half new), which seems to be the case.

Besides, most FGs don't bring back all of the characters in the previous game for the sequel.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I guess u have him blocked ? Someone said

"Probably fake dont get your hopes up. We still got long ways to go, they probably dont have the whole roster even finished."

I mentioned you because you are knowledgeable on the category of when and how rosters/characters are determined for games or movies
Yea whoever said that doesn't know anything as that is 100% not the case nor how things are done

I didn't see who you were talking to so yea I'm assuming it someone I blocked

I hope Grundy makes it back, I didn't play to much of him, but it was awesome seeing a character who was actually able to super swag combos for huge dmg.

I also really loves Shazam's design. Very offensive grappler. I think he's got a movie coming in soon so he will probably be back
i love grapplers, coming from a gief main , i loved grundys playstyle and his tekken/king eske combo command throw trait,

his super sucked balls tho

as an aquaman main, i always messed up against shazams's rush and his invincable frames, him and killer frost just threw my timing off

My take:

It looks credible so far so I'm giving it some weight but I'm not going to be shocked if it gets debunked.

If the list is true I hope it's incomplete because there are a lot of characters missing that I'd be interested in. There are a bunch of Injustice 1 characters I hope return that aren't on that list (Sinestro, Batgirl, MMH, Hawkgirl, Shazam, Raven) and there are a couple of new names that stand out as missing (Starfire and Red Hood).

As for those characters that are on there, I'm pretty happy with the selection. I don't really know anything about Firestorm so I'm indifferent there but I'm happy with the rest of the choices.

The list has some characters on it that were killed in the story but I don't believe that means anything. I really want Green Arrow and Joker back. I think Scarecrow was killed in the comic and possibly Black Canary but I want them too so I'm all for whatever story device they use.

If true, I believe that Cheetah will be an alt costume for Catwoman and that Mr. Freeze will be an alt costume for Captain Cold. I believe Swamp Thing will be a separate character from Poison Ivy.
in the comics fate dropped injustice earth canary off to an earth where canary had died and her and arrow had a child, she'll make the roster and arrow will come with her.

arrow was the comic relief in the first, he'll def be back

wentworth did a great job as snark, pefectly theatrical and ott

KCJ506

Noob
I'm fine with it. I see people complaining that a lot of characters aren't returning, but this is the way I see it: if they can only develop a 28-30 characters roster, I don't want 24 of those to be characters that was in the last game. I would rather play something new, with SOME old. Nothing something OLD, with some new. I would also be fine with a 50/50 type roster (half old, half new), which seems to be the case.

Besides, most FGs don't bring back all of the characters in the previous game for the sequel.

It seems like some people expect FG sequels to bring back all the characters whenever there's a sequel. If companies were to do that, as well as add a bunch of new characters, we'd be reaching around at least 80 characters by the third or fourth game and would be like MUGEN territory. Plus trying to balance a roster that size would be a logistical nightmare.

It seems like some people expect FG sequels to bring back all the characters whenever there's a sequel. If companies were to do that, as well as add a bunch of new characters, we'd be reaching around at least 80 characters by the third or fourth game and would be like MUGEN territory. Plus trying to balance a roster that size would be a logistical nightmare.
right!!??!

a decent fighter has got to put balance first.

im talking to all the bane haters lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The twitter portion of this video as reasoning for characters being in the game is (soap bar in my mouth)

Characters are 100% decided two-three years in advance . So PLEASE STOP MAKING YOUR CHARACTER WISH LIST THREADS.
But I want Scarecrow in Injustice 2

Last edited:

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I could take or leave this roster. I love the idea of Swamp Thing, Dr. Fate, Mr. Freeze (even if he's a Premiere Skin), Firestorm, and Brainiac.
Then again, I feel like a DC fighting game without one of the Hawks, Sinestro, Shazam, Lex Luthor, or Martian Manhunter wouldn't be (my personal) representation of the relevant characters in the DCU.

Character that are kinda meh on the leaked roster are Robin(just got the trailer) and Bane both are in.

Mr. Freeze will just be a skin for Captain Cold

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
IM JUST SICK OF SEEING THIS LITTLE WUSSIE CHARACTERS. IE. BLUE BEETLE, ROBIN, THERE LITTLE WUSSIES. I WANT POWERFUL CHARACTERS. ARES, SHAZAM EVEN THO GREEN ARROW MAY BE A WUSSIE CHARACTER HE AT LEAST SLAYS POON, WHERE ARE THESE KEY CHARACTERS???
BLASPHEMY!!! Blue Beetle is OP!! He's a character that was just made for a fighting game! Seems you don't know much about him or the Titans in general