What's new

What's Your Favorite Horror Movie(s)?

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
The Devil's Rejects! I also enjoyed house of 1000 corpses up until the ending but meh, ill watch anything Rob Zombie. I may be the only one who still supports the Saw series (1,2 were great the rest sucked) but i have faith after 5 Shit movies. As for the classics; Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead, All of the Friday and Nightmare films, Psycho, Black Christmas, Halloween(1,2 and Remake) and the Exorcist.
P.S. Horror films that are so bad they're good; Night of the Demon (Bigfoot running around killing and raping people) Troll1,2 The Human Centipede and Monkey Shines. I absolutely recommend all of these.

EDIT: I am disappointed in my self for not mentioning the granddaddy of all horror films THE SHINNING!

Sutter: They Live was awesome, and the Feast's were all terrific! Fun to watch too. :)
Never seen The Mouth Of Madness. But just watched the Trailer to it..Is that where you got your Name? Sutter Cane/Sutter Pain. Just a thought.
It seems you like John Carpenter a whole lot man.

Scotty: Congratulations for the first to mention The Exorcist!

CJKRattlehead: YES! thank you! Was thinking of that one today. Devil's Rejects was a great movie, and so was House of a thousand corpses.
Yeah, I agree. I only like the first 2 Saw's, rest were to Guessable. THE SHINNING! xD So many memories! Pshycho... :)

Anybody Like "The Devil's Advocate" or "Constantine".
MK Related Horror Movie! "Spawn" Has Michael Jai White in it as Spawn. Michael Plays Jax in "MK Legacy"
~Hound.

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
The original Dawn of the Dead is one of my favorites of all time. I also enjoy Day of the Dead, Pumpkin Head, Critters, Dead Alive, Zombie 2, The Hills Have Eyes and Texas Chainsaw Massacre and many other old school horror movies. I also like to watch obscure or little known horror movies. The Japanese hae some real fucked up horror flicks. Go to IMDB and check out the movie, Stacey. lol Hard to find good horror movies these days. Mostly they have these shit horror movies that come out now that are torture/horror like Hostel and some others. Those movies are garbage.

No one mentions return of the living dead btw? If you like dead alive then you've gotta like return of the living dead. It has clever zombies and tarman etc.. Just awesome.

The punk gang is cool aswell, makes me think of the esthetics of zombies ate my neighbours wich yet again is awesome.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Favourite?

Probably has to be The Ring. I have seen both the Japanese and American versions and frankly, I enjoyed the American one more. It was the first ever film to scare me for months. I was scared of my TV at night. I watched it with a few friends and when the end credits started, the screen started to crackle or whatever. We all ran out of the room and would not go into the room with the TV. It was that scary.

Most entertaining though is Saw. Loved the series, the plot, the gore, the cheese and even though it got silly near the end I darn loved every minute of it!

TWZTID

Noob
im sorry........ Scream doesn't belong in this thread. I see it more as a high school flick like Breakfast Club or Pretty in Pink. It has David Arquette for christ sakes!!! That would be like casting Dana Carvey in a hero role for A Nightmare on Elm Street.....

sorry...... just very ANTI-Scream

redeyes

Button Masher
The human centipede hands down best movie. haha

but on a serious note im not really a fan of horror but if i had to choose it would be IT that movie ruined my childhood )':

im sorry........ Scream doesn't belong in this thread. I see it more as a high school flick like Breakfast Club or Pretty in Pink. It has David Arquette for christ sakes!!! That would be like casting Dana Carvey in a hero role for A Nightmare on Elm Street.....

sorry...... just very ANTI-Scream
On the topic of scream, i saw the fourth movie a couple of days ago and it was remarkable how little there was to like about the movie with it still being watchable. Fantastic in its own right i have to say.

Scream is a slasher movie, though no "scarier" than scary movie and probably funnier. If a slasher movie is automatically a horror movie, that is the question.

I actually really enjoyed the remakes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes. I also love the Paranormal activity movies and Insidious. One movie I watched that creeped me the fuck out for real was The Fair Haired Child, I highly reccomend it. Event Horizon looks pretty cool too.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Killer Klowns From Outer Space FTW! On the real though, for old school flix, N.M.O.E.S 4-Dream Master, all the way. New schtuff has gotta be Rob Zombie's Halloween reboots.

-b_s- :headbang:

Enenra

Go to hell.
Alien. 1979 one. Hands down, so badass. I'll never relive that experience of watching it for the first time, was so legit. Alien and Aliens are some of my favorite films of all time, and definitely my favorite universe to submerge myself in. Even more than MK somehow ;)

aj1701

Noob
I'm pretty pissed off that The Thing is being remade again because the Kurt Russell version is PERFECT. There is nothing they can possibly do to make that film any better.
Everything Kurt Russell did was perfect. My favorite movie with him is Big Trouble in Little China. As an extra bonus that movie has Raiden in it as well!

aj1701

Noob
Ah, Final Destination. :) They do have good story-lines/Plots.
You guys are fucking with me right? Its a fun movie, but good story line?? I just saw the new one last weekend I lolled at all the deaths.

So I have to say, The Ring is my favoriate. I saw it in the theather when it first came out, and for the next two weeks I was freaked out in my own apartment every night. I couldn't keep my back to the 32" TV I had at the time.

Silent Hill was actually a great movie I though.

Love the Underworld series.

Paranormal Activity 1 / 2 have that Ring freak factor too. Gets in your head.

the closest thing to that genre I watch would be the 28 days/weeks

In my childhood I've seen Poltergeist, Stephen King's IT, Childs Play, Puppet Master, Basket Case, The Children etc. I've heard Event Horizon is scary as fk but never watched it.
28 days / wks later is good. Event Horizon... I forgot about that one. It is really freaky.

For full effect, made it as dark as you can, and have surround sound. The sound in that movie is as powerful as the visuals. Good shit.

Also saw some people mention Insidous. Loved that one as well.

TWZTID

Noob
On the topic of scream, i saw the fourth movie a couple of days ago and it was remarkable how little there was to like about the movie with it still being watchable. Fantastic in its own right i have to say.

Scream is a slasher movie, though no "scarier" than scary movie and probably funnier. If a slasher movie is automatically a horror movie, that is the question.
same argument for metal, black metal, industrial, death....... its all different but are under the metal catergory.

as fot Killer Klowns, i fuckn LOVE that move!!! That happens to be my daughters fave as well.... along with NOES

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
hard to choose one so Top six (couldnt choose between them lol) in no order.

Event Horizon
The Thing
Rec
Audition
Psycho
Shaun of the Dead(not really a horror but the best spoof ever.)

As far as the Final Destination movies go.. I think the first 2 were alright. But after them, They were kinda dull...Same with the Screams.
Alien(s), were awesome. So were the Predators. Ahnold Shwartzanegah.

Cali: Love Shaun of The Dead! Watchin' it right now. Also Love your Sig right now. ;)

Thank's for all the replies guys. :)
~Hound.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Thanks btw i had to add two more i felt bad leaving them off.

Night of the Living Dead(comon this made zombies what they are today)
The Crazies (1973 original)

Im partial to Romero (i met him at the Land of the Dead Premiere) he is a great guy.

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
No one mentions return of the living dead btw? If you like dead alive then you've gotta like return of the living dead. It has clever zombies and tarman etc.. Just awesome.

The punk gang is cool aswell, makes me think of the esthetics of zombies ate my neighbours wich yet again is awesome.
"Send more cops..." lol There are so many memorable lines from that movie. Favorite character in the movie is Burt, the owner of the ware house. He has some of the best lines in the movie. Punk guy: "What are you gonna do, Mister?" Burt: "I'm gonna knock it's goddamn block off!" lol

Sasuga

Noob
The human centipede hands down best movie. haha
That movies freaked me out. It wasn't scary or good imo, it was just extremely sick. And the idea that it can happen for real. It feel I was truly a little bit mentally damaged after that seeing one.

HadesWTF

Don't Hate!
my personal all time favorite....

THE THING (1982)

I'm pretty pissed off that The Thing is being remade again because the Kurt Russell version is PERFECT. There is nothing they can possibly do to make that film any better.

Metalwolf, have you seen Dog Soldiers? I haven't seen a lot of werewolf movies besides some of the obvious ones (werewolf in london), but I remember thinking Dog Soldiers was pretty good. Mind you I haven't seen it since it was first released to DVD years ago...
Huh, first reply was my favorite movie wow.

Bobzilla

Noob
These aren't my favorites, but I don't see a point in repeating ones already mentioned. After a quick glance, here's some that I enjoyed that I didn't see listed so far.

Martyrs
Frontier(s)
Inside
High Tension
Wolf Creek
Antichrist
Let The Right One In
Ichi The Killer
A Serbian Film
The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
Cabin Fever
The Blair Witch Project
Drag Me To Hell
Silent Hill
Eden Lake
Midnight Meat Train
Leprechaun
The Prophecy
The People Under The Stairs
Gremlins

And while these two aren't strictly horror, The Lost Boys and Tremors are two of my favorite movies.