What's new

What would you want from a hypothetical Mortal Kombat 11 "Season 2" or beyond?

DeftMonk

Noob
If characters had a lariat style move that had 1 hit of armor into kd and was universal I wouldnt be upset. Similar to the armor moves in tekken.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I'm not talking about Kombat League Seasons or the average patch, I'm talking about something similar to games like Tekken 7 and their Seasons (1, 2, 3, etc), which brings major changes to the game. Modified or new mechanics, modes, stages, features, and options... and of course balance changes.

Personally I hope Season 2 (or whatever NRS would decide to call it) comes along side Kombat Pack 2. I think more characters is nice, but big changes to the entire game is what truly keeps things fresh. I mentioned Tekken, but other FGs like Street Fighter V, SoulCalibur 6, Killer Instinct, etc, have done this. And as an example, SFV has added things like new V-Triggers and V-Skills, while games like KI added new combat mechanics.

So if MK11 got this type of treatment, what would you add to the game? What would you change? How many Seasons do you want? Or would you prefer NRS to move on to the next game after the known DLC characters are done?

Personally, for the future I would like to see:
  • More stages (kinda confirmed)
  • Friendships (also kinda confirmed)
  • Every character gets movelist changes, things like new properties on attacks.
  • Tweak some variations, like Subby's Dead of Winter variation so it's more than just living or dying by the mix.
  • Make hopping more useful somehow (maybe more Krushing Blows off of hop kicks?)
  • Cross-play for all modes, and add PC to the player pool.
  • A big minigame like Chess Kombat, or a bunch of small ones like Test Your Might, Sight, etc.
  • Price drop-off for DLC characters -- basically, previous Kombat Packs are cheaper than the newest ones.
  • Of course new characters beyond the ones we know off.
  • Next-gen version of the game (PS5/XSX) with visual enhancements and cross-progression with the current gen version.
  • All of this doesn't need to be added at once, of course. I personally would be fine with 3 seasons or so before NRS' next game.
DOOM SLAYER
MOTOR KOMBAT
TAG TEAM WITH 4 PLAYER LOCAL

I mean you kinda still have that. Its reach but hear me out. Armor launchers were strong not because they plowed through everything they didnt. They were powerful because they denied counter poking or turn stealing. Now imgine a game where you combo someone and move for oki only to be comboed, now I know it's a reach but honestly its worst than armored launchers.
I remember being very annoyed with them with the fact you couldn't counter poke as it should have been because most armored launchers were safe on block. It was a low risk-high reward thing and as Sektor I only had a reversal armor vs characters with armored launchers (Jax, Predator, Mileena, to name a few.) When they made all of armors as reversals it made them at least think of spending a bar to net only 10%-14% damage instead of a full combo.

As for MK11, it's all mind games between doing combos and your opponent on knockdown lol. It's like if I'm rewarded at first for landing a combo, immediately I have to watch my opponent if they breakaway and their options after getting knockdowned...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i just want to be able to kustomize in tournament play. at least allow us to switch out 1 kustom move and replace with what we want.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Initially armor was the stop gap for most of the nonsense in the game, it didn't disappear lol.
It wasn't, though. Armor was a huge part of the nonsense, which is why they toned it down so severely.

I didn't say it disappeared, but a big part of the XL 'savior' patch was toning down the effectiveness of armored moves. Meaning they either removed armor or the armor no longer launched, didn't combo, didn't lead to as much damage, etc. This was specifically in response to armor being way too strong in MKX.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
It wasn't, though. Armor was a huge part of the nonsense, which is why they toned it down so severely.

I didn't say it disappeared, but a big part of the XL 'savior' patch was toning down the effectiveness of armored moves. Meaning they either removed armor or the armor no longer launched, didn't combo, didn't lead to as much damage, etc. This was specifically in response to armor being way too strong in MKX.
I agree with you but also acknowledge that mkx without armor is terrible to play fight an erma right now without pulling your teeth out

Such drastic changes should happen early or not at all. The game had the armored launchers for more than a year, and after most majors ended and most people had moved on, the game was totally changed. Yes, the last version was better due to toned down 50/50s and armored launchers but the change came way too late when most players didn't care.

Kintaro swap for Sheeva when she comes out
Reptile with MKX Bone Outfit, MKX remix of his MK9 gear and a Classic Human Ninja look
Sektor
Ferra/Torr (or a new symbiote character)
Havik
Mileena (no lips or cat eyes this time, proper MK2 Mileena)
MK3 Ninjettes

Now with that unlikely stuff out of the way:
Sheeva, Friendships, Soul Chamber and Dead Pool are already on their way so thats great

But to revitalize and refresh the game a little for Season 2, Instead of a rebalance I think they should try what Namco did in Tekken 7 and SoulCalibur6 and add some new strings and special moves.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
- UI changes, like offensive and defensive meter have their own distinct color, so they stand out more. It would also be great if they made the lifebars change to the color red when you have Fatal Blow ready. It might seems to you like a minor thing, but a change like this will make you eat supers alot less.

- A new gear slot for all characters. I.E hair pieces for Liu Kang, Kung Lao. Would be great to see the monks have MKX style long hairs, or short ones from Mk1, MK2.

- A classic ranked mode. We still earn ranks by earning points, but it's more grindy and harsher to optain, this will make the player progression more natural and it will certainly divide the player base in proper way. Also, you have to be wired to participate!

Want:
  • Remove Fatal Blow cooldown; it's gone after use no matter what.
  • Fix hitboxes; we've been saying it for ages already. A lot of the hitbox issues in this simply shouldn't be happening.
  • Find a way to give the game actual meaties without killing the wake up system (or tweak the latter as necessary).
  • Massive design/balance pass for the custom moves so the game can no longer be afraid of its own main gimmick and open it up to competition.
  • Balance pass across all of the dead krushing blow requirements to make them actually useful.
  • More incentive to use hop attacks. Clearer distinction between punch and kick purposes.
  • More ranks in KL. Since you can't lose points for the first 3 ranks we effectively only have 6 ranks in the game. This is not enough. Resetting so frequently is also weird.
  • Better currency sinks for Hearts and Souls.
  • Hitbox viewer

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think on the music front, obviously the past few MK's haven't been as good as the classics or MK 9. But I do think MK 11's music is better than MK X's. Though I love the fatality theme in MK X. The music is ok in MK 11 for fatalities but while the slow mo is cool, I also feel this makes the fatality last forever to continue.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
One thing I really want :

Add 3 to 5 loadouts in the character select screen in ranked mode.

It was there in Injustice 2, and in previous MK we were able to change the outfit/skin of our character before the fight.

It's kinda boring to have a game focusing on gears, skins etc and not being able to select from different loadouts before the fight. We have to quit the mode, then go to the customization menu, choose one default, then come back in ranked...

• WIFI filter for online matches
  • Hitboxes/Hurtboxes finally fixed
  • d2 gains air attack invincibility
  • Aquiring gear doesn't suck anymore and is fun. I thought it'd be cool if all the treasures in the Krypt would have predetermined loot, and when you've opened them all, you got all the stuff that's in there. Genius isn't it?