What's new

What would you want from a hypothetical Mortal Kombat 11 "Season 2" or beyond?

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm not talking about Kombat League Seasons or the average patch, I'm talking about something similar to games like Tekken 7 and their Seasons (1, 2, 3, etc), which brings major changes to the game. Modified or new mechanics, modes, stages, features, and options... and of course balance changes.

Personally I hope Season 2 (or whatever NRS would decide to call it) comes along side Kombat Pack 2. I think more characters is nice, but big changes to the entire game is what truly keeps things fresh. I mentioned Tekken, but other FGs like Street Fighter V, SoulCalibur 6, Killer Instinct, etc, have done this. And as an example, SFV has added things like new V-Triggers and V-Skills, while games like KI added new combat mechanics.

So if MK11 got this type of treatment, what would you add to the game? What would you change? How many Seasons do you want? Or would you prefer NRS to move on to the next game after the known DLC characters are done?

Personally, for the future I would like to see:
  • More stages (kinda confirmed)
  • Friendships (also kinda confirmed)
  • Every character gets movelist changes, things like new properties on attacks.
  • Tweak some variations, like Subby's Dead of Winter variation so it's more than just living or dying by the mix.
  • Make hopping more useful somehow (maybe more Krushing Blows off of hop kicks?)
  • Cross-play for all modes, and add PC to the player pool.
  • A big minigame like Chess Kombat, or a bunch of small ones like Test Your Might, Sight, etc.
  • Price drop-off for DLC characters -- basically, previous Kombat Packs are cheaper than the newest ones.
  • Of course new characters beyond the ones we know off.
  • Next-gen version of the game (PS5/XSX) with visual enhancements and cross-progression with the current gen version.
  • All of this doesn't need to be added at once, of course. I personally would be fine with 3 seasons or so before NRS' next game.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm pretty certian that the Season 2 of MK11 WILL have major changes in the way it plays, as in deep function changes.... not like tekken, but like MKx -> MKxl.... NRS was the 1st to really completely rebuild their games in a version, before all the "season" stuff in SF and Tekken and so on.

But yeah, I am not sure what they will change, but I think Fatal Blow and how the meter works would probably be the top contenders for game design changes... maybe changing the KL / Pro-Tour system for games played or how variations work 3/5 or allow variation change even on win or w/e. I also expect a 4th variation as well.

I hope they come up with a better name than "season" though.

Mileena. But yeah.... never gonna happen.
I bet that she will be in MK11 if we get to season 3 or 4.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I just want two key things, since the core gameplay wont change. I want them to change KL so we dont lose points only gain once you reach champion. The fact that it's a broken system, has so many flaws from cheaters, laggers, toxic players and the fact that they penalize you for not playing a few days and force you to play it for "exclusive" rewards is stupid. Aside from their bad point system as many have mentioned already on here.

Give us another way to unlock or get KL gear, skins etc nrs needs to stop restricting people who may want them to just that mode regardless of skill level, even if you're a better player its still a pain, grind not worth the aggravation.

They also need to make a block tool that actually works, like the way it is now it's useless so if you get a dumbass trash talker or cheater whatever, I should be able to block them for good as in I never get matched up with this person again from that specific account. Not sure if this is m$ or nrs or both but this needs to be fixed for real.

Zviko

Noob
-Fix all highs whiffing on crouch block and all the other hitbox issues
-Remove throw KBs from every character in the game
-Remove tick throws from mid cmnd grab characters or change them to highs
-Change/add ranking system that is tied to a character, like in Tekken
-Change ranking system in general, maybe add more ranks within those ranks too
-Wifi filter for KL
-Dont lock stuff that adds to the gameplay like brutalities to certain modes
-Make all brutality requirements easier, like just holding a button or something easy
-More klassic stages, skins, more stage brutalities(basically for every interactable)
-Reptile

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
This is the most important thing for me.

-rework breakaway
-remove throw tech guesses
-rework fatal blow mechanism
-An unlock all Button for the krypt, because I still don't have the motivation to play this mode
-reworked KL 'seasons' a long time span. I don't like to fight my way up just for 1 month and restart.
-allow custom variatons
-nerf noob so no one but i will play him (that's the only way for me to be the best noob in the world)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Personally I want them to drop the game. Mkx had a lot of issue but for better or worse armor coverd the majority of them, mkxl only made them game "significantly" better.
The MKXL patch actually greatly toned down the effectiveness of armor, so I’m not sure how these two views are compatible with each other.

Gratuitous powerful armored starter/launchers were universally recognized as part of the problem, not the solution.

Jynks

I just want two key things, since the core gameplay wont change.
I'd bet money that it will change.

Give us another way to unlock or get KL gear, skins etc nrs needs to stop restricting people who may want them to just that mode regardless of skill level, even if you're a better player its still a pain, grind not worth the aggravation.
No fuck this "participation trophy" crap. The entire point of the skins is that they mean something. They are a reward .. the entire point is that people who are not into the game enough or good enough can't get them. This is a good thing.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
  • Connection/Country(Wifi Filter Options for all Online Modes
  • Online Match Search Option during Training and Tower Mode
  • Fatal Blow being a one Time thing with no Recharge on Whiff/Block
  • Incorporating all the Moves into the 3 Variations so that none are left while giving people more Options
  • Persistent Ranking System while Keeping the Season Rewards but tie it to different things then the Rank you achieved during that time Period.
  • Casual Tag Battle Mode (Online/Ofline) just for fun. Will be broken as fuck but the mechanik is already in the Game so let people use it with friends.
  • Rework of the Tutorial mode to Cover all Variations of each Char instead of the current Mumbojumbo.
  • All Tournament Loadouts should be the Basic ones (Right now you have to create them for Trainingsmode ect.)
  • Costume Handling Rework so that its not Bound to the Variation you picked so that you can Choose different Costumes on the fly for each Variation + more Costume Slots
  • Tournament Variation Stage Version select

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'd bet money that it will change.

No fuck this "participation trophy" crap. The entire point of the skins is that they mean something. They are a reward .. the entire point is that people who are not into the game enough or good enough can't get them. This is a good thing.
Not when you have to deal with extreme grinding and cheaters fuck that man. Lol I dont mean participation just give me another way even if it's another gauntlet which is not easy but at least I wont have to deal with lag switchers, cheaters and the bad kl gives us.

I hope you're right with your first part, I'll believe that when it happens. I think this game would be much better without KBs and a better wake up system, and add breakers back to replace breakaways.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
MAKE CUSTOM VARIATIONS TOURNAMENT VIABLE!
Reiko as a playable DLC.
A simple staff and glaive with a purple glow/trail for Jade.
Being able to switch between hairstyles across all skins.
Being able to switch between human/Revenant across all relevant skins.
A few more moves/abilities added to each main roster character.
One more Fatality for each character, so they all have 3. More could be added later.
More intro and win poses for each character.
Expanded/new areas for the Krypt.
The option to turn blood on/off.

Edit: More cool stages would be nice too. ^^

And of course some gameplay balances, but you guys know a lot more about that than me, so I won't get into specifics.

Last edited:

Radam

Noob
As long as I get Evil Dead Ash I'm happy, but a way to block WiFi connections in match ups would be appreciated and make all enhanced moves accessible during frames rather than having to press R1 straight away for some and delayed for others.

DeftMonk

Noob
i dont think they should change throw kb. It adds some level of hype to the game at highest lvl and that is always good. switch stance changed to move that buffs d2. Every match can use this once for next d2 to be 2n1 cancelable to a special move. Setup moves way less recovery. far teleports thrown into the garbage bin and the dev who thought of them sent to work at NRS Siberia.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
MAKE CUSTOM VARIATIONS TOURNAMENT VIABLE!
Reiko as a playable DLC.
A simple staff and glaive with a purple glow/trail for Jade.
Being able to switch between hairstyles across all skins.
Being able to switch between human/Revenant across all relevant skins.
A few more moves/abilities added to each main roster character.
One more Fatality for each character, so they all have 3. More could be added later.
More intro and win poses for each character.
Expanded/new areas for the Krypt.
The option to turn blood on/off.

Edit: More cool stages would be nice too. ^^

And of course some gameplay balances, but you guys know a lot more about that than me, so I won't get into specifics.
Agree with this.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
The MKXL patch actually greatly toned down the effectiveness of armor, so I’m not sure how these two views are compatible with each other.

Gratuitous powerful armored starter/launchers were universally recognized as part of the problem, not the solution.
Initially armor was the stop gap for most of the nonsense in the game, it didn't disappear lol. My point was x didn't have the ground floor issues 11 has. For instance
Breakaway Fatal blow flawless block and infinite meter we all can agree they need a rework. Now couple that with jump ins throw tech, being able to launch from knockdown. If you belive a company we hear from every 6 months can fix all of this in a "big" patch I don't know what to tell you.
Mk11 is a fine installment they accomplished what they set out to do continued support isnt necessary arguably a watch of resources

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I agree with making season like Tekken, if they want this game to be played for years to come they need to keep adding content and not just single player towers content cause I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than play through that absolutely bullshit.

New moves, more variations, better costumes, MUSCLE PACK for female characters, more gear, always more gear cause playing dress up is fun. More brutals, stage fatalities and more stages.

Jynks

New moves, more variations, better costumes, MUSCLE PACK for female characters, more gear, always more gear cause playing dress up is fun. More brutals, stage fatalities and more stages.
um... isn't that exactly what they have been doing so far?

I still have PTSD from armored launchers. God, that was such a BS mechanic back then in MKX.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
For nrs to stop releasing beta characters and then never patching them properly.
For the goal to be that characters are equals not "we have these munchkin bullshit do-it-all characters and then those that are NOT ALLOWED to be good."

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I still have PTSD from armored launchers. God, that was such a BS mechanic back then in MKX.
I mean you kinda still have that. Its reach but hear me out. Armor launchers were strong not because they plowed through everything they didnt. They were powerful because they denied counter poking or turn stealing. Now imgine a game where you combo someone and move for oki only to be comboed, now I know it's a reach but honestly its worst than armored launchers.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I'm not talking about Kombat League Seasons or the average patch, I'm talking about something similar to games like Tekken 7 and their Seasons (1, 2, 3, etc), which brings major changes to the game. Modified or new mechanics, modes, stages, features, and options... and of course balance changes.

Personally I hope Season 2 (or whatever NRS would decide to call it) comes along side Kombat Pack 2. I think more characters is nice, but big changes to the entire game is what truly keeps things fresh. I mentioned Tekken, but other FGs like Street Fighter V, SoulCalibur 6, Killer Instinct, etc, have done this. And as an example, SFV has added things like new V-Triggers and V-Skills, while games like KI added new combat mechanics.

So if MK11 got this type of treatment, what would you add to the game? What would you change? How many Seasons do you want? Or would you prefer NRS to move on to the next game after the known DLC characters are done?

Personally, for the future I would like to see:
  • More stages (kinda confirmed)
  • Friendships (also kinda confirmed)
  • Every character gets movelist changes, things like new properties on attacks.
  • Tweak some variations, like Subby's Dead of Winter variation so it's more than just living or dying by the mix.
  • Make hopping more useful somehow (maybe more Krushing Blows off of hop kicks?)
  • Cross-play for all modes, and add PC to the player pool.
  • A big minigame like Chess Kombat, or a bunch of small ones like Test Your Might, Sight, etc.
  • Price drop-off for DLC characters -- basically, previous Kombat Packs are cheaper than the newest ones.
  • Of course new characters beyond the ones we know off.
  • Next-gen version of the game (PS5/XSX) with visual enhancements and cross-progression with the current gen version.
  • All of this doesn't need to be added at once, of course. I personally would be fine with 3 seasons or so before NRS' next game.

• Chess Kombat would be great.
  • As for movelist changes, i'd love to see Raiden's lightning strings (with holding buttons) make a comeback in a 4th variation. Those were fun to use and fit his character well.
  • New characters, yes, but only MK ones. No more guest characters.
  • Give us an option for classic music (like in MK9), as MK11's music is very poor.
  • Give us all classic skins for all MK characters. By classic I mean from every game up until MKD. If there is room in the game for 60+ skins per character, the first 10 should be all the classic ones.
  • Expand character specific tutorials.
  • Increase number of custom variations to 10.

Last edited:

portent

Noob
As someone who likes the single player content, I would love to see a "Kombat League" Tower. Use AI ghosts of top players, no modifiers, no AI usable in this tower, and the rewards can be older KL skins, gear, Time Krystals, etc.