What's new

What would make scorpion top tier? Not a suggestion for buffs...

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Would you guys have a cooldown for a Spear? If he recovers any faster, he's going to have two spears on screen at the same time.
Actually that's not going to happen with a 45 frame duration of the Spear. You can't possibly have two spears on the screen at a time with lag that long.

Slips D4 doesnt give him frame adv on hit?

I think he need two thing to make him toptier
#1 tele cant be punished before second hit
#2 1 hits mid

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
wake up

only a new mk will make scorpion a top tier,he just can not be!!!he is a tier that sucks without super meter and even his enhanced special moves are punishable,just mind that ex teleport against all tiers can be stopped with a simple down 1.his ex spear is good,but it is punishable,and the normal spear is so slow that can be punished even with a fatality.................for all those he will never be a top tier!!!!!

Scorpion's just the equivalent of Russian Roulette; when there isn't a bullet in the chamber he's a blast. When there is...well you're killing yourself. :)

But yes, something needs to be done on a whiffed spear...it's ridiculous lol

"Alright, let's give F4~spear a go...AW FUCKKKKKKK!"
a whiffed spear is really ridiculous, but with expereience there are situations where it can be pretty safe to go for a random spear and still get unpunished for it

Flagg

Noob
The problem with these kind of threads I find, is if you applied things like frame traps to Scorpion, then you could say "well if you gave CSZ or Sindel frame traps", they would be much better. This then makes someone like Cage redundant because frametraps is his game.

Im not bashing the OP by any means, but each character has strengths and advantages over the rest of the cast which you have to play to. I think giving some characters buffs in areas they've never had before is one way to break a character.

For instance, imagine if you gave Ermac, Smoke, Cyrax, CSZ or just about anyone a vortex like Scorpion...they would be so broke!

I do however think the spear cancel is a nice idea. I'd be up for everyone having a cancel/fake move. Mind games is always a welcome addition to someones arsenal.

only a new mk will make scorpion a top tier,he just can not be!!!he is a tier that sucks without super meter and even his enhanced special moves are punishable,just mind that ex teleport against all tiers can be stopped with a simple down 1.his ex spear is good,but it is punishable,and the normal spear is so slow that can be punished even with a fatality.................for all those he will never be a top tier!!!!!
so youre going to wait all day and not commit to anything, waiting for an ex teleport? u still havent met my friend hellfire yet

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Like slips said 1 hitting mid would be huge. Also if EX spear hit people at point blank range more consistently instead of completely whiffing. It would also be nice if you couldn't go under it at all without blocking. Recovery can stay the same imo if he got those buffs.

He would be pretty top tier if that happened lol

Pagan

Noob
Make his ground teleport about 20 frames startup and you have yourself god tier. You could use meter to get a +10 frame trap any time you wanted

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Insant air spears, 4 frame standing normals, frametraps of +10 with no meter, safe/advantage everything.

That right there would make Scorpion top tier.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'd like to see his 334 being hit confirmable into either spear or teleport after the 4 has landed, that'd be cool.

stamatis

so what?you just found the solution for scorpion with the hell fire?if you do the hellfire,once,twice,then what?is scorpion top tier?i told you before,all his moves are punishable,so forget it,nothing will take him to the first place of the tier list,that is why his amazing resets are not enough,that is why his hellfire sucks,and that is why you are wrong,you may like this tier,i am with you if you believe in him,but the truth is the previous reply i did!!!!

1) make a blocked jump punch into f4 guaranteed even if you block low before f4 hits you.

oh wait, he already has this.

2) same thing with b2 if i press up+block before it hits me.

darn, he has this too.

3) Fix the blocking before we can start talking about what a character needs/doesn't

core mechanics of developing a video game > buffs for scorpion

so what?you just found the solution for scorpion with the hell fire?if you do the hellfire,once,twice,then what?is scorpion top tier?i told you before,all his moves are punishable,so forget it,nothing will take him to the first place of the tier list,that is why his amazing resets are not enough,that is why his hellfire sucks,and that is why you are wrong,you may like this tier,i am with you if you believe in him,but the truth is the previous reply i did!!!!
no, hellfire does not suck, scoprion will make you guess, no matter what your position is on the screen. I can spam the hellfire on you more than two or three times if you think you will win by poking my teleport. avoid the hellfire im going to anti air spear you. you want to play the waiting game, scoprion does that well, I''l jump back and whiff jumpthrows to build meter. all his moves are punishable, ill spam the takedowns on u my friend, try to punish that, his vortex is not enough, guess wron a few times and the game is over. tell me what ur character is and whats so great about ur character? seriousely, no offense but youre severely underestimating scorpion. he doesnt need to be top tier to win

1) make a blocked jump punch into f4 guaranteed even if you block low before f4 hits you.

darn, he has this too.

3) Fix the blocking before we can start talking about what a character needs/doesn't

I know but thats just how the game is, cyrax cant be fixed without making the character from scratch, blocking is weird, input bug cant(or they dont want to) be fixed.

offtopic: Like your pic man, im a huge fan of final fantasy, cant wait for 13-2. but I dont like the multiple endings Ive heard of, I want ONE good ending

ELC

Scrublord McGee

darn, he has this too.

Alright: how exactly does this work out? I've had B2 and F4 blocked after a ji.P lots of times. Does it have to be deep ji.P to get this to work?

Not that I don't agree with ya that blocking needs to be fixed (seriously: I've been D2d out of a fuzzy guard), but I just don't believe this actually exists when prior experience tells me it doesn't.

stamatis

that is right,i mean no offense too,and he do not have to be a top tier to win,my tier is shang tsung and johnny,but it means nothing,this is not between me and you and who is better,we are talking about facts,you maybe good,but i am speaking about scorpion,not about your scorpion !!!!!thanks

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
making his d4 in line with everyone else's when it comes to advantage on hit.... and making b2 have pushback on block would move him up. It basically would make his vortex safe(r) than it already is. (I love ending sentences in prepositions).

He is jack of all trades really, which is why I like using him from time to time. I still think he is right behind Rain/Smoke in the Ninja category.

Oh, have his X-ray do 34% naked and scale better in combos. Seriously... the weak ass X-rays have got to go.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
hellfire grants full combo
This would make him bannable imo. Imagine the following combo: Spear, Teleport, Demon Fire, ad mortem (i.e. til someone dies) ... unless you're talking about the EN version. Then hey: it costs meter.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.

darn, he has this too.

Your saying he has unblockables? *confused*

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

darn, he has this too.

What??
If Scorpion had that he would have infinite combos
All he would have to do is land one spear, f21 teleport, than go for a jump in punch into a guaranteed f4 spear. And repeat.
I don't understand what you are trying to say...

What??
If Scorpion had that he would have infinite combos
All he would have to do is land one spear, f21 teleport, than go for a jump in punch into a guaranteed f4 spear. And repeat.
I don't understand what you are trying to say...
maybe hes trying to say its not fuzzy guardable? thats what I thought.