What's new

What would make scorpion top tier? Not a suggestion for buffs...

maybe hes trying to say its not fuzzy guardable? thats what I thought.
Apparently he thinks an exploit in the game needs to be more exploitable. In other words, the flaw (fuzzy gaurding) needs to be more flawed. If you "fixed" this particular mechanic fuzzy guarding wouldnt exist.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Apparently he thinks an exploit in the game needs to be more exploitable. In other words, the flaw (fuzzy gaurding) needs to be more flawed. If you "fixed" this particular mechanic fuzzy guarding wouldnt exist.
I think what he means is when you do a d4 spear and they are stand blocking, but they hit down at the last second it shows them stand blocking even tho Scorp clearly hit him low.

That doesn't mean game said they guessed wrong and still got the block, it just means they guessed right at the last second. Big deal if the block animation isn't right. Be happy you got a little extra meter for the blocked spear. =P

I seriously have no idea what he's talking about if its something else.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Third Theory: I think Check's talking about not being able to react to a 16+frame move instantly, like how you're supposed to be able to react to 8f moves in games like MvC3.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I seriously have no idea what he's talking about if its something else.
He was saying that if you were stand blocking when the jump punch connected, then crouch blocking afterwards wouldn't actually block the F4, and vice versa - which is something Teef has told me about before, and he even listed in his insane balance thread.

Except any Scorpion players know from agonizing experience, that the player can in fact duck or stand block at the last second, and get the duck block animation when B2 hits, or the stand block animation when F4 hits...and that there's no issue here at all.

LOl this thread changed to the guess what check meant thread. But I dont think there are any problems with the opponent having to deal with unblockables in that situation at all. And especially not with scorpion. I think the block system is a nice concept in this game with a few flaws. But I like how there is no instant blocking and because of that, this game is a lot more revolved around mindgames and anticipation