What's new

Question What type of buffs catwoman need to become better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
It is different because it's online. Sports game is different because you have to goto tournaments. With online you really don't because how it is set up you have leaderboards true skill ranks and etc. which don't mean anything but you get The point. If this was only a offline game then yes. I have to show my skills. Online showing my skills to people. They talk he talk and etc.
Helios. It..doesn't..matter. If there was also a community that placed on dial-up modems underwater with their feet, it wouldn't matter how good they were at playing under those conditions. That's not the true game. There is tournament and tournament only. Offline casuals don't matter either, so it's not just offline vs online. If you think that anything outside of tournament MATTERS, I'll find Gross's phone number for you and you guys can go have a barbecue or something and talk about how all those tournament players aren't all that great.

@AK Pig Of The Hut , some back up please?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
@KH StarCharger

What do you think of the idea of a MB whip that hits twice. Once more quickly after the first one, hitting mid, giving her a halfscreen zoning tool that breaks armor.

Last edited:

Rodrigue

Spongerod
@KH StarCharger

What do you think of the idea of a MB whip that hit's twice. Once more quickly after the first one, hitting mid, giving her a halfscreen zoning tool that breaks armor.
How about a MB whip that stuns? Or puts the opponent on debuff?
I still need to watch your latest vid. It's not working on my phone for some reason :(

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Is there seriously STILL a debate about who the "best" Catwoman is?

1) it's pointless, who cares
2) there is no debate. 1 catwoman goes to tourney and gets top 8s, the rest dropped her, or play online only where cat dash is unpunishable. I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just how it is.
3) this sort of argument will hurt your character community more than help it.

As for buffs she needs, I don't play Catwoman, but from the perspective of her opponent, I can tell you that once I knock her down, I laugh. So 1 fully invincible wakeup (probably catdash, unsafe, but invincible) would be number 1 on my list. Just my 2 cents as an opponent of Catwoman. Take it for what it's worth.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
If you guys really want to know what would make her better, just don't make "Whip Trip" so terrible, and she will be okay... The character is solid as hell, she just has trouble in some match-ups, more specifically those who keep her out properly.

My question is, why is her longest ranged move so slow and punishable from far away? The balance is fixing one of those issues. Either make it fast enough to react to certain moves/projectiles, or make it negative, but not punishable, so that she can check some characters like Aquaman after from the deep, or Lex so that he doesn't punish 100% of what she does if he has armor.

Those are my 2 cents. Regardless of what happens, I doubt I will ever use her again. Mainly because I simply like Martian better as a character. I sort of fooled myself into thinking my style of character was rushdown, when in reality I do best with set-up characters like Cyrax.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Catwoman does not need any wacky buffs like improved Cat Dash, Evade or whip. She has two key problems. All her hard match ups are related to these problems. One is that she lacks a fully invincible wakeup attack besides trait. The other is characters that out footsie her, the characters that can walk back fast and have good anti air. Aside from the wakeup attack problem she is very complete.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If you guys really want to know what would make her better, just don't make "Whip Trip" so terrible, and she will be okay... The character is solid as hell, she just has trouble in some match-ups, more specifically those who keep her out properly.

My question is, why is her longest ranged move so slow and punishable from far away? The balance is fixing one of those issues. Either make it fast enough to react to certain moves/projectiles, or make it negative, but not punishable, so that she can check some characters like Aquaman after from the deep, or Lex so that he doesn't punish 100% of what she does if he has armor.

Indeed, you get it.

Most of the melee characters in this game have a great tool for checking an opponent who's just holding back. She does not. She also has slow walk speed and most of the characters that out footsie her have good walk back speeds. So she cannot walk in. She must get to the range of their key footsies tool and then guess on a jump, b+3, low whip or dash. All are risky. This is the reason she loses to Green Lantern, Aquaman or Sinestro. It's all the same thing.

Faster walk speed (front and back), a better longer backdash, and after a successful trait hit (combo or raw) - trait is reset to 1 claw instead of 0 (but only if trait is at 2+ claws).

Makes her a better rushdown character with improved footsies while still maintaining her weakness (AM trait and wakeup) but only to an extent.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Indeed, you get it.

Most of the melee characters in this game have a great tool for checking an opponent who's just holding back. She does not. She also has slow walk speed and most of the characters that out footsie her have good walk back speeds. So she cannot walk in. She must get to the range of their key footsies tool and then guess on a jump, b+3, low whip or dash. All are risky. This is the reason she loses to Green Lantern, Aquaman or Sinestro. It's all the same thing.
It is perplexing why a character whose focus is rushdown has such slow movement.

BartenderJeeves

Almost a bartender, but not exactly a bartender.

Those are my 2 cents. Regardless of what happens, I doubt I will ever use her again. Mainly because I simply like Martian better as a character. I sort of fooled myself into thinking my style of character was rushdown, when in reality I do best with set-up characters like Cyrax.
I really like how you help the Catwoman community by replying to her threads, even though you dropped her. Kudos man. :D

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
No, I want to play you. :p I play Yoaks all the time.

I'm intrigued that you're saying him playing your Catwoman would make him not want her buffed at all. :O I want to see why.
Your confused man , I play adam and flash , the beast catwoman that would change your opinion on her is Ra Helios , I don't wanna just throw his xbl out to people so you can just ask him to play :)

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Helios. It..doesn't..matter. If there was also a community that placed on dial-up modems underwater with their feet, it wouldn't matter how good they were at playing under those conditions. That's not the true game. There is tournament and tournament only. Offline casuals don't matter either, so it's not just offline vs online. If you think that anything outside of tournament MATTERS, I'll find Gross's phone number for you and you guys can go have a barbecue or something and talk about how all those tournament players aren't all that great.

@AK Pig Of The Hut , some back up please?
He is the best offline bro.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Yeah xD id rather have a tele than grapple hook
I feel like if they let you do a horizontal grapple in the air (Think spencer) and MB to cancel it, it might have worked out, but as it is now, is there a use for his grapple other than armoring through a hit to escape?

EDIT:

Also I agree, give CW at least one fully invincible wakeup (TBH all characters should probably have at least one. Those that don't tend to get wrecked on knockdown when the opponent knows how to stuff partially invincible wakeups.).

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Your confused man , I play adam and flash , the beast catwoman that would change your opinion on her is Ra Helios , I don't wanna just throw his xbl out to people so you can just ask him to play :)
I did ask him if he wants to play. I'd really like to play him.

Would you be interested, @Ra Helios?

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I feel like if they let you do a horizontal grapple in the air (Think spencer) and MB to cancel it, it might have worked out, but as it is now, is there a use for his grapple other than armoring through a hit to escape?
If you do it in the corner you can get a vortex from it/ Can use it to get background bounce from j2 if it connects but most of the time people just hit me out of it. But sometimes you can use it also to get to interactables.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Is there seriously STILL a debate about who the "best" Catwoman is?

1) it's pointless, who cares
2) there is no debate. 1 catwoman goes to tourney and gets top 8s, the rest dropped her, or play online only where cat dash is unpunishable. I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just how it is.
3) this sort of argument will hurt your character community more than help it.
Mr. Sauce, I'm don't hang around other forums. Maybe you or someone else could enlighten me. Are their any other forums for characters, that have clear representatives with multiple top place finishes, where the online players run their mouth about how it's BS that those players are considered the best? Because I just see it here and it's astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.