What's new

Question What type of buffs catwoman need to become better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Can we talk about Catwoman's hurtbox? That shit is like Catwoman's way of ending your combo for free...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Am I the only one that doesn't see why the char is bad T_T
My training partner hates me for saying that she is even remotely good but he says Arrow is good and even told me that he might beat Supes.

So I'll say this, she is good in many match ups but she has a few terrible match ups.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
I think the best way to buff her is to buff her trait.
It should have much faster startup...6 frames. This would fix her parry issues with evade and also give her a move with reach and fast startup that she is missing right now. This is a big issue for her. She cannot even punish batgirls overhead cartwheel bc she has no reach.
Also at level 5 scratch. the move should have armor on start up.

E

Eldriken

I'm pretty sure he'll play you I don't see why not lol
No, I want to play you. :p I play Yoaks all the time.

I'm intrigued that you're saying him playing your Catwoman would make him not want her buffed at all. :O I want to see why.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
The character isn't bad Goomba. It's just downplayers...Downplayers everywhere.
And just FYI Helios, B3 connects after a B2.
Are you talking about on block or by hit. If you are talking about hit I know.

The b2 then doing a b3 is hard and he will not get itconsistently

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
No, I want to play you. :p I play Yoaks all the time.

I'm intrigued that you're saying him playing your Catwoman would make him not want her buffed at all. :O I want to see why.
He is talking about my catwoman. He don't use catwoman.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Lol guys stop being greedy. Her mbCD is not insta-mb by design. If you had insta-mb all our dash whiff combos would be nearly impossible to do. And we would lose the homing properties of it as well like when your opponent tries to nj wake up trait and you mb CD and it hits from behind. You guys just wanna be able to blow through projectiles like kabal. Use spacing.
Decent buffs would be whip leave high but make faster start up so we can actually zone somewhat and make either claws or dash full inv. wakeup
When it comes to the MB cat dash thing I would see it as cat dash has it's active frames in which you would be able to MB at any time, even now we can play a bit with when we want to MB the cat dash. I'd just like that option after frame 1 of her activation if that makes sense. I don't think it would make our dash whiff combos impossible to do, I think it would just make us more accountable for how we use MB, not just mash it. It might open up a whole new world of combos which might break her, so yes I'm probably being a bit greedy, so let me make my final suggestion (and I haven't read the whole thread so if someone suggested this already I'm sorry) but let's make it that when CD is MBed it stuffs wake ups, or the armour is active at least. I don't think that is asking too much. I mean theoretically we are supposed to get two hits of armour anyways, it would improve her OKi game (which doesn't need help I know) but I'm spending meter and all the opponent needs to do is block low and we are at what... -9? It drives me nuts when I 1f2 dash up mb cat dash just to get stuffed by EVERY WAKE UP IN THE GAME. Where does the armour go? Just runs away? I'm sure it has something to do with invincibility frames, but I guess that would be my honest and I think "fair" buff, walk speed, active armour on wakeups... Maybe less frames on f1 so we can play footsies?

I don't think she's top 10 but she can clearly win at the highest level. And 16 Bit is without a doubt the best Catwoman in the world offline.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Are you talking about on block or by hit. If you are talking about hit I know.

The b2 then doing a b3 is hard and he will not get itconsistently
Why would you want a B3 to connect after a B2 on block? B2 is 0 on block with 23 recovery frames whereas her B3 is -3 on block with 34 recovery frames! However if you insist on connecting a B3 on block, you can bounce cancel. But then again, wasting 2 bars of meter on a blocking opponent isn't very smart. She's not Batgirl you know, her meter needs to be managed carefully.
And connecting the B3 after a B2 is not that hard once you get the timing down. Not online material though, but honestly nobody cares about online competitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.