What's new

What player is the Ultimate Hype Killer?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I only picked Kabal to cover match ups but I can't get specific experience in match ups to take him to the next level. AKA not having a scene that I can play with whenever I choose to hurts when learning a new character. And on top of that my main practice partners for online don't play much anymore so I am assed out.
i'd play u online, lol, but it'd probably be the other way around, i'd probably end up learning more from you. (but then again maybe not....cuz online)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
The fact that some people even see specific players as hype-killers is just disrespectful in the sense that it undermines how hard they work to hold their own in all of these tournaments. While I won't dare say that REO is "invincible," he and all the other tournament legends are immense inspiration to me, and it would remain as such whether or not they played the same character or different ones. Any match can give me hype as long as it is good, and they usually are.

To me, what CAN kill the hype is all these stupid-ass fools in the stream chat hating on the game we support so much (shout-outs to those haters in the NEC Spooky channel). Two years - well, almost - and still going strong. ;)
I agree. Which is why in my post I pointed out that certain characters kill it for me...not the player.

MagnetoHalfway

Dojo Trainee
Yall know I seldom post but I visit this site as well as others quite often as I love all fighting games and the FGC in general. Now with that said, my two cents on this topic.

I dont really think any particular player kills hype, not even their play styles, but I do think some people can get tired of seeing the same people and same characters in top 4-8, me personally I dont.

And as for REO's demeanor being a hype killer, I dont think its a hype killer, it may not "bring hype" but it certainly doesnt kill it. I mean when people win and pop off that shit does hype things up so I get that personalities can add hype factor.

However, my all time favorite player to watch in any game is Daigo, his demeanor is like REO's, you cant even tell if the guy won or lost by looking at him lol but every time he plays shit is off the Hook and people break their necks to watch him.

McNasty

Moist.
I used to really hate seeing kevodaman play he played every match up the exact same no real footsies or mind games just NIKE kabal just do it. Good on him though for his string of wins and making it apparent the community needed to learn how to deal with the character better.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Anytime fights are within regions...VSM vs VSM, GGA vs GGA etc.
You didn't think 16Bit vs. Han at SB:A was hype? Or riu48 vs REO? Really, riu48 vs. anyone.

I don't know what to say..

I didn't even bring up what happens when Tyrant fights Pboard.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
BACK ON TOPIC

Biggest hype killers for me are when a stream goes down or tourney pools get moved from 11pm that night to 11am the next morning

Other than that I respect everyone's character and hard work

Most hype are the unknowns or under dogs blowing up top players
you have no shame, don't you? ;).

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hype Killers: Kenshi. Sorry pig but seeing people getting shoulder charged all day kills hype lol

Mid-Low Tier characters doing work is hype. MIT vs Detroit was crazy
Understood

I use to feel this way against kabal but then i grew up :p

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I think we need to start having bonus's for people that make top8 with the bottom half of the roster, like Brady woulda got a little bonus for doing what he did with Sub,

doesn't count if you use a Top Tier like Fox did with Sonya though ;)

that might make it fun :)

Honestly though, I don't think anything is a hype killer, I love watchin Reo's Kabal, maybe ya'll just watch too many streams!! lol

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
The fact that some people even see specific players as hype-killers is just disrespectful in the sense that it undermines how hard they work to hold their own in all of these tournaments. While I won't dare say that REO is "invincible," he and all the other tournament legends are immense inspiration to me, and it would remain as such whether or not they played the same character or different ones. Any match can give me hype as long as it is good, and they usually are.

To me, what CAN kill the hype is all these stupid-ass fools in the stream chat hating on the game we support so much (shout-outs to those haters in the NEC Spooky channel). Two years - well, almost - and still going strong. ;)
The best part about the hate in the spooky chat is when someone said "Nobody watches MK" and Spooky corrected them by telling the whole stream that Tom Brady VS PerfectLegend in PowerUp grand finals is the most watched video on his youtube channel.

CD jr

Warrior
Honestly... the only Kabal that I find entertaining is REO . CD jr 's Kung Lao and Jax are hype to watch... especially his Rain but when him and Perfect Legend pick Kabal to use... ugh. PL's Kung Lao is art to watch.

Makes me wonder... if REO was using a character like Sektor and winning all of these tournaments... would CD Jr and PL be using Sektor as well?
no cause sektor is not broken and has bad match ups. i dont pick kabal cause reo is winning with him that is a silly question.