What's new

What player is the Ultimate Hype Killer?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
BACK ON TOPIC

Biggest hype killers for me are when a stream goes down or tourney pools get moved from 11pm that night to 11am the next morning

Other than that I respect everyone's character and hard work

Most hype are the unknowns or under dogs blowing up top players

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
It's just glortor

He's so obnoxious w his post over an over and over

This is a guy who told the stream kenshi jade is 5-5 because of two things

1. Boomerangs animation goes through tele flurry (smh)
2. And although he's never played the MU or players of skill level to determine it he has made his MU list by strictly being a KEEN genius at observing

That would kick ass for me to log on SRK and post my MU chart with the title "Dan is #1 in game although I don't play and have never played these MUs but I'm a keen observer"

This guy is just nuts and sends me ridiculous Skype messages
I understand. You and Glortor don't get along. CLEARLY. But I don't like to see you be so abrasive...it crushes my gay boy crush on you for being sweet and charismatic. I also love how real you are...but there is a fine line with being "real" and flat out "rude". Don't bring Jade into this...you know you love her. I don't mean to be all PR manager on you...but it's just not classy seeing you having an E-fight with Glortor. Still love you ;)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I understand. You and Glortor don't get along. CLEARLY. But I don't like to see you be so abrasive...it crushes my gay boy crush on you for being sweet and charismatic. I also love how real you are...but there is a fine line with being "real" and flat out "rude". Don't bring Jade into this...you know you love her. I don't mean to be all PR manager on you...but it's just not classy seeing you having an E-fight with Glortor. Still love you ;)
<3

You're one of my favorite people - I like how u address things

Thanks

RunwayMafia

NeoRussel's Jade held her own against Kabal at NEC beautifully. It was like sploosh!
Ha! Sploosh! I love it. Btw, are you going to SCR? If not, please come! I'm gonna need someone to hang out with...the only cali guys I know are from North Cali....please come! Then after the tourney we can go clubbing in your Jade costume!!

Goldi

Warrior
Ha! Sploosh! I love it. Btw, are you going to SCR? If not, please come! I'm gonna need someone to hang out with...the only cali guys I know are from North Cali....please come! Then after the tourney we can go clubbing in your Jade costume!!
I'll do my best! I've had a family emergency and my time and finances are a bit stretched right now. The whole story is in the "request for thank you" thread, but it has a happy ending :)

RunwayMafia

I'll do my best! I've had a family emergency and my time and finances are a bit stretched right now. The whole story is in the "request for thank you" thread, but it has a happy ending :)
Yeah...I read it...and I commented in your post, lol. I hope all is well for Leon. But yeah, it's Jan 18-20. Besides....me and KamikazeJD owe you 40 dollars worth of drinks (fucking Ceasers Palace....20 bucks for a double tall Vodka Cran....gtfo).

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
The fact that some people even see specific players as hype-killers is just disrespectful in the sense that it undermines how hard they work to hold their own in all of these tournaments. While I won't dare say that REO is "invincible," he and all the other tournament legends are immense inspiration to me, and it would remain as such whether or not they played the same character or different ones. Any match can give me hype as long as it is good, and they usually are.

To me, what CAN kill the hype is all these stupid-ass fools in the stream chat hating on the game we support so much (shout-outs to those haters in the NEC Spooky channel). Two years - well, almost - and still going strong. ;)

Justice

Kombatant
GamerBlake90 for trying to kill the hype of the "Players who Kill the Hype" thread :p

Seriously, I don't htink anyone actually "kills" hype. As we've seen in this thread, it's more about matchups that people find boring than the players.

That and the fact that REO loses less than WCW Goldberg... :REO