What's new

What player is the Ultimate Hype Killer?

REO

Undead
I was speaking to some players earlier where this topic was brought up, and it seemed pretty interesting.

Who do you think is the ultimate hype killer? It can be anyone that causes any of the following below:

- You never look forward to seeing a match with them at tournaments
- They make the crowd fall asleep
- They cause viewers on stream to drop
- Grand finals with the player in it is depressing
Etc.

DJ L Toro

Warrior
Honestly REO vs Maxter is pretty boring. I have no idea why because against everyone else both of you have really exiting games, but against each other it's not really fun to watch. maybe it's because it gets so technical or something... who knows. in general i dont think anyone kills hype.
i think Pig Of The Hut's playstyle is really boring (but effective), but he more than makes up for it with his personality (like when he yelled to CD jr "you got any more advice?" at Dallas and his headphones were still plugged in so he almost brought the whole stream crashing down, lol).
same is true of @Wound_Cowboy's playstyle, imo, but he's also a really cool guy. i think he's too nice for hype though.
but the real hype killer? DJ L Toro, that idiot sucks ass. why does he even play this game?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Any player who has been in grand finals at a major in the last 6 months? The last MK9 grand finals I can think of that really blew me away was CDjr/DetroitBallin at the MLG arena when Detroit whipped out Ermac, and that was a long damn time ago. I was yelling at the top of my lungs during that set.

MK has this terrible syndrome where all of the hype as fuck moments happen before grand finals. As soon as it's down to the last 2, it's ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Nobody cares about Kabal vs. KL/Cyrax/other top 5 asshole character because everyone has seen that a billion times.

Basically, in terms of being a spectator game, competitive MK9 is a premature ejaculator.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Any player who has been in grand finals at a major in the last 6 months? The last MK9 grand finals I can think of that really blew me away was CDjr/DetroitBallin at the MLG arena when Detroit whipped out Ermac, and that was a long damn time ago. I was yelling at the top of my lungs during that set.

MK has this terrible syndrome where all of the hype as fuck moments happen before grand finals. As soon as it's down to the last 2, it's ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Nobody cares about Kabal vs. KL/Cyrax/other top 5 asshole character because everyone has seen that a billion times.

Basically, in terms of being a spectator game, competitive MK9 is a premature ejaculator.

Exactly, the hypest matches are when the low tier heroes are Hilding their own vs top tiers! That's why bradys matches are so hype.

Flagg

Warrior
For awhile, people were utterly sick of seeing REO vs Jr in the finals all the time.

Pigs Kenshi is dull as dishwater, but it's effective. M2Dave is really boring to watch as well, where as Scar is entertaining.

MIT, Dizzy, Tyrant and PL are the very opposite of boring thankfully.

EDIT: REO, are you having some sort of MK identity crisis?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Mortal Kombat is the ultimate hype killer. I totally don't want to see Kabal, Kenshi, Lao mirror matches or those fighting each other. Broken shit is broken.

When all I see is d1's and d3's for 90 percent of the match,I tend to get bored.But overall I'll rather see mid to low tier characters used effectively than top tier abusing the same thing over and over again.Don't get me wrong it looks cool as hell,But it seems like every round is the same as the previous round when top tier go head to head with another top tier.I don't have a name for this.

Tolkeen

/wrists
REO is the most hype killing player in grand finals (for me) because of 2 reasons :
1) He's so good, you really do just expect him to win. No matter the opponent.
2) He's never very animated, win or lose. He always comes out of the match with a face as excited as someone who's riding the bus home from work.

Anyone saying Pig Of The Hut, is apparently forgetting how emotional he gets when he wins big matches. I love watching people show genuine emotion when they finish a match.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I think REOs Kabal. Throw us off and bust out a mid/low tier one time and watch the crowd explode. I nominate rain

Ariel MK

Noob
Reo.

Here Dominican Republic are doing everything possible to assist the tournament in St. Marteen, we feel good because you're going to be there, I think it's a good opportunity for us to play LOL Mk general, as we have seen playing MK all, Here RD around 5 players are doing their best to be in that tournament in St. Marteen, want to play with you, MK2, UMK3, MKT, MK4, MK9 ..... If we go will ineteresante ;) , greetings.

FCP/EMP SCAR

Warrior
REO has proved his point with kabal that he is the best with that character, do me a favor REO hang the character up and get devoted towards another character n shine with them in tournament, no not Kung Lao, Sonya, Kenshi, Jax, Cyrax, or any other over used top tier char, i would like to see u use rain, skarlet, freddy, a character we rarely see pushing into the spotlight at tournaments top 8 spots, you do this and grand finals wont be so dull, its more so the same ppl winning these tournaments with the same char thats boring to me. Time 4 lower tier levels to shine.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Honestly, there really isn't much of a hype killer for this game. Cuz you know damn well everyone is excited for matches regardless.

Glass Sword

Nobody
REO
If you are looking for people to tell you are boring to watch I'll tell you. Your boring, but it is not because of your play style or your character it is because you never appear excited yourself. Besides everyone is going to watch all your matches anyway just to see if you will lose real talk. You are the man to beat right now and any game that is reasonably close where your playing is instantly hype.
Also Grand finals with REO vs Maxter or CD Jr. is pretty boring just because you guys almost always win enough to meet each other in tournament.

Defenestrator

I do windows
Is REO having a crisis? Does he really hate Kabal and by extension himself for using Kabal? He uses Kabal in UMK3. But not in Armageddon. Is he just going through the motions playing the best characters ? Does he secretly play Jade and Kano in a fetal position, sobbing? Only the Shadow knows...

Or is he just having fun stirring the obsessive stew that is TYM?
"Twist a pig's ear and watch him squeal!" - Crime boss Leo in "Miller's Crossing"

Maybe someone should do a poll