What's new

Discussion What needs to be Changed to Make MKXL the Best it Can Be (Or As Fun As it Can Be).

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Cage's nutpunch should be a low
nah, he is pretty strong as is, and well, it restands and forces a50/50 guess, i don't think it should have all that and be a low, i think there is a reason for it not being a low in the first place

1 - The screen messes up when Ermac levitates and you knock him out of the air.
2 - Jacqui's BF1 whiffs in a LOT of situations, but Alien's pounce is unavoidable?
3 - Whiffed jump attacks in general including NJPS should have a few more recovery frames on landing
4 - Backdashes REALLY should recover faster
5 - Some moves that are clearly overhead, hit mid.
6 - CYBER SUB ZERO'S ICE BALL START UP FRAMES NEED TO BE REDUCED TO HOW IT WAS!
7 - Hurtboxes are RIDICULOUS! Getting hit behind your back is friggin stupid.
8 - Tremor needs actual priorities.
9 - Raiden's B2 recovery frames take WAAAY too long.
10 - D'Vorah and Gaylist Johnny...
11 - Bo Rai Cho needs a projectile that you don't need to burn meter for.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think something that could have a drastic effect on the game experience and something very simple would be to simply have larger levels, maybe twice the size, or more even. The corner game is real and it is part of MK, but by simply opening up the levels to be larger I believe would have a knock on effect that could greatly change how entire match ups work, improve zoning and a host of other things. If I was NRS I would make a beta level thatr is like 2 and a 1/2 times the width and get pros to play on it and just see what happens. I once worked on one of the CoD games we had all these people complaining that the AI was stupid, what we ended up doing was simply increasing the hit points of the AI... this small change made all the testers suddenly think we had changed the Ai, when it was in fact exactly the same. My point is that often there are these tiny tweaks that can drastically affect the game play experience and I suspect that larger stanges could be one of those kind of tweaks that would really chnage the "feel" of the game.. in a good way for many players.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
"Hatarang Launches"

Not to be a dick or anything but to what extent the OP actually knows the game to say his change log is actually accurate? Hatarang and HCB are two different issues, cannot be changed the same way, and i think the OP just merged HCB inside Hatarang, so i will just take this thread as a lol.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Give ninjutsu Scorpion some sword specials. Having only 3 specials moves kinda makes it boring from time to time

Buff the less viable and less used variations such as Unbreakable Sub-Zero, Ancestral Kung Jin, Brood Mother D'vorah, Aftershock/Metallic Tremor (everybody jumping to Crystalline now after the universal nerfs) and so on...

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
make tremors uprock good again....

oh, and for the whole team responsible for "normalizing" the cast to get a clue....that'd be the best of all.

make tremors uprock good again....

oh, and for the whole team responsible for "normalizing" the cast to get a clue....that'd be the best of all.
Either that, or the more "omg up rock is too op" secure variant - give him back his old mid2 or make b1 12 frames. While we are at it - change the scaling for the OTG. 7-8% should be minimum for one bar. Only one of these 3 Buffs would be enough to make Aftershock and Metallic solid again.

Last edited:

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
nah, he is pretty strong as is, and well, it restands and forces a50/50 guess, i don't think it should have all that and be a low, i think there is a reason for it not being a low in the first place
He's trash, he needs it. Honestly it should be safe too.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
When you say "to make mkxl the best it can be" is that like a white knight shield you apply to hide the fact that you're basically saying "here's the balance changes that I want in this game."? Not meaning to be a dick, but it comes across as that.
because that's exactly what is it.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
He's trash, he needs it. Honestly it should be safe too.
wait are you talking about Johnny Fisty or Alist?

because Stunt double and alist are very strong top 10 contenders, but i can understand the whole Fistycuffs buff requests.

What needs to be changed? How about the number of Arenas I say add a third row of 7 stages

Klassic Stages
Deadpool
Hell
Living Forrest
Goro's Lair (he is in the game)

NEW Stages
NEW
NEW
NEW

Add Secret fights against Baraka, Sindel & Rain

Have everybody have at least 7 Brutalities and once they are preformed they show up in the move list and Kollection

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Give every character some type of s+ tier dirt and let it run rampant for some hype level play. Screw "balance".

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I think something that could have a drastic effect on the game experience and something very simple would be to simply have larger levels, maybe twice the size, or more even. The corner game is real and it is part of MK, but by simply opening up the levels to be larger I believe would have a knock on effect that could greatly change how entire match ups work, improve zoning and a host of other things. If I was NRS I would make a beta level thatr is like 2 and a 1/2 times the width and get pros to play on it and just see what happens. I once worked on one of the CoD games we had all these people complaining that the AI was stupid, what we ended up doing was simply increasing the hit points of the AI... this small change made all the testers suddenly think we had changed the Ai, when it was in fact exactly the same. My point is that often there are these tiny tweaks that can drastically affect the game play experience and I suspect that larger stanges could be one of those kind of tweaks that would really chnage the "feel" of the game.. in a good way for many players.
Bring back Rooftop Day.

It took them 11 months to fart out one additional arena which was a copypaste of arena from MK9 and you expect them to release additional stages and twice as longer? Maybe in MKXXL for another 20$.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Kenshi
Able to cancel into special moves right after reflecting projectiles.
(Kenjutsu): Decreased recovery of DB1 by 1-2 frames. B2 Should crush low pokes just as much as Raiden's F4 does.
(Possessed): Able to use DB2 in the air.

Johnny Cage
(Fisticuffs): Ability to cancel into special moves after BF1 (Fist Bump). While DD1 is active, Johnny recovers health equal to the chip damage he deals.
No buffs for Balanced? xD

Fisticuffs needs much more. Speedbag should get his 9 frame startup back, and to be -2 on block at every hit, or -3 in odd hits and -1 in even hits.
BF1 should work very similar to Liu Flame Fist buff, so Johnny could combo after 113 BF1, at least from the ex BF1 (which now does not exist xD). Fisticuffs is the only variation that doesn't get shit from 113 string. He either has to commit to nutpunch after, or waste a bar in exforceball, which puts him out of range of all his fast normals, besides f3, which leads to nothing in this variation.
Also BF1 (or at least the new ex version) should increase the damage of EVERY attack, not only speedbag.

For general changes, elminate HTB's completely from the game, and buff antiairs.