What's new

General/Other - Kano What Kano needs in Kombat Pack 2

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
how does an overhead fit & build off of the archetype of Cyber being a strong zoner & space control character
I play him like a weaker Ryu. An overhead which you can't cancel from would be excellent for him. Just to pester people who low block him all day like they should. Having the overhead hit twice to maybe break armor would give him a decent oki game too, but that I would be fine without it hitting twice.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I'm not saying he needs an OH but how many character variations in this game do not have an overhead?
I guess you could count tremor, all of his overheads are 30+ frames and should never be hitting anyone.
Why does everyone want Cybernetic buffs so bad? A good Cybernetic player can be such a pain in the ass. Commando is what really needs help.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I guess you could count tremor, all of his overheads are 30+ frames and should never be hitting anyone.
Why does everyone want Cybernetic buffs so bad? A good Cybernetic player can be such a pain in the ass. Commando is what really needs help.
His overhead special rock fall makes him have nasty 50/50. That isn't a good example at all really.

Cyber having a Ryu like overhead would be fine. Take it or leave it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm not saying he needs an OH but how many character variations in this game do not have an overhead?
Just stopping in to inform everyone who doesn't already know that a MK character called Sektor, who will clearly have far superior zoning and space control, combined with higher damage, and a + on block armor breaking armored EX Special as the best "get off me tool" in the game for such a type of character, will have both an OH normal and an OH inside one of his string.

Don't forget, giving Cyber an OH would be too much. :coffee:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Just stopping in to inform everyone who doesn't already know that a MK character called Sektor, who will clearly have far superior zoning and space control, combined with higher damage, and a + on block armor breaking armored EX Special as the best "get off me tool" in the game for such a type of character, will have both an OH normal and an OH inside one of his string.

Don't forget, giving Cyber an OH would be too much. :coffee:
Didn't we all agree that Cyber Kano was already made obsolete by HQT Predator? Cyber is already irrelevant lol.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I don't think Kano corner game is scary at all. For example, characters like quan that have bs NJP will beat all of Kano options. Even in the corner, Kano isn't as scary as the other cast. When comparing our tools against the characters, we fall way short.
A little bit too extreme with those buffs there ain't ya?

"Ex buff does not damage kano"
...Wow...Not something i would give to any character, Kano has a pretty scary corner game though.

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Which Kano? I hope you mean specifically Cutt is comparable. HQT has most a better version of Cyber tools outside of the safe WU and backdash.
I meant Cyber.

Predator is one dimensional and has tons of holes. Hunter is probably his best variation

Kano doesn't really have any holes. 99% of what he does is safe.

Just my opinion though. Predator is super overrated while Kano is soooooo all around solid.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I've taken quite the break from MKX but have started playing again, yah me. Anyway here are some of the things that have always bothered me about Kano.
-drives me crazy that the hit priority on b2 in cyber is so weak. all manner of yoloing and mashing beats it. how many char's have faster fwd advancing normals that go just as far that will hit you out of just about anything!? I seldom see it used by our best Kano's...hmmm wonder why. There is no further need for explanation of where I'm going.
-Don't care how many people find it "easy" to combo off of EX-ball, that shit is hard AF for mere mortals like myself in commando and I know I'm not alone (again where are our best Kano's doing this in tourney/weeklies etc?). So either make it easier by a few frames or make the damage scaling more generous so that the difficulty matters. Other solutions include less pushback on hit or make some of his strings fwd advance farther at a better rate so you can keep combo state. Would be a huge help for commando!
-Not that anyone owes me an explanation, but why on earth is choke not plus on hit for the thousandth time!
-As a bonus I would love to have cyber eye laser hit mid

-all the nay sayers about him not needing an overhead in Cyber. Just take a look at the roster and @SaltShaker once again nailed that one.

Here's to hoping that NRS is smarter than all of us when it comes to Kano. I'm pleased with the beta news thus far.