What's new

General/Other - Kano What Kano needs in Kombat Pack 2

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
yo wait,

Cuttrhoat needs things?
There is a reason Kano isn't seeing tournament play. Cutthroat only needs two things:
  1. EX Buff to nullify the 15% Damage Over Time
  2. B1 overhead range to be slightly increased. Same range as Reptile's b2, or slightly less than it.
Everything else would be dream buffs for Cutthroat I guess.

That feel when I read requests for an armored launcher for a character that already has one in all variations, and even a safe on block armored option in all variations

But Cutthroat Enhanced DB1 having armor would just be... godly. He would dominate the midscreen game in certain match ups. No one would dare throw a projectile midscreen or Ice Clone on block ever again.:DOGE

I guess that's why Enhanced db1 doesn't have armor in the first place.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
There is a reason Kano isn't seeing tournament play. Cutthroat only needs two things:
  1. EX Buff to nullify the 15% Damage Over Time
  2. B1 overhead range to be slightly increased. Same range as Reptile's b2, or slightly less than it.
Everything else would be dream buffs for Cutthroat I guess.

But Cutthroat Enhanced DB1 having armor would just be... godly. He would dominate the midscreen game in certain match ups. No one would dare throw a projectile midscreen or Ice Clone on block ever again.:DOGE

I guess that's why Enhanced db1 doesn't have armor in the first place.
My point is given the current utility of DB1 it doesn't look like it was ever designed with armor in mind in the first place. Lets factor in the armored options of characters like D'Vorah, Scorpion, Jacqui etc. in all variations above anything else first.

Also, Summoner Quan Chi was nowhere to be seen in KiT top 8 nor ESL finals, do Summoner players therefore have the all clear to talk about it's "needs" and "wants"?

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
i agree with you @MrInsaynne on both those commando changes/fixes.

i just also want the hit box on his command grab to be fixed it drops on juggled people more than I'd like

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
My point is given the current utility of DB1 it doesn't look like it was ever designed with armor in mind in the first place. Lets factor in the armored options of characters like D'Vorah, Scorpion, Jacqui etc. in all variations above anything else first.

Also, Summoner Quan Chi was nowhere to be seen in KiT top 8 nor ESL finals, do Summoner players therefore have the all clear to talk about it's "needs" and "wants"?

Has a Kano player ever made top 8 though? I know Jupe won a tournament with Kano, but I can't seem to find any footage of that.

kobrafan79

R.I.P Kobra 2004-2015 we hardly knew ye.
What I think Kano needs.

• less damage scaling on his lasers and grenades in cybernetic by about 3%.

• Less scaling on the mb popup in commando and more ticks.

• nullify DoT on Ex power up theres no point to it when it does the same damage as regular power up.

• Make f33 useful somehow. Someone more knowledgeable in frames might have an idea of what to do.

• lower the start up and increase the range of f4 making better for punishing lows from father away or as a way to suprise opponents.

•fix all the whiffing issues.

These are just my thoughts on what Kano needs I think he`s a solid character with really good tools who can compete with most of the cast and doesnt really need any drastic changes. This my first big post and I would love to hear everyones opinions on the changes i suggested.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What I think Kano needs.

• nullify DoT on Ex power up theres no point to it when it does the same damage as regular power up.

• Make f33 useful somehow. Someone more knowledgeable in frames might have an idea of what to do.

• lower the start up and increase the range of f4 making better for punishing lows from father away or as a way to suprise opponents.

These are just my thoughts on what Kano needs I think he`s a solid character with really good tools who can compete with most of the cast and doesnt really need any drastic changes. This my first big post and I would love to hear everyones opinions on the changes i suggested.
F4 doesn't need faster startup. It's already pretty fast and advances. If it had more priority to crush lows more consistently on good reads/reactions that would be a big plus though.

The rest of your post I fully agree with. Good points.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
What I would like to see for Commando Kano is for D4~Grab be reverted back to what it was. And to have plus frames on hit for Choke.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Dear, Everyone in this thread

Ex Buff would be way too ridiculous if it didn't take any of your health with the current way it is. It combos,has armor, and leaves us at +9 off our 50/50s (even +14 for B121 Ex buff) so it makes sense that it has a negative to it. Still, I think the -15% health or -7% and loss of OKI is definitely annoying, I think toning it down to 10% would make everyone much happier and would still be fair. Even if they didn't change Ex Buff I'd still be alright would that I guess, it's not meant to be used for 1 bar combos anyways, which what you guys are probably doing.​

Sincerely, A person who thinks they understand how to play this game

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
What I think Kano needs.

F33 needs to link into choke on hit so you can f33 choke/command grab as a semi mixup (that can be backdashed but it's commando so you take what you can get)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I would love a nice overhead string from MK9

You said "No" wothout reason? Why dont you want a overhead string? He had one before and it was tons better then Cutthroat.
He does not need an overhead string. CT is the 50/50 variation. Cyber has the spacing, zoning, some pressure up close. Sure if he had one I'd use it but it's beyond a luxury buff IMO

kantboy-2

Ripper
F3,3 needs to link; period.

For all effects, parries are special throws, so they didn't make them + for spacing reasons?

But, I agree, Cybernetic has A LOT of stuff I'd wish Commando had. He doesn't need an overhead. Commando doesn't need an overhead. Cuthroat has one, but to get the most out of it, you need to increase damage with a move that causes damage.

Did I mention I would like Commando to get the MK3 air throw? :DOGE

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
this is a buff i want too, its the right thing for commando. plus parry being plus on hit.
IMO make choke mid. It's not needed to fix the issue but it would fix the f4 glitch vs cassie and some other stuff that are kind of weird with choke. Parry should give you good oki. Overall I think commando should be rewarded with better oki considering he has to make some pretty hard reads for little reward

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Mustard is the best CT and he probably won't play him again after Cyrax drops.

From looking at the game; Jason and Erron have a ton of usable tick throws and Kotal's grab doesn't whiff much, if at all. That's what Commando needs in a nutshell.

I love his skins, he needs new alt. colors on Main and Tournament skins and Cyber needs to do his freaking X-Ray and Fatalities with his Cyber knives. How can Revenant Kung Lao have an alternate hat, but Cyber can't have his knives?
U should check @Jupe. He's kano is sick. He plays all of kanos variations and he does it rly,rly well. U are going to see hes kano in action in viennality.

Last edited:

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I'm strongly against Cybernetic getting overhead mixups. His corner game would be insane with his recent damage upgrades with Up Laser. Easy 43 % damage for one bar into standing resets for another 50/50. Shiiit breh

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I'm strongly against Cybernetic getting overhead mixups. His corner game would be insane with his recent damage upgrades with Up Laser. Easy 43 % damage for one bar into standing resets for another 50/50. Shiiit breh
Not only that but midscreen into meterless high 20s/low 30s for no bar off a hit confirmable 50/50? That you can end in ball/upball to zone them again? Like it wouldn't be more stupid than Quan chi or KL but he doesn't NEED it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
He could do with a single hit, low crush OH like kotals b2 but there's not really a reason to give it to him.
I used to think for a long time it was stupid to give Cyber any type of OH.

Until I realized almost every character in the game (off the top of my head only Kenshi has a two variation OH) of every single playstyle already has one lol.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
How much advantage does his restand give him in the corner? I'm not familiar with the MU lol

kantboy-2

Ripper
U should check @Jupe. He's kano is sick. He plays all of kanos variations and he does it rly,rly well. U are going to see hes kano in action in viennality.
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

You give Cybernetic an OH, I want Commando to get Cyber's F2 combo into a Wood Chipper-like throw. :coffee: