What's new

General/Other - Kano What Kano needs in Kombat Pack 2

kobrafan79

R.I.P Kobra 2004-2015 we hardly knew ye.
You give cyber an overhead then you make CT useless
I dont think it would cause each variation caters to a different type of player plus it would depend on what type of overhead cybernetic had. if it was just a slow hard knockdown like kotals it wouldnt be a problem especially if they keep the scaling in cybernetic the way it is. I personally dont think cybernetic needs an overhead either since hes mostly safe on block and you have throws.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I tweeted Paulo and begged him to give Cybernetic a Ryu Collarbone Breaker-like overhead. To no avail.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I agree with main post changes, some more changes I wanna have too :
Cutthroat : OH should have more range compare to SZ and QC midscreen their start up is only 18 and Kano 13
Cybernetic : DB1 laser -7 on block from -9 ;
UP laser MB should launch near Kano to let him combo midscreen with 2 bars or if he antiair with it
Be able to launch twice with 2 MB UP lasers corner with good damage scalling (at least add 4% for 2nd bar)
Commando : command grabs with 10 start up from 14
General : a little bit better hitbox for jump ins and cross ups
don't miss knife after blocked D4 on crounching opponents

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Cutthroat : OH should have more range compare to SZ and QC midscreen their start up is only 18 and Kano 13
UP laser MB should launch near Kano to let him combo midscreen with 2 bars or if he antiair with it
Be able to launch twice with 2 MB UP lasers corner with good damage scalling (at least add 4% for 2nd bar)
Wth. Lol ct should have a oh like reptile. Short but reliable.or are you saying more range in cost of being more -? Cause both sub and quans oh are punishable. Cyber db1 is -11. Its a meterless combo starter its good where its at. You shouldnt be doing staggers with db1. The up laser is buff would be kewl. But not likee needed or anything. Although in the corner you can make some swaggy unbreakable combos with doing multiple up lasers. Last but not least. Commando. Eh thats fine lol. The general jumps though, nrs is making a lil weaker. So it wouldnt make too much sense to buff a jump in

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
how does an overhead fit & build off of the archetype of Cyber being a strong zoner & space control character
But, same can be said about every zoning and space control character in the entire game who already has an OH or was given an OH. Which is all of them outside of Balanced Kenshi lol.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

What does that comparison to Sub's and Quan's overhead even mean?

Cybernetic's laser is -11, it should not be limited to being only punishable by 5 or so characters.

Commando's command grabs being 10 frame startup? you do realize this will limit tick opportunities even further right?

Why are you trying to use D4 knife on block anyway? It doesn't jail them because it's not a true blockstring.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Wth. Lol ct should have a oh like reptile. Short but reliable.or are you saying more range in cost of being more -? Cause both sub and quans oh are punishable. Cyber db1 is -11. Its a meterless combo starter its good where its at. You shouldnt be doing staggers with db1. The up laser is buff would be kewl. But not likee needed or anything. Although in the corner you can make some swaggy unbreakable combos with doing multiple up lasers. Last but not least. Commando. Eh thats fine lol. The general jumps though, nrs is making a lil weaker. So it wouldnt make too much sense to buff a jump in
reptile OH even hit from a step away from opponent it's 11 SU and +1 on block, Kano miss OH if don't really stick to opponent and 13 SU with 0 on block + reptile has 7 SU pokes, Kano 9 so yeah I need OH need a little buff to be able to do normally after a cross up for example and yeah kano mixup game is fine but stops here because start ups are on 9 so that's why his laser should be safe and he does less damage in cybernetic than reptile in general and reptile all strings are safe....
cool that you let me compare Kano with reptile because he was always my main and in MKX he is my 2nd after Kano

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
What does that comparison to Sub's and Quan's overhead even mean?

Cybernetic's laser is -11, it should not be limited to being only punishable by 5 or so characters.

Commando's command grabs being 10 frame startup? you do realize this will limit tick opportunities even further right?

Why are you trying to use D4 knife on block anyway? It doesn't jail them because it's not a true blockstring.
QC and SZ has 50/50 in all variations and can hit from mid range when Kano misses his OH 9/10 times after a cross up because he should be max close possible, if he's not so he lose his 50/50 game.

Kano pretty poor mixup game can be saved with less punishable laser in cybernetic

Commando 10 SU I compare to USF4 graplers, when a standart hit SU is 3 and grapler grabs are 2 here 7, 8 is standard SU and command grab is 14 so I think it's easy to counter poke him before he throw after a block string

Safe knife from maximum range of safe D4 give him opportunities to mixup, run, jumpin if he don't use the knife sometimes when opponent wait it.

Believe me, I am someone who hated Kano in MK9 and main him in MKX, love this dude to much and played a lot of matchs, big part of EU side know my Kano and I think I can talk about my feelings

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
reptile OH even hit from a step away from opponent it's 11 SU and +1 on block, Kano miss OH if don't really stick to opponent and 13 SU with 0 on block + reptile has 7 SU pokes, Kano 9 so yeah I need OH need a little buff to be able to do normally after a cross up for example and yeah kano mixup game is fine but stops here because start ups are on 9 so that's why his laser should be safe and he does less damage in cybernetic than reptile in general and reptile all strings are safe....
cool that you let me compare Kano with reptile because he was always my main and in MKX he is my 2nd after Kano
Im saying i would prefer cutthroat to be more like reps oh haha. Short and safe but consistant. You brought up sz and quan but they have longer reaching overheads but are unsafe. I choose the latter. And i still dont like having laser safe. Cyber is already super safe as it is and adding that would be alot. Then you would only have ball thats punishable(and technically air ball) and that would be crazy. Cause you dont really use those unless its for ending a combo or armoring through something. Usually

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
- A slight increase in cutthroats b1 wouldn't go a miss but isn't necessary.

- EX buff takes no life.

- Ability to ex 'debuff' to continue pressure. What I mean is b12 ex buff 11 is a true block string so great pressure. You can't use this pressure if buff is active because you can't ex debuff. Whether it would be that useful or not IDK but the option would be nice.

- Remove gap from 112.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I would like his b1 to go into +3 in block. It was a great pressure tool that help commando alot. It was fair to me if you look at all the other crazy snitz this game have. And also i was poke out if it sometimes.

The gap in 112 doesn't make a lot of sense though. Most strings with a gap give meter less block advantage, so the gap is a justification of balance against it. But 112 just has a gap for some reason.
Sometimes I'm surpised by a uppercut someone manage to sneak in on me. I hate this.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I would like his b1 to go into +3 in block. It was a great pressure tool that help commando alot. It was fair to me if you look at all the other crazy snitz this game have. And also i was poke out if it sometimes.

Sometimes I'm surpised by a uppercut someone manage to sneak in on me. I hate this.
You want his 9f mid to be +3 on block?...