What's new

What is your preferred controller and why?

What is your preferred controller?

• Total voters
@karaokelove

i'm glad you mentioned the part about releasing buttons, i always forget to mention that. plays hell on dbf motions! another mild problem is the sensitivity of the sanwa buttons. sometimes i get an accidental inpput from resting fingers on buttons :/

I like the simplistic design. But why 6 buttons? Brief summary on how you did this?
Art's Hobbies makes a 6 button acrylic panel and print you can buy to overlay on most madcatz sticks. Just take the extra buttons out and your good to go. As for why, there's 3 reasons:

1. Those extra two buttons at the end are just clutter and pretty much every game I know of doesn't make use of them in actual gameplay...so they only get in the way.
2. six button is pretty much the standard layout for all fighting games since capcom standardized it in the arcades and IMO its a much more aesthetically pleasing design.
3. even if I had them they wouldn't help me at this point because my xbox pcb linked into the TE kitty is one of the earliest madcatz pcbs and they have a well known flaw that caused the triggers to die.

The only real drawback to the design is that a few of the menu functions require usage of the triggers and I have to work around them. For example, if we're in an online room and you challenge me...I have absolutely no way to accept the challenge. I will have to submit a challenge back to you and you'll have to accept.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Art's Hobbies makes a 6 button acrylic panel and print you can buy to overlay on most madcatz sticks. Just take the extra buttons out and your good to go. As for why, there's 3 reasons:

1. Those extra two buttons at the end are just clutter and pretty much every game I know of doesn't make use of them in actual gameplay...so they only get in the way.
2. six button is pretty much the standard layout for all fighting games since capcom standardized it in the arcades and IMO its a much more aesthetically pleasing design.
3. even if I had them they wouldn't help me at this point because my xbox pcb linked into the TE kitty is one of the earliest madcatz pcbs and they have a well known flaw that caused the triggers to die.

The only real drawback to the design is that a few of the menu functions require usage of the triggers and I have to work around them. For example, if we're in an online room and you challenge me...I have absolutely no way to accept the challenge. I will have to submit a challenge back to you and you'll have to accept.
That con was the first thing that came to mind when I first saw it. I think it should have been there anyways even if not part of the other 6. The same way as the home button and such.