What's new

What is your preferred controller and why?

What is your preferred controller?

• Total voters

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Xbox One controller works like a dream for NRS games. I wish I could use it on my 360, perfect for what I need in a Pad.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Depends on which game. SF I actually like the 360 controller because I play charge characters. MK I prefer the ps3 pad.

E

Eldriken

That's a nice stick to not be using man! Are you planning on using it?
I've tried and tried and I just can't get into using it. I'm much more comfortable with a regular controller. I originally got it for SSF4 but never stuck to using it. Now it just sits around collecting dust. It works fine, however. I make sure to check it every few days to make sure it hasn't gone bad for some reason.

E

Eldriken

The analog stick on my 360 controller.

No one seriously uses the dpad, right?
It's all I use for fighting games. Even games like USF4. I can FADC~Ultra off of it just fine. Hell, Wolfkrone uses(used?) a pad and he plays C. Viper.

Titanman_88

Adamantium Addiction
I personally love the PS pads. It just feels right to me. Also why Im here, Im in the market for a converter for a PS2 pad. What would be the most reliable tourney qualified?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
PS3 pad just for NRS games...Stick for everything else. Well...okay also pad for DOA games. Some titles feel really good on pad.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I would use a Hitbox if I could afford one, but I really like using my stick. I bought it for IGAU and to learn SF and for the novelty because they look cool, and I'm happy I did. It really made my inputs cleaner, which really helped with how technical Zod is.

I will never use stick for MK9, it's too dash intensive, but MKX looks like it will control well with a stick so I plan to use mine. Gotta get more mileage out of my $170...

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I can type without looking at the screen AND know when I make an error while doing so.

GET ON MY LEVEL.
I can type without looking at the screen nore the keyboard and still know when I'm making errors. SO hold that. :p

I'm a ps2 pad user and have been ever since I discovered converters. I attempted sticks, but it feels weird to me, so I give huge propts to those who play on them.

E

Eldriken

I can type without looking at the screen nore the keyboard and still know when I'm making errors. SO hold that. :p

I'm a ps2 pad user and have been ever since I discovered converters. I attempted sticks, but it feels weird to me, so I give huge propts to those who play on them.
That's what I was saying myself. I don't look at the keyboard either, lol.

I don't know anyone who can type 130WPM looking at the keyboard. =P

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Arcade Stick, infurtunately stick and MK9 doesn't get along as much as i would like to, but in all other fighting games stick works fine actually

DarkPage

Noob
I used to be all Ps3/ps2 pad and just dabbled with stick before Injustice, when i got injustice, went all stick, and now using a pad, is so damn awkward, everything feels right with stick, its also got that arcade appeal, and its sturdy. I do tend to get those db, df specials on accident, but idk it just feels more comfortable, that i just deal.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I can deal with any kind of pad (even the 360 one if it's new) but I just mostly use my poverty Tekken 5 PS2 Stick + converter. I can also use keyboard just fine when playing on PC such as 3S on GGPO or Melty Blood.

But there are specific games where I can only use a certain type of controller:

• One of them is UMK3. I have to play on pad because I can't find a comfortable layout with the presence of the Run button.
  • I also can almost not play 6-button fighters on pad. It gets too weird for me that shoulder buttons aren't macros. I also can't P-Link on Pad so SF4 automatically becomes a bit harder.

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
PS3 pad beacuse its durability and because is wireless, but I would like to see a pad with 6 buttons on front (like the clasic sega controller), 4 triggers (like in the dualshock), wireless and with the ps3 d-pad.

Pronto

Montreal's reckoning
I've decided to go the PS1 no analog route. I'm curious as to what converters other people in my boat are using.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
PS3 controller on everything, fighting or otherwise.

Probably going to convert to PS4 controller once I get one and enough games have support for it.

It's just so fucking good.