What's new

What is the difference between pre-patch Black Adam and Martian Manhunter?

What is the difference between pre-patch Black Adam and Martian Manhunter?

• The difference is that pre-patch Black Adam was better.

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • The difference is that Martian Manhunter is better.

Votes: 66 64.1%
  • There is no difference.

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
This. It's the only thing that makes this MU hard for Harley. It's hard getting in on MMH due to MB orbs and Pillar. I can beat rushdown Martian but Zoning Martian is harder. Space control is also why Aquaman beats Harley as well.
space control/mobility are the most important factors in this game and mmh has the best of both, not to mention he is good at everythig else lol

Can anybody explain the difference between pre-patch Black Adam and Martian Manhunter to me? Can anybody explain to me why 90% of you hypocritical fools cried about pre-patch Black Adam yet justify Martian Manhunter? Can anybody explain to me why Rico Suave received little to no props for winning with pre-patch Black Adam while Jupiter is worshiped as a God?

Thanks.
Simple: what Jupiter does with Manhunter is significantly harder than what Rico did with prepatch Black Adam in the games early life because of his stupid high damage output, safe divekick, insane mobility from the backdash, low lighting that you couldn't jump, etc. The game didn't almost die just because Superman and Black Adam were OP, it nearly died because of how boring they were on top of that.

Manhunter probably is much better than prepatch Black Adam was, but even still most of us can't help but watch what Jupiter does with him and his setups and be impressed because it requires a lot of execution and on point decision making to do.

And for the record, Jupiter is seems to me to be less like a god and more like godzilla. He's not worshiped....just feared as an awful awesome force of nature which no one can stop.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I can see the similarities.. But martian has a lot more tools to work with. He needs to use all of them, but when made use of they put him head and shoulders above the cast.

But in general, yeah, I guess if you can't give props for pre-oct. BA play, you can't give props for either.

Unless the fact that BA's gameplay was more linear is what people value. But overall, there was never a point where Rico looked like he wasn't thinking; so in that regard he'd be similar to Jupiter.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
We need to be honest about this. Every fighting game is going to have a "best" character. It's just how it is. It would be nearly impossible to make a game where all mu's were 5-5 and some characters didn't have absurd tools. It's the way of the world. With that said, I have a feeling Jupiter is bad news, in the sense that I believe he is gonna start going on a massive rampage with MMH. It's already began.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I am still waiting for certain community "experts" in this community to apologize for making the following statements upon Martian Manhunter's release.

1. Martian Manhunter is not even a top tier character.

2. Eights seconds of cool down is "just about right".

3. The overhead teleport can be countered by MB b+3 every single time.

If you are one of the fools who made any of these statements, please come forward and apologize.

Thanks.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I am still waiting for certain community "experts" in this community to apologize for making the following statements upon Martian Manhunter's release.

1. Martian Manhunter is not even a top tier character.

2. Eights seconds of cool down is "just about right".

3. The overhead teleport can be countered by MB b+3 every single time.

If you are one of the fools who made any of these statements, please come forward and apologize.

Thanks.
Ok no one will apologize for the third statement, you know, since it's true and all...

The honest answer is that pre-patch Black Adam was boring and MMH is hype, has more depth and takes more skill to use.

I'm talking pre-pre patch Black Adam. When there was no reason to do something other than dive kicks and MB Lightning and when you could backdash out of everything. Nobody wants to see that character in grand finals.

MMH is arguably as good or maybe better than pre-patch BA, but when REO or Jupiter uses the character it makes the game look good. Pre-patch Black Adam vs pre-patch Superman made Injustice look like a joke.

black adam wasnt hard to use while mmh is arguably the hardest char to pick up and use properly in inj. the way designs go it should always reward the character that is the hardest to use the most so it makes sense mmh is #1.
Seriously really really he isn't . What is really that difficult about MMH ? Execution wise he is average and tools wise there are characters that are much harder than him to use . (Zatanna , Zod , Lex , Joker etc etc ) Difficulty shouldn't equal being good in any way shape or form .

Nothing is diffcult with the RETARDED MB pillar and the teleport .

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Seriously really really he isn't . What is really that difficult about MMH ? Execution wise he is average and tools wise there are characters that are much harder than him to use . (Zatanna , Zod , Lex , Joker etc etc ) Difficulty shouldn't equal being good in any way shape or form .

Nothing is diffcult with the RETARDED MB pillar and the teleport .
So you're going to pick MMH and start winning tournaments?