What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire What Hellfire's new pressure looks like.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I mean sure, but you could've just jumped over and full-combo punished.

That was a lot of teleporting and the Kenshi player was playing like it was back-to-block lol. Teleporting frantically like that is a very high risk low reward playstyle with Scorpion and it's not one that I can see many players using in the future.

But do your thing man, just keep dishing out them Ls.

SMH at some of the criticism in this thread. In this match specifically the other player was clearly going for something after every FBRC and was getting hit by the teleport over and over. Why should he do anything different if the other player is getting hit by the same thing?

I agree you need to be able to mix it up but this guy was getting bodied by the same thing so until he actually blocks and punishes the teleport it is beyond retarded to go for another option. Don't mix yourself up.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Uh wouldn't it be better to just jump forward and let the armor whiff so you can full combo punish?

People just need to let go of the FBRC pressure and stop trying to revise it.

Last edited:
21 cancel is still plus right? It's still pressure just not guaranteed, so why not just play the same general guessing game everyone plays when they are plus a couple of frames?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I've don't testing on 214 fbc into b3 and b1 and they both beat out 6 frame d1's if they try to poke out. When they respect that option you can loop 214 again. If they try to armor you can block, jump, back dash or break the armor depending on the move. All of those are better option than teleport imo.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Holy crap, it's like ten times out of ten the teleport hit. Either there's something I'm missing in the metagame or that match could have just completely gone the other way if the Kenshi just held block for a second or two. Either way, Hellfire Scorpion seems like the most technical thinking-man's oriented character. Very entertaining to watch.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Unedited, from a ranked match. You can tell he knew about the blockstring nerf, so I used that to my advantage.

In all honesty, I did lose the fight just before this one, but I thought this match showed off hellfire's pressure pretty well.

Why don't you use the cancel to block bait a d1? Once you know that they always do it, then you can go for this teleport idea.

Because right from the off, its mental.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Why don't you use the cancel to block bait a d1? Once you know that they always do it, then you can go for this teleport idea.

Because right from the off, its mental.
how bout doing a jump in after?
Holy crap, it's like ten times out of ten the teleport hit. Either there's something I'm missing in the metagame or that match could have just completely gone the other way if the Kenshi just held block for a second or two. Either way, Hellfire Scorpion seems like the most technical thinking-man's oriented character. Very entertaining to watch.
The tech in the video is already outdated. I already know safer and scarier ways to punish armored reversals. In fact it's kind of embarrassing to keep the video up lol.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
do share, im split between tanya and scorp atm.
Well I went through the whole roster and tested every reversal vs Scorpion's FBC. In the case of Kenshi, you can do a forward jump after 214xxFBC and all of his reversals will whiff, and you can do a late FJP which will either punish or allow further pressure depending on which reversal he did.

Against a Kenshi who knows this matchup (I'm not sure how many of such players exist yet), he knows a d2 will stuff forward jump as well as more 214 reps, but that it's just as risky as an armored reversal because Scorpion's FJK will, in turn, stuff Kenshi's d2. This is just for the Kenshi MU, every MU has different ideal options. Vs some characters you have to 214xxFBC Yoloport more often.

Putting it like that, it sounds pretty even handed right? Well, he has a lot of mixups by abusing FBC, for example 21xxFBC is fast, but the frame advantage is just low enough that Scorpion can get a tick throw, and the opponent is forced to react or eat it. Even better, ending combos with b12xxFBC, you can get a tick throw there which in my experience will only EVER be avoided if the opponent explicitly anticipates it.

But Scorpion still has more options, though. Ending combos with b12xxFBC into a crossup FJP is insanely pressuring, since 21 jails from a FJP you can continue momentum in different ways, or hitconfirm a combo if they fail to block FJP under pressure.

I'm getting sidetracked, but basically if you understand all of his options from FBC, he's scarier than Jax ever was IMO. A generic example of pressure: 21xxFBC, 214xxFBC, throw;

There is also safe tech to stuff armored reversals entirely, should they try to armor after the first 214xxFBC rep. The tech is, end a combo with FA, b12xxTP. Delay the 214 reps for a few frames, the do the 214xxFBC reps. If timed properly, flame aura's ticks will activate as they do a reversal, eating their armor. Your next rep should combo. For low profile reversals, you have to use a mid instead of a second 214, but I was able to stuff even Reptile's 6f armored slide with f3 using this tech.

...I'm getting sidetracked again. Basically, you can easily conceal the proper response to Scorpion's pressure by using FBC, which makes good hellfire players a nightmare to fight.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
its +7 the only think scorpion gets in a d1 if fbc was done perfect.
214 FBC 114 can be beat out by every character in the game for no meter so god forbid you test something before talking down to people on a chararcter you dont use "yeesh"
AND this was exactly what I was telling you in the Mileena forums.

Last paragraph.

My point has been proven. I rest my case. I think I'm going to save this paragraph, too for the sake of hypocrisy.

What annoys me even MORE about the whole scenario is that the same people who want to get a character nerfed or their's to be buffed. will tell you to "shut up & adapt" when the damage has been done. Like now, since I've been playing with new stuff with each character, people have been complaining about it. It's honestly getting to where I just want to send PMS to people who normally like talking & sharing tech with me. It's becoming discouraging to share something good only for the crybabies to win on a twitter page or a Facebook page from the developers. The irony. Every community that I've been in have been like this. I get enough of this in the DOA community. SRK just so happens to get their crybabies blown off, but there's a lot of them.
Also, @Triplswing, good shit, man.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
nothing on block? thats a shame
Yeah well his old 214 had the most cancel advantage by far, and that just barely got in EXFB. It's got a 35 frame startup after all.

Now that it's never guaranteed and 35 frames minimum I feel like the EX version should be a mid.