What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire What Hellfire's new pressure looks like.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Unedited, from a ranked match. You can tell he knew about the blockstring nerf, so I used that to my advantage.

In all honesty, I did lose the fight just before this one, but I thought this match showed off hellfire's pressure pretty well.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hmm, well I now know what the general impulse read is during Hellfire's FBCs, but come on son, I was expecting some B1s or B3s lol....

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Most of the time I just go in for the grab. I haven't ran into anyone that really punishes it that much. But I respect what you're doing with that.

I'm going to miss the old run cancels though. The days of not giving a fuck are over.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Hmm, well I now know what the general impulse read is during Hellfire's FBCs, but come on son, I was expecting some B1s or B3s lol....
I'm still getting used to the new Scorpion, I'll be implementing that ASAP. This is like my 5th online match since the patch.

Although, after watching my own match, after I beat his armor, he just crouchblocked my pressure so I'm not sure b3 would have done too much for me. But you are right, though. I've gotta implement everything.
Most of the time I just go in for the grab. I haven't ran into anyone that really punishes it that much. But I respect what you're doing with that.

I'm going to miss the old run cancels though. The days of not giving a fuck are over.
Well the options really open up once you deal with armor, but I rarely use throws anyway. Not because I'm against throws, but because I don't really trust them.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Great match Tripl.

That's ballsy, but totally yolo imo, imagine he gets the right read and block, its a very high risk i'm not that willing to take.
I think FBC into crossup tele or B3~exspear are options that they might be forced to respect later on because it will blow up so much disrespect.

JDM

Noob
lmaoo hell naw bruh.

That was way too risky, and I think that guy didn't know how to block an EX teleport let alone anything about a blockstring nerf.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
lmaoo hell naw bruh.

That was way too risky, and I think that guy didn't know how to block an EX teleport let alone anything about a blockstring nerf.
In the match before this he kept armoring through my FBC reps. He knows. There are less risky options but I just went ham and it paid off...this time.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
but i thought the point of the nerf is that you can be blown up after the first FBC so this still isn't viable is it? arnt you actually leaving more of an gap in your pressure than if you would have done another 21 rep?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm still getting used to the new Scorpion, I'll be implementing that ASAP. This is like my 5th online match since the patch.

Although, after watching my own match, after I beat his armor, he just crouchblocked my pressure so I'm not sure b3 would have done too much for me. But you are right, though. I've gotta implement everything.

Well the options really open up once you deal with armor, but I rarely use throws anyway. Not because I'm against throws, but because I don't really trust them.
Yeah NBD, online will always be online, a lot of the time when I attempt B3-FBRC online I end up getting point blank teleports anyway...

Baby dont nerf me..
Dont nerf me..
No more.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
but i thought the point of the nerf is that you can be blown up after the first FBC so this still isn't viable is it? arnt you actually leaving more of an gap in your pressure than if you would have done another 21 rep?
It wasn't really pressure before so much as it was free damage. He tried to armor though in the match but it failed twice and he didn't try again.

Yes it's a gamble to teleport. Yes it could have blown up in my face. But it's a very satisfying way to play when you guess right.

Reactions: STK

coolwhip

Noob
Eh, I don't know, I wouldn't throw this more than once a match to keep the honest and make them respect it so that I get continuous pressure (though there are other ways). Abusing something so risky and punishable when you're at plus frames seems excessive to me.