What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire What Hellfire's new pressure looks like.

Error404

Noob
Why do you guys act like 214 fbc is useless now? Its still +8 and thats not bad . The difference is that now you have to use more than just 214. You can make your opponent respect you by doing 214 fbc 114/poke/back throw. God forbid having to occasionally use your brain and make a read on when your opponent is going to try and armor out. Yeesh get a grip Scorpion community.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Why do you guys act like 214 fbc is useless now? Its still +8 and thats not bad . The difference is that now you have to use more than just 214. You can make your opponent respect you by doing 214 fbc 114/poke/back throw. God forbid having to occasionally use your brain and make a read on when your opponent is going to try and armor out. Yeesh get a grip Scorpion community.
its +7 the only think scorpion gets in a d1 if fbc was done perfect.
214 FBC 114 can be beat out by every character in the game for no meter so god forbid you test something before talking down to people on a chararcter you dont use "yeesh"

Error404

Noob
its +7 the only think scorpion gets in a d1 if fbc was done perfect.
214 FBC 114 can be beat out by every character in the game for no meter so god forbid you test something before talking down to people on a chararcter you dont use "yeesh"
No, Scorpion only gets a d1 without a gap. +7 is still enough to get people to no try and mash out without meter all the time. And for you information i've played quite a bit of scorpion . But who hasn't since that character literally only used 2 strings and 3 specials before.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm still to see what Scorpion players are losing their shit like @Error404 and @I GOT HANDS are talking about, as far as i know, no one here is salty because the blockstring is guaranteed, so where are these members?

Reactions: JDE

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
No, Scorpion only gets a d1 without a gap. +7 is still enough to get people to no try and mash out without meter all the time. And for you information i've played quite a bit of scorpion . But who hasn't since that character literally only used 2 strings and 3 specials before.
ye with b1/b3 not a high in standing1.
so if your going to make a smartarse comment about scorpion players using ours brains, use your own 1st

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Those options are pretty bad
Standing 1 and throw hits as high as standing 2 hits, so any of these options can be just low profiled with D1, D3 and D4 and that is the least, since 114 has a gap where opponents can armor out of it it might not be the smartest idea.
B3, F3 Crossup tele and run cancel into block are the Scorpion's best bets now.

Just leave Scorpion issues to Scorpion mains, don't get me wrong, but i don't go to Johnny Cage Forums tell them how they should have play Johnny Cage and i play A-list a lot.

Reactions: JDE

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Wow so teleporting randomly on block is pressure. All those online Scorpion players just gained a new respect from me, they knew the tech!

Noob
Hmm interesting thread, was not gonna coment but after watching Tripls match i gotta say, Hellfire Scorpion just became a bit more Ermac this days. He will be fine after saying that...

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Eh, I don't know, I wouldn't throw this more than once a match to keep the honest and make them respect it so that I get continuous pressure (though there are other ways). Abusing something so risky and punishable when you're at plus frames seems excessive to me.
Where mind games come to play, you show that you are willing to pull the trigger then he will learn to respect it and just block.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Can't Scorpion just block to bait the reversal and then punish like the rest of us? I know Scorpion players like to keep pressing buttons but you don't have to EVERY time

Noob
Can't Scorpion just block to bait the reversal and then punish like the rest of us? I know Scorpion players like to keep pressing buttons but you don't have to EVERY time
omg BLASPHEMYYYY... you... youuu... blasphemous person you... it be in the 10 commandments of Scorpion, our savior, that thou shall press all the buttons. Thou shall not think whilst pressing said buttons, and thou shall do it EVERY time...

Ppl come in here with their Athiest talk trying to drive our faithfull Scorpionists into the light. Shame on you my boy...

Just joking i also play Scorpion hellfire on ocasion LOL

Eh, you'd think the opponent would have adapted after the millionth 214 FBC tele but nope. This is far too risky and I wouldn't call this 'New Pressure'. Looks like a bunch of YOLO mixed in with no adaptations from the opponent/can't block. I'd expect this to get blown up pretty quickly.

Noob
Eh, you'd think the opponent would have adapted after the millionth 214 FBC tele but nope. This is far too risky and I wouldn't call this 'New Pressure'. Looks like a bunch of YOLO mixed in with no adaptations from the opponent/can't block. I'd expect this to get blown up pretty quickly.
Actually its not as YOLO as it seems. Its just like Ermac, not only is it opponent read based as well as a risk vs reward component... Just like Ermac has to take some time to read the flow of the match before going crazy with its Vortex, Scorpion has to now do the same thing. The only thing that mkaes Scorpions pressure not as risky as Ermac is that at any point you feel like your read is not gonna pay off, you can simply Cancel your teleport, something Ermac cannot do... With that being said if Ermac is doing fine even without the ability to cancel his teleports, Scorpion will be A OK...

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I'm still to see what Scorpion players are losing their shit like @Error404 and @I GOT HANDS are talking about, as far as i know, no one here is salty because the blockstring is guaranteed, so where are these members?

I didn't say a single thing about anyone being salty, just that maybe people are misinterpreting this video to think that Teleport is the only option here.. Here's a compilation of posts that gave me the impression that this is what a lot of people in here are thinking

That is so risky jesus christ
Just block and punish? Lol this so risky
.....I can't even
lmaoo hell naw bruh.

That was way too risky, and I think that guy didn't know how to block an EX teleport let alone anything about a blockstring nerf.
So basically fighting scorpion is now:

Wait for him to hang himself , then proceed to anally probe him.
I mentioned not a thing about salt. But if it's a discussion you want to have, I need only point you towards the "RIP Scorpion fuck NRS" themed thread put up on patch day.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Actually its not as YOLO as it seems. Its just like Ermac, not only is it opponent read based as well as a risk vs reward component... Just like Ermac has to take some time to read the flow of the match before going crazy with its Vortex, Scorpion has to now do the same thing. The only thing that mkaes Scorpions pressure not as risky as Ermac is that at any point you feel like your read is not gonna pay off, you can simply Cancel your teleport, something Ermac cannot do... With that being said if Ermac is doing fine even without the ability to cancel his teleports, Scorpion will be A OK...
False, Scorpion can only Cancel his teleport when he has full stamina, so if by any chance you run cancel into teleport you won't be able to cancel because you don't have full stamina do spend.

Noob
False, Scorpion can only Cancel his teleport when he has full stamina, so if by any chance you run cancel into teleport you won't be able to cancel because you don't have full stamina do spend.
You are correct my bad i overlooked that detail, my apologies then... I guess his even more Ermac than even i thought LOL

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
@Triplswing this is super high risk. I would suggest at least against Kenshi blocking RK and going for a b3 punish or if you think you have a read on his armor just do 214FBC into cross over jump punch and every special he has will whiff so you would get at jp2, f4 combo.