Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Killer Frost

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.8%

• Total voters

Tofer Booboo

Anything could happen
I understand that, I just wanted it to be known they are actually popular.

Back on topic though, I think Poison Ivy would be a terrific addition to the game, there really hasn't been a character in many games that controls plant life, and if there is they are usually not done very well.
But I feel like Raven is going to make it in with her huge fanbase even before the game came out.

trufenix

bye felicia
I want to know why so many iconic vs. series characters didn't make the cut... Venom, Gambit, Rogue, Cyclops, fucking Mega Man, etc.
Because fighting game casts are created by teams of humans beings with individual opinions, skillsets and resources not internet popularity measuring replicators.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
I understand that, I just wanted it to be known they are actually popular.

Back on topic though, I think Poison Ivy would be a terrific addition to the game, there really hasn't been a character in many games that controls plant life, and if there is they are usually not done very well.
But I feel like Raven is going to make it in with her huge fanbase even before the game came out.
If for some unforsaken reason we get Swamp Thing or Ivy in this game hopefully they'll be ass tier and no one will play them #Botanophobia

First has been over taken! You guys wouldn't want this lady to go down without a good fight left in her, by the looks of the last page........ get your friends to vote!

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
You're not throwing sense into the thread. We're voting on which characters we'd like to see. And you need to remember that the roster is NOT completely revealed. At all. Very likely Hawkgirl is playable, same with Raven. The rest are wishes that we'd like to see.
OK, for ONE.. this is like the 5th "Wish List" thread that's been posted. TWO... I VOTED so I know what it is :coffee: THREE... Key Word = REVEALED, it means NRS probably has the characters already made and there's NO way we'll know what to vote on until we see them.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
OK, for ONE.. this is like the 5th "Wish List" thread that's been posted. TWO... I VOTED so I know what it is :coffee: THREE... Key Word = REVEALED, it means NRS probably has the characters already made and there's NO way we'll know what to vote on until we see them.
Doesn't change the fact this is an opinion thread and none of it determines or means anything.

Lol

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Because fighting game casts are created by teams of humans beings with individual opinions, skillsets and resources not internet popularity measuring replicators.
I know but it's a very long series. It has I think MvC3 is actually the 7th in the series (someone correct me if I'm off a little bit) and a lot of those characters have been in the majority of the games or been very iconic in the series, so it's surprising that they aren't in.

Cyclops in particular is sort of surprising since afaik he was the main Marvel character in a lot of the games.

It's like if Ryu, Cammy, and Blanka weren't in Street Fighter 5, but the rest of the original cast was. You would just assume that they would be in, it isn't really a popularity thing.

Reedoms

Noob
I know but it's a very long series. It has I think MvC3 is actually the 7th in the series (someone correct me if I'm off a little bit) and a lot of those characters have been in the majority of the games or been very iconic in the series, so it's surprising that they aren't in.

Cyclops in particular is sort of surprising since afaik he was the main Marvel character in a lot of the games.

It's like if Ryu, Cammy, and Blanka weren't in Street Fighter 5, but the rest of the original cast was. You would just assume that they would be in, it isn't really a popularity thing.
Because having half the cast be X-Men would be silly.

Getting this out of the way: No one accidentally drops a request for Robin. They know what they're doing and who they are and that they will face judgment, so we might as well help them practice for their inevitable atonement.

I pretty much reject everything about this. For a number of reasons, really. First one that just jumps out at my face is that Capcom games are being held up as standard bearers of anything other than a prime example of things I don't play because they have one character repeating for at least three slots every title and are generally intolerable for a host of other reasons. The reasons for Ryu being on the roster five times are an entirely different discussion, but "because people like it" almost certainly would not be in the top three reasons I'd list for why it happens. Number one there would probably be "laziness informs tradition, tradition informs acceptability."

Point is, I'm not going to sit back and accept the notion of a God's honest failing on the basis that people who play fucking Street Fighter do just that for basically every title in the series. I want this game to be better than a Capcom title. Not to conform to their insulting standards just so a minority of people can have their dreams of 200% more tits and misogyny with their heat vision and rushdown come true.

Just because you're only voicing an opinion doesn't mean your opinion isn't a bad fucking idea.

right, it's a bad idea... in your opinion.

Now unless you mean a bad idea for sales. then that's another thing.

trufenix

bye felicia
First, MvC3 was a brand new engine, or at least, new to the series, so every returning character had to be redone from scratch. That meant nobody had a free pass. Which is how Capcom usually operates. Second, Capcom only "brought everyone back" in MvC2 because they had all the storage in the universe and access to every CPS2 character ever. Most of the characters that "came back" did so with nothing new or in most cases less than they had in their preceding games. The X-Men especially, because the last game most of them had been in was COTA, half a decade prior.

The more telling story about Marvel series character loyalty was that MvC1 (the last one with any actual thought put in) dropped 90% of the X-men and Magneto and Juggernaut. So either Capcom was already bored with them, or Marvel had already decided they weren't approved front runners anymore.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
right, it's a bad idea... in your opinion.

Now unless you mean a bad idea for sales. then that's another thing.
It's neat how "opinion" is a word used to grant our own feelings immunity from scrutiny, while at the same time invalidating those of literally everyone else.

Just one of those really useful, results-oriented things we do as a species.

My opinion is that all opinions other than my own are fucking bullshit. And I said it was my opinion so you can't argue with it, which means I'M FUCKING RIGHT.

If you say differently, well hah, that's just your opinion.

See the problem?

It's neat how "opinion" is a word used to grant our own feelings immunity from scrutiny, while at the same time invalidating those of literally everyone else.

Just one of those really useful, results-oriented things we do as a species.

My opinion is that all opinions other than my own are fucking bullshit. And I said it was my opinion so you can't argue with it, which means I'M FUCKING RIGHT.

If you say differently, well hah, that's just your opinion.

See the problem?
Except you clearly just did what you complain about in this post.

You're the one complaining about other's opinions, and stating yours as facts.

Hate all you want, that doesn't mean another character you had doesn't have validation to be represented.

Only thing right and wrong in the eyes of corporations and businesses is which ideas make more money vs ideas that show a trend to make less money. Anything else you conjure up to validate your "assumption" is an opinion.