Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Cheetah

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Killer Frost

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.8%

• Total voters
Oh I know they won´t be in the game, I only want the lover ring in the game just to see people rage being beaten by love...

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
OK, I'll throw in a bit of sense to this whole thread. First you have to understand that if NRS adds any more characters it will also have to do with game style balance along with the current content already put in. So that being said, a female character would have to have a fighting style that hasn't been already implemented to keep each character fresh in terms of keeping match-ups diverse and interesting. I think that's one thing people over-look when voting for characters they want in the game either as a core character or a DLC. None the less it really doesn't matter this late in the game development. I'm sure NRS has already finished with the character development and is merely tweeking and balancing characters via playtests. So as for my vote I picked Hawk Girl cuz IMO Shierah Hall is a bad azz sexy woman with wings, but I could see Raven and/or Zatana also... "Stam Stamp, nuf said ...I'm done!"

OK, I'll throw in a bit of sense to this whole thread. First you have to understand that if NRS adds any more characters it will also have to do with game style balance along with the current content already put in. So that being said, a female character would have to have a fighting style that hasn't been already implemented to keep each character fresh in terms of keeping match-ups diverse and interesting. I think that's one thing people over-look when voting for characters they want in the game either as a core character or a DLC. None the less it really doesn't matter this late in the game development. I'm sure NRS has already finished with the character development and is merely tweeking and balancing characters via playtests. So as for my vote I picked Hawk Girl cuz IMO Shierah Hall is a bad azz sexy woman with wings, but I could see Raven and/or Zatana also... "Stam Stamp, nuf said ...I'm done!"
You're not throwing sense into the thread. We're voting on which characters we'd like to see. And you need to remember that the roster is NOT completely revealed. At all. Very likely Hawkgirl is playable, same with Raven. The rest are wishes that we'd like to see.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I'm a supporter of having Power Girl in this game. I wouldn't mind having Power Girl as a Superman alt skin and I like many of the other female characters on the list as well such as Hawkgirl, Raven, Zatanna, and Black Canary.

That said, let me give you the reasons I would love to have Power Girl in this game.
  • First, what's wrong w/ tits? As long as nobody takes it to creepy serious levels a little sex appeal is a good thing.
There's nothing wrong with her, as long as she isn't taking up a character slot. She can simply be an alt, but there are other females with unique playstyles.
Basically
OK, I'll throw in a bit of sense to this whole thread. First you have to understand that if NRS adds any more characters it will also have to do with game style balance along with the current content already put in. So that being said, a female character would have to have a fighting style that hasn't been already implemented to keep each character fresh in terms of keeping match-ups diverse and interesting.
as he says it better.
  • Second, this is the same debate that keeps coming up w/ Shazam/Black Adam, Hal Jordan/Sinestro, the entire Batman family, ect...just because a character has the same powers doesn't mean they have to play the same.
    I'm not saying they'll play the same. It will be the same situation as Ryu and Akuma, however. Hell, actually it'd be like Ryu and Sakura, due to Powergirl being weaker than Superman. I don't want a Sakura when I can have a completely unique character. Especially with some of the new ones I've heared about through this forum, like Circe.
  • Third, I like the character (at least the pre-New 52 version) and I want to be able to play her in a game. She's confident about how she looks and has a bad ass attitude. She's entertaining and, even at it's most competitive level, this is a game for entertainment. In fighting games people make decisions on who to main all the time based on character appeal and don't always necessarily chose the most diverse or "top tier" option. There is nothing wrong w/ people wanting a favorite comic character in the game based purely on source material reasons. It's all just personal opinion and so nobody is more right or wrong than anybody else.

...Badass, huh. From what I've been reading about her...
Opinions are opinions though.
As for character appeal, with all the females that could be in the game PowerGirl fans will have no problem picking up someone else.

People don't always pick based on playstyles, I agree with you. However, the majority of people that attend locals, keep the game alive, etc. pick their character based on "Tiers" and/or playstyle along with liking a character, rather than just only liking the source material.

• Fourth, I like the Superman family just as much as the Batman family and I feel like Superman is getting dumped on and dragged through the mud in this game....why can't the developers do his fans a solid and give an ally from his family like they did w/ Batman. The producers have stated they made character decisions based upon the story. Given Kal's great personal loss and then his extreme reactions, reactions that effect the entire planet, you would think some ally from Superman's "family" would naturally become involved.
They can be in the game, as story cameos. Also with all the people Clark knows that are close to him, I doubt Power Girl is a top contender to consolidate him.

Dang, Starfire sure pulled ahead in this poll. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to vote for Batgirl...though I hope this is meant to be Barbara Gordon Batgirl. No offense to the other two, just like Babs better.

Every time someone on TYM expresses an opinion that does not match with the theory that 'to be best game it can be every character in the game must have completely unique diversity of powers' they seem to get attacked and beat over the head with the idea. This seems to be especially lame considering that this is an opinion poll asking for your personal preference in female characters. These character diversity arguments spring up pretty often on this board. God help anyone who accidentally drops a comment that they want Robin.

IMO the diversity of powers is rightly a factor to consider but I disagree with the overly-decisive weight that factor is being given by some. That theory seems narrow minded in that it limits other valid sources of enjoyment that different types of people can get from the game:
  • Some people enjoy the idea of playing favorite character from the comics. A Black Adam fanboy isn't about to give up on his preference and say the game is now perfect b/c Shazam is in it. Maybe they'd be satisfied w/ an alt skin for Shazam but they'd probably still much prefer a unique way to play the power set between the two. Why should fans of that character be belittled for still wanting their preferred character and expressing that opinion in an opinion poll?
  • Some people enjoy having the a play-style be repeated with very subtle variations b/c they enjoy the particular play-style but they want to explore how it's effected by subtle variations. Sakura/Ryu/Ken/Akuma wouldn't be repeated in every SF if those people didn't exists.
  • Some people like the power sets of a character but wish that same power set could be played out in a completely different way... (example: MvC3's Hulk/She-Hulk). Many people in these threads have repeatedly articulated completely different, and yet still amazing, ways to play different DC characters with the same or very similar powers.
Are any of these people wrong? Are they right? No and no. People are different and hold different opinions. There is no right set of standards by which to chose characters for this game. If I express an opinion that I like Power Girl, or someone else says they like Batgirl...please stop ignoring other ways to enjoy the game and please stop parroting back the same tired idea that everyone needs to have 100% unique powers so we can see all the bright shiny new colors.

Edit: On a different note, the sissy pic find of PG is pretty damn funny