What's new

What else are you playing? Recommend a Game!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Since there are are many other games out now... what all would you RECOMMEND?

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Borderlands: GOTY, Oblivion, Mass Effect 1+2 and RE4 HD Re-Release, i am switching between these all the time with my ADD haha

Edit: of course MK9 is in there too

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
As for shooters, I play CoD, Halo, Gears... you know, all that

As for fighters, I play MK, SF, Tekken, Soul Calibur... you know, all that

For a game to play regularly with active communities, play the above. For a single player game, oh my there are too many to recommend. Narrowing down to more recent games, play Portal 2, Red Dead Redemption, Final Fantasy 13, Assassin's Creed series, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Vanquish, Deus Ex, and Dead Space 2

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I've been playing Dungeon Defenders a lot lately. It just came out on consoles, been out on PC for awhile. Try the trial out, it gives you a lot to do, kept me busy for several hours and it can be played online with your friends or random people for an infinite time. Thought it does have a level and money cap, but it carries over to the full game if you buy it.

As for what type of game it is, it's a 3rd person action co-op RPG tower defense game. A lot of fun if you're into this kind of stuff and have a few friends to play with.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I'm going to recommend some older games, since I personally view $60-70 games as a waste of money unless it's something that I've been intending to purchase for weeks prior to release.

Valkyria Chronicles (Turn-based RPG / Third-person shooter)
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Adventure / One big boss battle)
Mass Effect 2 (Third-person shooter / RPG)
Borderlands (FPS / RPG)
Dragon Age (RPG)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cole McGrath: Underrated Superhero Extraordinaire.

InFAMOUS & InFAMOUS 2 = two of my favorite games in recent memory.
Fast-paced, maniacal gameplay, compelling stories on the good and evil side, awesome platforming (especially in 2 when they upgrade flight mode), great games all around, recommend them to anyone who loves fun, electricity, and blowing shit up.
And now "Festival Of Blood," the PSN expansion for part 2, is up in the Store for $10. VAMPIRES!
The minute I get home from NEC and the training regiment can end, Cole and I are getting reacquainted and eating the population of New Marais.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Dark souls has consumed most of my time over the last few weeks, cannot stop playing it.

As for a game i would recommend : Psi-Ops: The mindgate conspiracy. If you have never played, or even heard of this game then you are already missing out. Go and find an old copy of this for Ps2 its incredibly fun. The main idea of the game is that you are a psychic super soldier, and you use a combination of guns and crazy mind powers to get about the levels. Theres also challenging boss fights, lots of puzzles, and collectables which give you some nifty challenge modes. Overall after picking this up on impulse about 5 years ago for £4 i got a lot of time out of the game, and it blew me away for what it was!

Snarfulz

Noob
SKATE 3 is one of my favorites, it never gets old, you can make you own stuff to skate. Tiger Woods. SSF4

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Forza Motorsport 4...
It's just a nice to game to play when you feel like you need to chill. I usually drift in the game so it's just a nice way to relax and take a break from MK every once in awhile. Also, there's a number of events you can play online. Whether you want to dick around with friends or try and set the highest lap times for certain tracks. The customization is also top notch, as well as the range of cars that they offer.
Gears of War 3
The multiplayer gameplay is awesome, and it makes me feel like I'm playing Gears 1 again. The campaign is alright, but it feels a little linear. Although, it does tie up all loose ends. I'm not one for campaign and storyline though, so play it for your experience. I'm just satisfied with the multiplayer, and that's all I need.

Matix218

Get over here!
The other games (besides MK) that see time in my PS3 are:

Batman Arkham City (recommend also playing through the first one before you play through the new one but not a requirement)

Gran Turismo 5 (with the dfgt pro wheel/pedals this game is simply amazing)

Uncharted 3 (haven't picked it up yet but I have the first 2 and they are amazing and I plan on grabbing this as well)

NHL 12 (if you are at all into hockey this game is soooo good)

NFS Shift 2 (A bit of a diamond in the rough for racing fans, although it has some bugs/glitches it is still a VERY enjoyable racing experience and can be had for very little money now)

Metal Gear Solid 4 (assuming you have never played this before it is a MUST play and it can be had for less than $20)

Bioshock Series (I don't like FPS games at ALL and these games still made me a fan, also very cheap since they are not new)

Just a few recommendations of games that have spent a lot of time in my PS3. Mortal Kombat spends the most time though lol

Sasuga

Noob
Im picked up Final Fantasy XIII again, I want to get the platinum trophy before XIII-2 comes out. Only 2 more to go, peace of cake:superman:

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
The titles I list here fall in two categories: ones I currently own and ones I have yet to pick up. I'll mark the titles I own with an asterisk.

1. Sonic Generations
2. Sonic Adventure *
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 *
4. Batman: Arkham City
5. Batman: Arkham Asylum
6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS *
7. Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection *
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (I lost my current copy somehow, gonna have to replace it)
9. Modern Warfare 3
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops (also lost this one, don't know what the fuck happened to it, but it is a must-play)
11. Sonic Unleashed *
12. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 *
13. Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection *
14. Rocket Knight *

All of these titles are from PS3, in case you're wondering. A few of them can be downloaded from the PSN Store at varying prices.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Game of the year nominee's include: Batman Arkham City & Uncharted 3.

Bought both games, the Collectors Editions I might add aka the $100 versions, and havent played a lick of either game yet. LIFE IS TOO BUSY!! :(

Also, later this month is the Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword. A must buy.

But i still highly recommend these 2011 gems.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
killer 7
no more heroes (wii, unless u have a ps3 then play ps3 version)
shadows of the damned
dark souls
splatterhouse
splatterhouse 2
splatterhouse 3
splatterhouse (ps3/xbox 360)
yakuza 4
fist of the north star: kens rage
resident evils 1-3 (can't stress that 1 enough)
silent hill 1-4 (thats all u need)
fatal frame 1-3
ikaruga
manhunt
tenchu: wrath of heaven
parasite eve (just the first one the rest suck!)
strider 1 & 2

and for those who are final fantasy fans play ff6 pls b/c 13 is garbage and this game is way better lmao

to find good games i just watch game reviews from ign or g4
u cant spell ignorance without "IGN"

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
We talking new games or old? I just recently got my hands on a PS3 so I've been playing MK on it along with Heavy Rain(older title). On Xbox I'm playing Gears 3, Tekken 6, SFAE and SC IV. My brain is overloaded with FG junk right now lol. I'm about to start cutting some out. Possibly SF. So...if you have a 360 pick up Gears or Alan Wake. PS3 who knows I'm new.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Dead island, if you want a good review, watch this:

There is also a lot less glitches than people say there are,

The titles I list here fall in two categories: ones I currently own and ones I have yet to pick up. I'll mark the titles I own with an asterisk.

1. Sonic Generations
2. Sonic Adventure *
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 *
4. Batman: Arkham City
5. Batman: Arkham Asylum
6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS *
7. Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection *
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (I lost my current copy somehow, gonna have to replace it)
9. Modern Warfare 3
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops (also lost this one, don't know what the fuck happened to it, but it is a must-play)
11. Sonic Unleashed *
12. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 *
13. Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection *
14. Rocket Knight *

All of these titles are from PS3, in case you're wondering. A few of them can be downloaded from the PSN Store at varying prices.
This list lost all credibility with black ops, lol.

Infamous, Heavy Rain and all Uncharted's for PS3.
Gears of War 3 and Forza Mortorsport 4 for xbox 360.
Dead Island, Mass Effect, Battlefield 3, for either console.
The Witcher 2 and Red Orchestra 2 for PC.