What's new

What doesnt make Batman the best character in injustice ?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
his wakeups arent the worst at all lol and his trait is still top 3, but it can be argued he isnt the best, at least top 3 though
I don't think he is top 3. At least not with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Batgirl, Flash in the game but he is def a top 5 contender. And even if his wake ups are not the worst he still has bottom 3 wake up options tho <3 And his match ups are very good, he has TONS of 5-5's while other top tiers have more winning match ups than him. <3

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I don't think he is top 3. At least not with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Batgirl, Flash in the game but he is def a top 5 contender. And even if his wake ups are not the worst he still has bottom 3 wake up options tho <3 And his match ups are very good, he has TONS of 5-5's while other top tiers have more winning match ups than him. <3
hmm true, top 5 then but tbh the top 7 or 8 are all just really good and yes i do agree his wakeups are bad i just cant say the worst in the game since i play GL and my only option is lift which is minus a billion. also i dont know alot about his matchups i just know he can compete in any matchup isnt his only losing one Aquaman?
Who has worse wake up attacks than Batman?
Lantern

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
hmm true, top 5 then but tbh the top 7 or 8 are all just really good and yes i do agree his wakeups are bad i just cant say the worst in the game since i play GL and my only option is lift which is minus a billion. also i dont know alot about his matchups i just know he can compete in any matchup isnt his only losing one Aquaman?

Lantern
I guess AM is his only problematic one, yes

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
1.- Yes
2.- Not at all. Batrangs are a mid (3% CHIP), leave you at plus if you meter burn. He has anti air projectiles that full combo on mb. He can chip you to death with batrangs. He outzones characters. Trait keep him going and let him rush in, plus b3 has a huge range.
3.- Nop. B2, F2, B3, J2...
4.- Not at all Jesus. 1 is +4. 113 is +5. 12 is +6. 22 is +8. b13 is +13 (cancelable into more garbage). Plus he has all the trait cancel mind games, and J2.

Man the downplay is too stronk in this thread.
Batman doesn't have a b13 string. Standing 1 is high and is d1'd by any player with any kind of competency. J2 doesn't jail into anything. F2 is only +1 and doesn't lead to anything unless you spend trait or meter. It's good, but you notice that a lot of Batman mains don't use it. B2 is good. 113 is good, but has two opportunities for poking and has pushback on the last hit which makes foll0w-ups without trait difficult, but not impossible. Follow-ups after b3(+12) are limited unless it is blocked by a crouching opponent. Also, even when B3 is active, Batman can be d1'd out of it. Another way to explain this is this: You do a B3. Batman can be hit out of the move while it is happening by any d1/d2 with range. also, due to the block stun really can't be followed up on outside of trait, which is fine. The second hit of 22 is high, so you will rarely be using the advantage off of that. same for 1. 12 is +6 and is used often. As good as Batman's pressure is, even Forever King agrees that most of his pressure can be dealt with by crouch blocking and patience. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not this godlike, unstoppable beast people make it out to be.

His strings are good if used properly, but there are holes that an intelligent player that is familiar with how the character works can exploit. He does require trait and meter to keep his pressure going, because many of his + strings can be poked out of any any patient, crouching opponent.

To review:

1(high, duckable)
1(high)1(gap)3.
2,2(high)
1(high)1,2(whiffs on crouching, low hitbox characters such as Zod, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, among others.)
B1(conditional gap dependent upon hitboxes and spacing)1, 3. If you attempt to use b113 from max range, the second hit can be d1'd by any crouching opponent.

Rude

To the OP, Batman is a very, very good character, but here's the thing: He has a LOT of even match-ups. Higher tier characters have more dominating/winning match-ups than he does. Now personally, I think that's fine. I'm glad Batman has many even match-ups.

But if he was the best character in the game, wouldn't he DOMINATE more people than he goes even with?

Batman doesn't have a b13 string. Standing 1 is high and is d1'd by any player with any kind of competency. J2 doesn't jail into anything. F2 is only +1 and doesn't lead to anything unless you spend trait or meter. It's good, but you notice that a lot of Batman mains don't use it. B2 is good 113. Follow-ups after b3(+12) are limited unless it is blocked by a crouching opponent. Also, even when B3 is active, Batman can be d1'd out of it. Another way to explain this is this: You do a B3. Batman can be hit out of the move while it is happening by any d1/d2 with range. also, due to the block stun really can't be followed up on outside of trait, which is fine. The second hit of 22 is high, so you will rarely be using the advantage off of that. same for 1. 12 is +6 and is used often. As good as Batman's pressure is, even Forever King agrees that most of his pressure can be dealt with by crouch blocking and patience. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not this godlike, unstoppable beast people make it out to be.

His strings are good if used properly, but there are holes that an intelligent player that is familiar with how the character works can exploit. He does require trait and meter to keep his pressure going, because many of his + strings can be poked out of any any patient, crouching opponent.

To review:

1(high, duckable)
1(high)1(gap)3.
2,2(high)
1(high)1,2(whiffs on crouching, low hitbox characters such as Zod, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, among others.)
B1(conditional gap dependent upon hitboxes and spacing)1, 3. If you attempt to use b113 from max range, the second hit can be d1'd by any crouching opponent.
Also his jump 2 gets beat out by a lot of j1's or even other j2's....just sayin his jump 2 is good but not stupid godlike....just sayin lol

Rude

Also his jump 2 gets beat out by a lot of j1's or even other j2's....just sayin his jump 2 is good but not stupid godlike....just sayin lol
You're absolutely right. What makes his j2 great isn't so much its air-to-air properties as its hitbox for cross-ups. It's amazing in that way.

However, if you're looking to win air-to-air trades, your best bet is j1. I've even had jump back 2s and neutral j2s beaten out by other character's jump attacks. Of course, when discussing jumping normals vs. jump 2, it gets very match-up specific.

On a scale of one-to-ten, how tight does Arkham Knight look?

Just sayin'.
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HYPED..........not gonna lie i watched that trailer like 100 times the day it came out

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Think about it, tho.
Batman needs meter to stay in. And doesnt have a vortex. Batman does'mt have a true 50-50 No teleport. Shitty wakeups. Some zoning.

Batgirl has a meterless vortex. Batgirl has unreactable safe 50-50s . Teleport. Insane corner damage. Option select retarded wakeups.
Zoning is ok.
BMs jump 2 50-50s are as ambiguous as Sinestro's. BM's zoning is tonnes better than BGs.

All of BGs wakeups are punishable.

Rude

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HYPED..........not gonna lie i watched that trailer like 100 times the day it came out
I know, right? Man, if only that costume was like extra DLC or something for Injustice.

Rude

I like this thread better now that it's about Arkham Knight instead of Batman's tier placing.

I like this thread better now that it's about Arkham Knight instead of Batman's tier placing.
Dude im so glad its next gen only. One character in Arkham Knight has more polygons than the entire environment of arkham city. Also the batmobile has so many polygons that if it was on the 360, that's all that would be on the game. The batmobile and a blank screen. Truly it will be a next gen experience and im calling it now, GOTY

Rude

Dude im so glad its next gen only. One character in Arkham Knight has more polygons than the entire environment of arkham city. Also the batmobile has so many polygons that if it was on the 360, that's all that would be on the game. The batmobile and a blank screen. Truly it will be a next gen experience and im calling it now, GOTY
Oh snap, I didn't know that. I'm very curious to see how they will implement the Batmobile into the game. It has to be done carefully, because driving sections in games are either very good, or very bad.

Oh snap, I didn't know that. I'm very curious to see how they will implement the Batmobile into the game. It has to be done carefully, because driving sections in games are either very good, or very bad.
the map will be 5x the size of arkham city. Plus rocksteady has said that they are trying to make the most badass vehicle in any game ever game. Based on their description it sounds pretty cool man