What's new

Question - Johnny Cage What does TYM think of Johnny as of 8-13-2015?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
At the moment FC Cage is easily bottom 5. He is just variationless Cage since the speedbag nerf, because fistbump is useless, to be honest. Too unsafe to activate for a very low reward.

I hope NRS makes FC shine a bit in the next patch. I'm not expecting the old speedbag to come back (which would not be bad, people just had no time to get used to it), but at least an intermediate point would be cool, the nerf was too heavy considering that was the distinctive move of the variation.

And of course fistbump needs something else, like the 2in1 stuff Liu Kang had.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
He's meter dependent, defensively terrible, incredibly linear in design, has garbage hitboxes, and has an offensive game that should *at least* make up for his weaknesses, but doesn't. Top 15 is wishful thinking and top 10 is downright delusional.
If you're talking about variationless/FC Johnny then I agree. A list is very very very good at the moment. Stunt Double is very good but isn't anything to write home about.
Shows just how bollocks this variation system is.. the only reason Johnny is still relevant is because of the hella plus run cancels in A list. Take that away and he's toast.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
If you're talking about variationless/FC Johnny then I agree. A list is very very very good at the moment. Stunt Double is very good but isn't anything to write home about.
Shows just how bollocks this variation system is.. the only reason Johnny is still relevant is because of the hella plus run cancels in A list. Take that away and he's toast.
I wrote that a month ago lol -- no idea if it still applies.