What's new

What do you LIKE about MK11?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Mileena and baraka in same game again playable.

Awesome voiceovers, shang, skarlet etc

Sindels story retcon, evil sindel best sindel imo

NRS improved there training mode even more than previous games.

I like KBs alot (even with some them being done poorly if it's requirement or payoff still really cool)

Honourable mention to the pre beta version where it's wasnt just one button to Meterburn things and it was different for each move, dunno why I liked that but I did

Raider

Noob
D'Vorah, even tho. i liked her MKX gameplay more, but i prefer her MK11 design.

Skarlet, again the gameplay is a mess but everything else is great.

Sindel, absolutely hate her in Aftermath and her retcon but everything else is great.

Jade, i love everything about her in MK11.

That's about it i think.

I like the graphics, the voice acting is great, animations are very good. I like the customisation the gear offers (I2's customisation is still far better)

Gameplay-wise I like the pace of the games, I prefer it over very offensive games like Strive where the game directly punishes you for playing defensive. The netcode is good, the practice mode is great. I've only realised how good the tutorial is in MK11 after playing SFV's and Strive's tutorials that only say "press a button to hit presses button thanks for playing the tutorial, good luck". MK11 explains everything you need to know and does not leave you in the dark. And I like the frame data being displayed in-game, I know I say that as it was an awesome feature even if it should be the norm, but there are still fighting games that require either to go on the net to browse the frame data or either to BUY a fucking DLC to get your data in-game.

And the main reasons I'm staying on the game despite its many many flaws : Skarlet & Robocop. They are my favorite NRS characters (along with I2's Cheetah) and no matter how many mechanics/characters are broken, dumb or both, I'll keep playing MK11 because I'm having fun with these two characters, and in the end it is all that matters.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
I like the graphics, the voice acting is great, animations are very good. I like the customisation the gear offers (I2's customisation is still far better)

Gameplay-wise I like the pace of the games, I prefer it over very offensive games like Strive where the game directly punishes you for playing defensive. The netcode is good, the practice mode is great. I've only realised how good the tutorial in MK11 after playing SFV's and Strive's tutorials that only say "press a button to hit presses button thanks for playing the tutorial, good luck". MK11 explains everythiing you need to know and does not leave you in the dark. And I like the frame data being displayed in-game, I know I say that as it was an awesome feature even if it should be the norm, but there are still fighting games that require either to go on the net to browse the frame data or either to BUY a fucking DLC to get your data in-game.

And the main reasons I'm staying on the game despite its many many flaws : Skarlet & Robocop. They are my favorite NRS characters (along with I2's Cheetah) and no matter how many mechanics/characters are broken, dumb or both, I'll keep playing MK11 because I'm having fun with these two characters, and in the end it is all that matters.
I am sure strive will have a good tutorial on launch. Xrd teaches you all the mechanics and how to use each one in what situation. Its extremely good imo.

I am sure strive will have a good tutorial on launch. Xrd teaches you all the mechanics and how to use each one in what situation. Its extremely good imo.
I assumed it would be more complete on release at first but I completed the SFV tutorial a few days later and I thought it was common to have very short tutorials. Nevermind then, I should have guess it was the good old Capcom way of laziness that made the SFV tutorial so short.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I also really like the character select screen. I honestly never thought I'd be more entertained than watching Red Hood pistol whip people before every match, but damnit this is better.
Coming back to comment on this as I didn't include it on my original list. The character select UI and background AI fight during level select is all just amazing. The zoomed in looks at the characters prior to selection, the zoom out and snap in of variation outfit, the showing off animations when selected, the little animations as they go offscreen for the fight to load, the AI silhouettes fighting each other in the background (and the AI having your variation moves + outfits on) -- it's all just so satisfying a way to get you hyped for the upcoming fight.

This game from a UI/UX design standpoint is just so damn satisfying all around.

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
Even though I've mostly moved to other fighters in the last year, I still preferred MK11 to MKX. I like the slower, more neutral based gameplay. Hitting a ton of buttons with Kang in MKX was a ton of fun, and I miss labbing the iafb corner shenanigans. But I personally feel like there's a lot more variety in playstyles in MK11. A lot less "get knockdown, unga bunga 50/50" mentality. That being said, I HATE the new meter system. That's really my only big gripe.

Also it's gorgeous. MKX was uggo.

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
I personally think the throw/strike gameplay is really fun and a nice change from games like KOF and IJ2 that have many many different options for your offense and block pressure.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
1. Sheeva being playable again. Still diagnosed with T-rex syndrome but atleast she makes up for it in other areas compared to MK9.

2. Graphics: Top tier. Since Inj2 NRS has really hit its stride in that department.

3. Music (title theme atleast. The rest is....... "OK" to "meh".

4. Voice acting is quite good for the most part. Liu's VA is by far my favorite of the cast. I hope they work with him more in the future.

5. Kustoms: Finally getting the freedom over what abilities you want was a long awaited thing for me. I still prefer having things the way they were pre-MKX but if variations are going to be a mainstay then this is a fine alternative.

I like the speed of the animation while getting up, very reminiscent of the "Quick Recovery" animation in MKD/MKA/MKDC. Just wish you could start to get up sooner to help reset neutral better, like QR did in those games.
I also like how soon you can attack while getting up. Reminds me of Injustice 2.

I was unsure about regenerating meter when the game released. Now I love it.

I think how breakaway worked early on in the game made the meter system look bad because of how many options defensive meter gave. It was dumb (I still think forward roll should cost 1 bar defense + 1 bar offense). But now it's my favorite meter system in any fighting game.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I was unsure about regenerating meter when the game released. Now I love it.

I think how breakaway worked early on in the game made the meter system look bad because of how many options defensive meter gave. It was dumb (I still think forward roll should cost 1 bar defense + 1 bar offense). But now it's my favorite meter system in any fighting game.
I like it too, but I understand why it's so polarizing. Building or "earning" meter has been such a fundamental part of most fighting games for so long, and especially for such meter dependent titles that NRS makes. Meter is so useful in NRS titles that usually meter build ability is a big factor in where a character places in tiers.

Like a ton of things in MK11, I love the idea behind it, but the execution and balance is lacking.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I like it too, but I understand why it's so polarizing. Building or "earning" meter has been such a fundamental part of most fighting games for so long, and especially for such meter dependent titles that NRS makes. Meter is so useful in NRS titles that usually meter build ability is a big factor in where a character places in tiers.
Yeah, it's a paradox. Everybody always says 'earning', but the truth is that the best characters often got it for free, by zoning, certain repetitive specials, or by the amount of actions they took as a result of their general offense.

Like, imagine MK9 Kabal/Kenshi/Cyrax, Martian Manhunter/General Zod, Starfire, etc. having to "work" for meter. That was almost never the case.

Something like fighting Cetrion would be far more unmanageable if you had to constantly deal with an innate meter deficit from the start.