• PS3

Votes: 14 56.0%

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You're assuming stuff though,Thing is Reo Just because Xbox had less players doesn't mean anything, both consoles had their share of talented players. I remember when people used to try to put me down and say "Quik on PS2 has the best Ermac" when word started getting around that mine was stellar, then I played him and won 16-11....and he even posted the thread saying wow MKF is the second Xbox guy to beat me in a series, the other was B N R...point is, don't underestimate some Xbox players ;) you never truly know til both players play one another...but to judge an entire console off one player is kind of ridiculous IMO. Does it really matter? I mean, hell majority on here even feel if you're going to play online then Xbox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3

Check I have the most utter respect for, I do remember him telling me a few times he prefers to discover things, do combos as oppose to play online which is understandable.... I also remember reading way back on PS2 MKO forums his main thing was combos and discovering things from PS2 players. That's awesome, but I also remember those "certain people saying "he's not really a player, just a great guy at combos and discovering things" which made me believe those were just people who had issues with the guy....so I took it with a grain of salt, but point is. Who cares at this point REO? The 3D MK's as much as I hate to say it were practically jokes in comparison to the UMK3, MKDC and now MK9 in terms of gameplay....

In saying that I'm sure Check is a great player, I've seen him play in some online vids. So I don't just believe he's a combo guy. He does seem to enjoy that a lot I've noticed.

REO

Undead
supposedly the best mkd player on xbox transferred to ps and got crushed by dave. check crushes dave. isnt it obvious who would mostly likely win?

also saying 3d mk plays better on xbox is silly when u had players like bobby & eazy manipulating lag to the extreme to the point where their styles were completely coated in lag tactics.

MKF30

BNR, he was one of the best and had the best N/S of both consoles most agreed...this is true, it's also true that I've, Alexie also did well against him....him and I always had close match ups. Although that's true I also believe BNR said he had some trouble adapting to the PS controller(much like you PS guys have trouble adapting to the Xbox one) so I won't make excuses for him but will say that probably played some what of a role. I give PS guys some slack when they play on a Xbox controller afterall.

Umm, surely they lagged but you do know PS2's gamespy lag was a joke compared to Xbox live right? I played on there, and also remember people saying Dave lagged badly for a while...Lag+Dairou=tough to beat. I didn't lag and used Dairou well on Xbox and rarely lost(not to brag but just saying) so I can imagine lag and a good dairou being for a rather lethal and frustrating combination. Dave just so you know was supposed to play a little on Xbox but he never did....

Bobby and eazy lagged for sure, I don't deny this....everyone else though didn't for the most part on Xbox. I just remember playing MK D and MKA few times way back on PSN and it sucked badly....especially for MKA, the cam was shifting ridiculously I couldn't track my opponent. It was like lag on xbox but 10x worse...

I hear Gamespy is also supporting MK9 again? Which means I'm sure live will again be the better option for net play.

But at the end of the day, MK D and MKA were yesterday and forgotten by most, taken as a joke by others...if you really want to discuss an MK game that has a lot more respect, use UMK3 and hopefully we'll be able to use MK9. Obviously, UMK3 it's Xbox by a landslide no doubt.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Why are we talking about the fail MKs again...?

Also, Rob knows what's up.

MKF30

Yeah, that's why I was saying the 3D Mk's are dead....the servers are down so who cares? We should probably be talking about UMK3 if anything and MK9 speculation.

Personally, I think most of us on here will be good in the game I'm sure but I'm not so sure about those hardcore UMK3 and 3D MK fans, they'll have to adapt to a few things. Reason why I say that is MK9 seems to have some similarities to MKDC but different in other ways, yet those guys that were in love with MK D and MKA spent like a few weeks on MKDC. MK9 is even more of a drastic change being full 2D so time will tell but I do have my predictions.

REO

Undead
BNR, he was one of the best but I've, Alexie also did well against him....him and I always had close match ups. Although that's true I also believe BNR said he had some trouble adapting to the PS controller(much like you PS guys have trouble adapting to the Xbox one) so I won't make excuses for him but will say that probably played some what of a role. I give PS guys some slack when they play on a Xbox controller afterall.

Umm, surely they lagged but you do know PS2's gamespy lag was a joke compared to Xbox live right? I played on there, and also remember people saying Dave lagged badly for a while...Lag+Dairou=tough to beat. I didn't lag and used Dairou well on Xbox and rarely lost(not to brag but just saying) so I can imagine lag and a good dairou being for a rather lethal and frustrating combination. Dave just so you know was supposed to play a little on Xbox but he never did....

Bobby and eazy lagged for sure, I don't deny this....everyone else though didn't for the most part on Xbox. I just remember playing MK D and MKA few times way back on PSN and it sucked badly....especially for MKA, the cam was shifting ridiculously I couldn't track my opponent. It was like lag on xbox but 10x worse...

I hear Gamespy is also supporting MK9 again? Which means I'm sure live will again be the better option for net play.

But at the end of the day, MK D and MKA were yesterday and forgotten by most, taken as a joke by others...if you really want to discuss an MK game that has a lot more respect, use UMK3 and hopefully we'll be able to use MK9. Obviously, UMK3 it's Xbox by a landslide no doubt.
whole point is if there was a cross over on mkd and mka im sure ps would win due to the reasons i stated above.

and umk3 is ass on xbox. i dont see the point of even discussing that game on xbox when theres mame and an offline scene?

MKF30

Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know lol but at this point, most of those players are gone or don't care about them anyway at this point.

As for UMK3, it plays way better on Xbox then Mame...Mame sucks, it lags and has issues that aren't worth the time as far as I'm concerned. If both people have decent connection I can't see why you can't enjoy the game casually. I don't believe for a second that Mame is more legit vs. xbox or DS because netplay is netplay, none of them are offline.

mkf please stfu about me. i was a great umk3 player during the 90s. i won many tournaments back then. i quit umk3 in 1998 and didnt touch it unitl i played lex in 2002 and shock in a break tourney. i am not that great now but i do not touch the game. i maybe have played 8 times since 1998. i was great in mkdc but i'm not that great now because i dont play it. years later you gonna say "from what i hear tom wasnt that great at mkdc"?how about mkda or MK4? many considered me one of the absolute the best overall players back then but i guess since i dont play it anymore that you hear "tom wasnt all that great at mkda or mk4" either.

just shut the fuck up please mkf.

REO

Undead
Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know lol but at this point, most of those players are gone or don't care about them anyway at this point.

As for UMK3, it plays way better on Xbox then Mame...Mame sucks, it lags and has issues that aren't worth the time as far as I'm concerned. If both people have decent connection I can't see why you can't enjoy the game casually. I don't believe for a second that Mame is more legit vs. xbox or DS because netplay is netplay, none of them are offline.
dude umk3 is ass on xbox even offline. u must be high or really misinformed. mame is the closest port to the arcade version. and im not even gonna comment on the ds version.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Everyone settle down, stop with the pissing contest. Back on topic now. These kinds of discussions are so pointless and cause so much unnecessary drama. They lead absolutely nowhere and they will not be tolerated. Back on topic, please.

Tim Static

Adminerator

Dude, there is no comparison between Mame and XBL. You dont use mame, had some trouble running it,therefor you dont know how it runs. Yea, you use XBL and thats cool, but get serious. We dont use XBL for offline tournies. Does that not tell you anything?

MKF30

Sure Tom....btw go away already, keep pulling that shit here and I'll make sure you're not a problem for me(unlike another site where drama is allowed) think again before stalking me on here because I won't have any part of it...

Sounds good to me, not going to get into a flame war with random people.

I wonder if they'll make a game for Wii or/ 3DS and PSP 2 which they kind of hinted at but not right now, besides just Xbox and PS3.

Tim I've had mame, had bad experiences with it so I'm using that to judge. It's not like I never played on it, I did just didn't like it as much as Xbox :) nothing will ever compare to offline though.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Sounds good to me, not going to get into a flame war with random people.

I wonder if they'll make a game for Wii or/ 3DS and PSP 2 which they kind of hinted at but not right now, besides just Xbox and PS3.

Tim I've had mame, had bad experiences with it so I'm using that to judge. It's not like I never played on it, I did just didn't like it as much as Xbox :) nothing will ever compare to offline though.
ok but whatever you did with it, you werent running it right. its the best thing you can use for UMK3, MK2 or MK1 without using a cab with jamma boards. Even then, its night and day when mame vs cab

MKF30

lol, ^ I'll keep my Xbox version :)
p.s. tim actually I did install it correctly but it didn't work online...lol trust me. Besides the control config was also irritating.