Votes: 14 56.0%

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

DanCock

Cock Master!!
because it is! Come on, Dan, we'll teach you, young padiwan! :D
LOL thanks, but they are all competitive in their own way ;)

ill be at NEC this year and im thinking of going to the one ur hosting next year.. and ill play and get owned in UMK3

RoGE

Noob
that may be true for UMK3... but for MKD and MKA there was alot more competitive players on the PS side. cant speak for MK vs DC either im unsure.
MKDC had more of the better players on PS3 as well, just ask Tom Brady

Tim Static

Adminerator
I strongly believe the PS3 side would woop the XBL side... afterall, the Xbox players all have fail d-pads. :)
its only an excuse. good players would win on either controller. at least the 360 controller has a d-pad, unless Sony's directional buttons :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
its only an excuse. good players would win on either controller. at least the 360 controller has a d-pad, unless Sony's directional buttons :)
Maybe we should make a poll of who likes or dislikes the Xbox controller for fighting games? ;)

Good player or not, that d-pad is not meant for MK.

RoGE

Noob
Not really for some people, its pretty much agreed upon by TONS of people that the 360 D-pad is ass, why do you think they are changing it? I guess there is SOME players that do good on 360 pad but there are more that prefer the PS3 pad.

So again, no, its not a "excuse" for some.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Maybe we should make a poll of who likes or dislikes the Xbox controller for fighting games? ;)

Good player or not, that d-pad is not meant for MK.
the 360 d-pad is actually great for fighters like SF, KOF which are more quarter circle motions. Its more reminiscent of the old Sega Saturn pad which is considered the best fighting game pad of all time.

and PADS are meant for fighting games anyways :)

Not really for some people, its pretty much agreed upon by TONS of people that the 360 D-pad is ass, why do you think they are changing it? I guess there is SOME players that do good on 360 pad but there are more that prefer the PS3 pad.

So again, no, its not a "excuse" for some.
ps3>360 pad.. However the PS2 pad>PS3 PAD
its not a pad! directional buttons. besides, Nintendo's d-pads are top tier, everytime all the time :coffee:

DanCock

Cock Master!!
the 360 d-pad is actually great for fighters like SF, KOF which are more quarter circle motions. Its more reminiscent of the old Sega Saturn pad which is considered the best fighting game pad of all time.

and PADS are meant for fighting games anyways :)

its not a pad! directional buttons. besides, Nintendo's d-pads are top tier, everytime all the time :coffee:
i meant the controller, the whole thing from top to bottom.
segas controller is better then the xbox controller. comparing the 2 is silly. 360 d pad is bad, dreamcast dpad is great. please dont compare them..

i love this picture, a good controller holding a good phone :D

RoGE

Noob
lol I remember the D-pad for the SNES hurting my thumb back then when I played SF for the SNES. The classic controller however looks very legit.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Its all about the fightstick!

I hope I can play MK9 on a TE. I will have big issues if I cant use it.

Other than that, and as far as controllers go, I would go with the PS3 pad. The 360 pad is horrible, I had to buy a Riaders 360 pad for MKvsDC cause the default 360 pad was ass.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Roge, not sure if that's a fair assumption because of Tom(from what I hear he's not that great in UMK3) and MKDC online=fail lol. Both consoles had their share of good and mediocre players. The 3D MK's had more players on PS2 so there was more comp but Xbox also had a lot of good players, just less at the time...I remember when I was in my prime in MK D not one player I could not handle from either side but then again, the game was super glitchy. At any case, given the amount of MK2 and UMK3 people I've noticed on here and classic I'm betting MK9 will have more comp from Xbox but we'll see...

As for the d-pads, they all fail except for the SNES or N64 D-pad's stomp Xbox and PS by farrrr....if you can't use a stick like me, then you have to agree the SNES is the best D-pad ever made arguably....

REO

Undead
@Roge, not sure if that's a fair assumption because of Tom(from what I hear he's not that great in UMK3) and MKDC online=fail lol. Both consoles had their share of good and mediocre players. The 3D MK's had more players on PS2 so there was more comp but Xbox also had a lot of good players, just less at the time...I remember when I was in my prime in MK D not one player I could not handle from either side but then again, the game was super glitchy. At any case, given the amount of MK2 and UMK3 people I've noticed on here and classic I'm betting MK9 will have more comp from Xbox but we'll see...

As for the d-pads, they all fail except for the SNES or N64 D-pad's stomp Xbox and PS by farrrr....if you can't use a stick like me, then you have to agree the SNES is the best D-pad ever made arguably....
dude ps side had check, thats a win by default as far as 3d mks are concerned.