What's new

What character do you see as the scrubbiest?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Mk11 has a lot of of fresh ideas and that’s cool but, some characters definitely seem to benefit from these new “new player friendly” mechanics more.

Devs seem to be finding more and more ways for you to get out of bad situations because new players don’t like when they can’t move. Just look at GG strive and how they changed the corner so it breaks and sends u mid screen again. This is obviously gonna benefit axl (dhalsim style archetype) more than potemkin (grappler with movement speed of wet turd).
Yeah, literally rip corners in that game, which was ultimately one hell of a situation to be in and braingasm when the game is technical enough that it was a position that you had to earn.
Tekken had this until season 2, you couldn't put characters on the corner as they do since season 3 and ultimately made the game less fun.

U can? I saw a lot of streams and I never ever saw a wall break combo kill. It always just took them to a magic pixel. I think I only saw a guy die once from a super when he was splatted. I mean obviously u can die while splatted but the wall breaking doesn’t seem to kill?
I was never able to kill with a wall break in the beta. Even Pot's guard break death string didn't /actually/ kill, just left them at the magic pixel.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Probably because fighting games are based on turns and taking your turn after your opponent is - on block shouldn’t be a mind game.
The opponent is taking a risk to try and take their turn when they're negative though.

I agree that fighting games are based on turns, but I think what makes fighting games interesting is figuring out ways to steal a turn from your opponent. I like the fact that not everything is pure guaranteed set play.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
It happens too often though, even in hard-read situations. A friend of mine consistently disrespects plus frames from most characters because the game allows him to do so with reasonable chance of stealing the turn. After one frustrating session he and I labbed this with both Shao's and Sub's F4 (+6 and +4 respectively). I'd do the move, he'd mash d1 on block, and I'd mash my own d1 trying to follow up on the plus frames. He was able to poke me out of the follow-up almost 50% of the time, maybe a little lower for the +6 kick. That should almost NEVER happen with moves that are that plus on block.

With that in mind it's no surprise to me at all what a mess turn-taking is in this game.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I get that. But to me that sounds like either an execution issue, or if you know the opponent is going to immediately try and mash out a D1 then walk back and whiff punish.

I feel like in this game when you're in a situation where you're +6 or +4 you're still very much in the drivers seat when it comes to dictating the action. It's just not as simple as "do my guaranteed safe pressure string". And like I said above, I think that's fine. Different fighting games are going to treat these situations differently, there's no one right answer.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It happens too often though, even in hard-read situations. A friend of mine consistently disrespects plus frames from most characters because the game allows him to do so with reasonable chance of stealing the turn. After one frustrating session he and I labbed this with both Shao's and Sub's F4 (+6 and +4 respectively). I'd do the move, he'd mash d1 on block, and I'd mash my own d1 trying to follow up on the plus frames. He was able to poke me out of the follow-up almost 50% of the time, maybe a little lower for the +6 kick. That should almost NEVER happen with moves that are that plus on block.

With that in mind it's no surprise to me at all what a mess turn-taking is in this game.
Bro they literally added a mechanic where your moves will be buffered after recovery for this exact situation. Not trying to be a dick but you should have been able to land it before this change with practice and now it should be really easy, to be honest. It should never happen, because you should have good timing. If you are mashing, you aren't timing it, you are mashing.

• Most Basic & Kombo Attacks now allow for button input buffer during their last 4 frames of recovery
These cats are talking about being flawless block reversal'd when they want to counter opponent's minus frames or when they want to press their own offense. Your complaint was common for a while, but then they made the change I linked.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Fair point - the labbing I spoke of predated that patch by quite a bit so everything I said is possibly irrelevant now. I'm not really playing anymore either, so my interest is mostly academic... but It's good to see they finally did something about it.

U can? I saw a lot of streams and I never ever saw a wall break combo kill. It always just took them to a magic pixel. I think I only saw a guy die once from a super when he was splatted. I mean obviously u can die while splatted but the wall breaking doesn’t seem to kill?
Oh my bad, I misunderstood you. Yeah, the wall itself can't kill but you can RC them off the wall to squeeze some more hits in before the break if you need the extra.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw

That sounds like a you problem

I main dvorah, and she has a +1 string (not even +4 or 6 like your examples) and i get my d1 after it pretty much every single time before my opponent gets theirs because i know my timing to do so

Try labbing it more with input delay on so you get the timing down more consistently