What's new

Question - Fisticuffs What changes would you do to Fisticuffs?

Wigy

There it is...
Playing around with jc in practice i feel some.

Ex flipkick needs to not launch them away like it does, it should grant a full combo like the regular (COMPLETELY USELESS) one does.

The regular flipkick has 0 utility its a slow AA that gets beat out by JIP's consistently, hasnt even got combo application....

Ex ballpunch works with certain Jips at certain ranges but its not consistent and is
Hella hella whiff punishable

JC needs an antiair!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Cage needs nothing, if 114 hit HMM it would be pretty nice. You guys are dreaming with most of the shit in this thread and making cage players look bad with this pointless discussion again for maybe 3rd time since the nerf?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Playing around with jc in practice i feel some.

Ex flipkick needs to not launch them away like it does, it should grant a full combo like the regular (COMPLETELY USELESS) one does.

The regular flipkick has 0 utility its a slow AA that gets beat out by JIP's consistently, hasnt even got combo application....

Ex ballpunch works with certain Jips at certain ranges but its not consistent and is
Hella hella whiff punishable

JC needs an antiair!
Man, Nutpunch is reliable.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Cage needs nothing, if 114 hit HMM it would be pretty nice. You guys are dreaming with most of the shit in this thread and making cage players look bad with this pointless discussion again for maybe 3rd time since the nerf?
We are not talking about Cage in general, only about Fisticuffs, which of course needs help right now.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
We are not talking about Cage in general, only about Fisticuffs, which of course needs help right now.
It doesnt need help, it does everything its meant to do. MKX doesnt have a place for chip damage buffs when you can take over half of someones hp in a mixup and leave them in a position where if they guess badly you are probably taking the round.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
It doesnt need help, it does everything its meant to do. MKX doesnt have a place for chip damage buffs when you can take over half of someones hp in a mixup and leave them in a position where if they guess badly you are probably taking the round.
If Fisticuffs is supposed to be the variation they sold us in the reveals and kombat kasts, then it needs help without doubt.
Because they sold it as the full pressure variation, the most similar to mk9 Cage, the "chip'em to death" variation. And especially after the last nerf, this is completely false.

I think this variation was something fresh in a roster full of characters with 50/50s. He could compete in a different way, and now he can't. I doubt that removing unique stuff benefits the game in any sense.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
I think Fistbump needs to lead to more chip damage. There are safe ways to activate already so I don't know if speeding it up would be a viable buff. Also I don't feel bad asking for more chip, because Reptile has a variation where he does damage without even touching you. Fisticuffs JC has to work hard to get in and has to work hard just to do more chip than the other variations.

In a post where everyone is pretty much in agreement that cage needs something, you post he needs "nothing" but don't go into detail why, sure this is probably making all the cage players "look bad" you know who else "looked bad" for whining?

The Kenshi players
The Shinnok players
The Kitana players

And the community sure showed them a thing or two!

Right guys?
Right?...

Hello?

Wigy

There it is...
Man, Nutpunch is reliable.
I have frequently armoured the JIP and whiffed the ballpunch, maybe i need to work on timing.

Long range jip's like kotals and sonyas it does this frequenty, it works excellent on crossovers though.

Against J3 its not reliable at all.

Still would be nice to have some utility for the flipkick, the only use is crossups in the corner.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I have frequently armoured the JIP and whiffed the ballpunch, maybe i need to work on timing.

Long range jip's like kotals and sonyas it does this frequenty, it works excellent on crossovers though.

Against J3 its not reliable at all.

Still would be nice to have some utility for the flipkick, the only use is crossups in the corner.
You are correct, it only works against close and deep jumping attacks.
It's almost useless against the best Jump punches like Kung Jin, Kung Lao, Kotal, Cassie etc.....and totally useless against Jump kicks.

Wigy

There it is...
I'm not even sure what you're saying but if you're saying fisti needs no changes..

A list and stunt double are pretty much better in every way. The variation has no utility, the tradeoff for extra chip (when you can get it up) is nowhere near worth it, and the b121 string is pretty pointless now. If you stagger it, thats basically a 14 frame mid the second time... 'Rushdown pressure' lol.

A list and stunt double are tournament viable so its idealistic thinking any changes will happen to cage from now on, though i think we'll never really see JC place high as he doesn't have that really dirty dirt all the top tier has.

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
-4? Don't give bad ideas to nrs xD
Well if that is what it takes for b1 to get reverted to 9 frames I'd take it. Overall I felt like pre-nerf Fisticuffs was fine; it did well in some matchups while doing poorly in others. It doesn't need some huge overhaul. A retweak to b121 and a hastened Fist Bump are all he really needs to be viable next to his other variations. The other things like a F3/F34 frame change or a F4 hitbox change would just be bonuses in my opinion. Fisticuffs can be a viable variation without 50/50s or a +10 or more blockstring.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
@ismael4790 @Wigy @Rodney Quillz
Get off the "cry for buffs" circle jerk, what the fuck is this thread seriously wanting like 8 or 9 frame b121 which is -1 on block for all hits? What about fist bump being activated after nutpunch? We dont even get a jump in off that any more (RIP MK9) so come on really? Changes to stuff like f3 frames to get in safely? Hmm ok...
If you cant see why it got nerfed the way it did then you obviously have never seen top players try to react to mid hitting armour breaking stagger strings in ~10-15 frames. Oh wait you have... that was "hype"!

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
After all has been said, it's interesting that Tempest Lao's 112124 string has stayed the same but Speed Bag has been nerfed, despite being harder to escape and the ability to continue it due to a lack of pushback and use of meter.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
After all has been said, it's interesting that Tempest Lao's 112124 string has stayed the same but Speed Bag has been nerfed, despite being harder to escape and the ability to continue it due to a lack of pushback and use of meter.
Interesting but would rather see KL's version gone too rather than old speed bag back on the cards.

Wigy

There it is...
Get off the "cry for buffs" circle jerk, what the fuck is this thread seriously wanting like 8 or 9 frame b121 which is -1 on block for all hits? What about fist bump being activated after nutpunch? We dont even get a jump in off that any more (RIP MK9) so come on really? Changes to stuff like f3 frames to get in safely? Hmm ok...
If you cant see why it got nerfed the way it did then you obviously have never seen top players try to react to mid hitting armour breaking stagger strings in ~10-15 frames. Oh wait you have... that was "hype"!
Smokey. If you read my post earlier i agreed his speedbag needed nerfed cause he was dumb in the quan matchup etc

But i don't see how you can say he shouldn't have got something in return, since in most matchups he was completely fine and the nerf ruined him

The variation is now completely without purpose, im not crying for buffs, a thread was made to see what changes to this variation could happen to make it vaguely viable compared with the other two, cause at the moment its useless.

If jc never gets a buff im okay with it, as long as the inconsistency from hitbox issues is sorted.

Its just a discussion chill out,

what role does fisticuffs fill in mkx at the moment

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Fisticuff pressure is inferior to pretty much every other character, I don't know why some are so hostile towards buff suggestions.

Shinnok, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Hish Qu Ten, Kobu Jutsu, Hellfire, Jax etc...can't be compared really

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Interesting but would rather see KL's version gone too rather than old speed bag back on the cards.
I think they should have given fisticuffs one of the two nerfs, but not both.

The reality is that DJT got this character nerfed, and there wasn't long enough for people to develop defense.

Wigy

There it is...
I think they should have given fisticuffs one of the two nerfs, but not both.

The reality is that DJT got this character nerfed, and there wasn't long enough for people to develop defense.
Tbh though. What could quan have done? Just frame uppercut. Thats it

And since it was 0 on block and 9 frames that would be a read not reaction.

So its basically a just frame guessing game that leads to 30% on hit and if u by some miracle landed the uppercut thats 14% but you're still in the corner

Lets not play that down, that was crazy dumb.

BUT since he was fine in other matchups that nerf should have come with a buff

Somea2V

Thread Referee
It's adorable when a Know-Nothing gets salty.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
I just want this variation to go from "that decent corner pressure" variation to the "sacrifice everything else in exchange for great chip" variation.