What's new

General/Other - Jax What changes to Jax would you like to see in KP2?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
These threads are popping up all over and many have been an interesting read. So, here's one for Mr. Briggs.

Now, obviously Jax is in *some* peoples discussion for top 5, but who knows what the future will bring? Am evolving meta and an expanding cast with what we HOPE are further changes to lower tier characters could all effect Jax down the road.

This is just meant as a FRIENDLY discussion about Jax and changes you feel he might need. This is NOT a buff thread, we all know he doesn't need buffs in that sense, so please don't misunderstand my purposes here.

I am new to Jax and so my opinions are few. Some may disagree with me, but the only change that really comes to mind is I wish Pumped Up distinguished itself a little more. I know its supposed to have functional zoning and its definitely different from his other variations, but it has little that I feel is unique.. Just somewhat different/better versions of what he already has in other variations.

Pumped Up , to me, sounds like it should be based around some kind of damage/chip/speed/power/something buff. I remember reading its name for the first time and saying 'oh I bet that's a damage buff variation ala Pain n Gain, or Kotal or Kano's , or even FF LK and Fisticuffs JC. Now the moves referred to are not necessarily what those variations are based around, but you get the idea.

I'd love to see Pumped Up receive something like that.

Again , this is just meant as a friendly/musing/what-if thread. Don't go ballistic on me for making it for a character as crazy strong as Jax and don't go equally nuts about my 'what-if' damage/whatever buff move for PU. It's all in good fun and for the sake of discussion.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I honestly think he is both really strong and plays decently honest considering his tier position. With the correct reads he can blow you up, but there is a counter to everything.

I'm guessing some people will ask for a overhead nerf but if you were to nerf the overhead don't make it cancel just make it slower so it can be reacted to so it promotes a response from your opponent. Would only need to be adjusted a few more frames to be in the realms of reactable.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Take life one day at a time
That's what a wise man said to me.
He said, "Life, in all it's complexity
Is the ultimate test for you and me."

When you walk holding your head up high
For the masters watching you from the sky
I know not what trouble lies ahead
Before you fight, use your head.

It's time to leave my nest where you were born
This journey you must make alone.
(Spread your wings and fly)
There's a power deep inside you, an inner strength
You'll find in time of need.
(The Glow)

Like the seasons, love will come and go
If it's right, you'll automatically know.
The world of mystery exists only in your head.
When you become one with yourself
The wall will fall

The journey now before you is the final test
You've learned your lesson well.
(I can teach you no more)
There's a power deep inside you, an inner strength
You'll find in time of need.
(The Glow)

You are the Last Dragon
You posess the power of the Glow
:DOGE

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think Jax is perfect as-is. He's definitely the most honest top-tier. He has trouble against zoners, but if he gets in he can give them a run for their money. The only thing that sucks is that his MB.bf2d can still lose its ability to combo in some instances based on the opponent's hitbox (like hitting the opponent while they are in certain attack or recovery animations). It would be nice if this was made a little more consistent, but really it's not a huge deal.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Actually, one small change. d12 needs to be fixed. Currently if the d1 hits, you can still block the d2. I don't think a single other string in the game can still be blocked once the first hit connects. And since it's negative on block, that means you will almost always be left negative for using d12 as pressure.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
While it seems cool at first, I find b2 (overhead) with its safe option select to be annoying.

I would like to be able to cancel from b2 even on block. In heavy weapons (probably the only benefiting variation) I could just law cancel back to safety plus gain meter and maybe be a dick and try another mix up after the cancel.

Twas stated this is not a buff thread but I would like just one more plus 12 cancel string.

Thank you Santa

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
Pumped ups best tool and asset is the super gg, the extra damage is nice but it's the restand that's amazing, especially in the corner. Pumped up also gets way better mid screen damage off of any touch and better meter less damage overall. Not to mention he gets inescapable otgs with his ex ground pound that compliment his amazing plus 7-8 on block projectile. I've been a day one jax main, and in my mind there's simply no doubt whatsoever that he is top 5, the problem is, there's about 7 characters in this game that are top 5 lol.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
His d2 needs more priority or a better hit box because I'm anti airing on reads with it and I'm still getting hit by JiPs also give wrestler a bit more advantage on his last slam and give the anti air grab more priority,fix go to and other hit box issues, fix 123 rc becoming 123 machine gun just because my inputs are lightning speed, make up machine guns hit box bigger or something that thing is useless,his njp is ass and will whiff sometimes,remove the shitty timing for the last slam give us an extra frame or two to hit all four buttons I want that fucking brutality,3f4 can be comboed midscreen sometimes and most other times it can't,regulate the gravity in the corner,f212 2+4 last hit will sometimes whiff remove Tanya from game.

Kingshootahz

The only thing I think he needs is a quad grab buff. Either increase the damage on ex quad and keep the execution as is, or keep the damage as is and lower the execution threshold.
Execution on naked quad is cake and even in combos it's just my fingers mess up the dbf input sometimes and I get a gotcha grab instead I guess I need more practice

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Dammit, one more, last one, I promise. His Major Pain move is ass and could use some tweaks. It's supposed to be an anti-air, but it doesn't have enough priority to be effective. As a wakeup, it whiffs more than it hits (against crouching or even neutral jumps!), and it doesn't lead to anything. There are definitely worse moves in the game (Hi Jacqui! <3), and it's not the end of the world if Jax has one booty move, but I certainly wouldn't mind a better hitbox/priority.

Kingshootahz

Dammit, one more, last one, I promise. His Major Pain move is ass and could use some tweaks. It's supposed to be an anti-air, but it doesn't have enough priority to be effective. As a wakeup, it whiffs more than it hits (against crouching or even neutral jumps!), and it doesn't lead to anything. There are definitely worse moves in the game (Hi Jacqui! <3), and it's not the end of the world if Jax has one booty move, but I certainly wouldn't mind a better hitbox/priority.
Go make a wrestler guide like the pumped one without that shit my Jax would still be doing 1-1 all day

byAidan

I'm just looking to level up, ya feel?
Jax is fine in my opinion. We've seen what he can do because of Dab, Jupiter, and Tyrant. Some people might complain that he lacks in the neutral game, but that's completely unnecessary with Jax. Jax thrives on corner pressure, hence the fact why he has no good footsies.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
While it seems cool at first, I find b2 (overhead) with its safe option select to be annoying.

I would like to be able to cancel from b2 even on block. In heavy weapons (probably the only benefiting variation) I could just law cancel back to safety plus gain meter and maybe be a dick and try another mix up after the cancel.

Twas stated this is not a buff thread but I would like just one more plus 12 cancel string.

Thank you Santa
what option select?