What's new

General/Other - Jax What changes to Jax would you like to see in KP2?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Things he needs:
B34 OH dash punch hit on goro
F2 hitbox fix on the rest of the cast. *Still wiffs on some characters* *Not as bad as before but still*
Easier last hit on quad slam
Uh Idk maybe give him a skin with his normal arms. Idk

Things i want:
Being able to dash out of ground pound. Not run cancel. And it cost stamina.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh yeah, forgot about Goro. A lot of Jax's overhead dash punch combos totally whiff on Goro for no good reason. Jax's arm just phases right through Goro's massive body. Considering Goro can actually be a really tough matchup for Jax, they really do need to address this.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
what option select?
On hit b2 can be canceled into a special like OHDP, LAW, gotcha grab etc.

On a blocked B2 nothing comes out. This keeps you safe and is a built in option select.

Most people find this useful but IMO they should make b2 so it's always able to be cancelled.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Actually, one small change. d12 needs to be fixed. Currently if the d1 hits, you can still block the d2. I don't think a single other string in the game can still be blocked once the first hit connects. And since it's negative on block, that means you will almost always be left negative for using d12 as pressure.

This is intentional. No one can combo off their d+1.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is intentional. No one can combo off their d+1.
Right, and that's fine. The issue is that Jax has a unique string in d12, but the 2nd hit can always be blocked, even if the first hit connects. What's the point in making it a dial-in string if it doesn't behave like every other string in the game?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
No other string starts with a d+1.
That's correct. But Jax does have a string that starts in a d1. It is literally a string, like f21 or b23. Other characters don't have d1 strings but Jax does. No other character has Gotcha Grab either, but when I press db1 with Jax, that's what I get.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah but since it's a unique situation it has the no combos from d+1 rule applied to it.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
People need to stop thinking of D1D2 as a string and more like b2b Pokes. You can armor through D1 and the D2 and after D2.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Oh yeah, forgot about Goro. A lot of Jax's overhead dash punch combos totally whiff on Goro for no good reason. Jax's arm just phases right through Goro's massive body. Considering Goro can actually be a really tough matchup for Jax, they really do need to address this.
Just replace bf2d to bf4 with goro in corner and ur golden

UPR_Nova

Noob
Actually, one small change. d12 needs to be fixed. Currently if the d1 hits, you can still block the d2. I don't think a single other string in the game can still be blocked once the first hit connects. And since it's negative on block, that means you will almost always be left negative for using d12 as pressure.
I honestly think the purpose of that string is to catch a counter poke from the opponent. Now I'm not saying that's the best option, considering we have a plethora of unsafe things to do in order to catch button presses but I feel it revolves around catching someone poking. Just remove it. I don't use it and all it does is tempt me and get me in unsafe habits against lesser opponents, which results in me getting blown up for it against competition.

F2 drives me nuts occasionally. It whiffs on a stand blocking Takeda because he is trying to look like Neo when he is stand blocking. It doesn't whiff all the time but I have to change my ranges in that matchup that I personally already struggle with. Call it lazy if you want. All the other inconsistencies with f2 are also worth of mention, as they already have been by previous posters.

In regards to the OP, I think Pumped Up is what you want him to be. He damages you more every time he touches you, especially in the corner where he gets up to 55% for one bar depending upon the starter. He also has the restand so at the very worst, you do a little bit of chip on top of that massive combo you just landed for some icing on the cake. 22% armored reversal isn't bad at all either.

Also in regards to honesty, yes, he is the most honest of the top characters. There are glaring holes that can be exploited but it takes a knowledgeable opponent to scout and take advantage of those holes. If you get to the point where you are able to press buttons against Jax for free, then you have fought the good fight and won (unless you catch 40% for getting greedy). I think people do what their intuition says and they don't challenge when in reality you SHOULD challenge. You have to know where the Jax is looking to armor or OH DP and go from there. If you block, you'll get chipped and tossed around the screen. Is it brutal pressure? Yeah. Is it Kobu level? No. All I know is I have background with Ermac and Jax feels more along those lines of honesty than most others. Please don't get me wrong though. Ermac is one of the most honest character in the game, if not the most and that's why he blows.

Necessary (not really because he doesn't need a damn thing in all honesty):
~ Fix f2 consistency
~ Ummmmmm....yeah

Quality of Life:
~ Map a new normal to f4 - f3 strongly outclasses f4 in my opinion
~ Make b2 able to be cancelled on block - I think it was previously mentioned, not sure
~ Make the command grab inputs more lenient for less damage or more damaging as is - as per previous post which is perfect solution in my opinion
~ D2 improvement - taking it a little far, trust me I know; more priority because as it stands you have to scout more than react; can't complain too much though because it hits behind his neck lol
~ Armored f2 :joker:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
People need to stop thinking of D1D2 as a string and more like b2b Pokes. You can armor through D1 and the D2 and after D2.
The problem is that it's listed in his strings section, alongside all of his other strings. If literally doesn't make any sense for it not to be a string, and anyone would be totally justified in assuming it works the same way as every other string in the game.

If it could be interrupted on block, like any string with a gap, that would be totally acceptable and make perfect sense. But as it stands, Jax can actually be punished severely by some characters even if they don't block the first hit. That's pretty fucked up.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
The problem is that it's listed in his strings section, alongside all of his other strings. If literally doesn't make any sense for it not to be a string, and anyone would be totally justified in assuming it works the same way as every other string in the game.

If it could be interrupted on block, like any string with a gap, that would be totally acceptable and make perfect sense. But as it stands, Jax can actually be punished severely by some characters even if they don't block the first hit. That's pretty fucked up.
I have been thinking the very same thing. But I usually do command grab after it coz almost every time they block the second hit so... Ggs

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ
Things he needs:
B34 OH dash punch hit on goro
F2 hitbox fix on the rest of the cast. *Still wiffs on some characters* *Not as bad as before but still*
Easier last hit on quad slam
Uh Idk maybe give him a skin with his normal arms. Idk

Things i want:
Being able to dash out of ground pound. Not run cancel. And it cost stamina.
to be fair jax is one of the fair character in the game bt he has so many holes in his strings so please close some of them ,make the last throw of his quad grab easier to execute ,123 the last hit must be fixed to stop wiffing ,fix his neutral jump punch ,increase the startup on the machine gun it's useless as it is ayt this is enough for me

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
That's correct. But Jax does have a string that starts in a d1. It is literally a string, like f21 or b23. Other characters don't have d1 strings but Jax does. No other character has Gotcha Grab either, but when I press db1 with Jax, that's what I get.
This is for tick throws and tight cancels into advantageous things for Jax, the opponent needs to be on their toes to blow up D1D2 cancels with armor, because the gaps pass by so fast. D1D2 string moves Jax forward, and can provide tick throws for wreslter on either hit, a minus 4 gotcha grab meterbuild and space creator, or an energy wave all if the opponent chooses not to respect it. If you think the opponent will armor through, then you cancel one of the hits into your own armor. You have to use the tools that are given to you.