What's new

Question - Kenshi What changes Kenshi deserves if there is a new patch?

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
How did you interpret that as "He balances the game to troll"? I'm saying that he would rather troll those communities than properly balance the game where all characters are viable @Tony at Home

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
As far as Kenshi buffs go, Not gonna ask for much for fear of "that's way too much he'll be BRRRRROOOKE" so here are a few suggestions

Balanced
-30 on whiff tele flurry
+6 on block EX Push
EX Overhead slash launches for a combo
EX Parry recovers health for each successful EX Parry

Kenjutsu
-7 on DF1
-11 on push
+5 on EX Push
EX DF1 recaptures opponent if they get caught in the air ala Goro's EX Punchwalk
EX Parry recovers health for each successful EX Parry

Possessed
Fixed tracking on BF3
DB1 Whiffs fixed
EX tele 16 frame startup
DF4 +8 on hit

Add REO's to this and he should shoot up the tiers... Hopefully

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I just want them to give him a chance lol. If he is too strong after a few serious buffs than it's not like they can'y bring him back down a little. Something that hasn't been mentioned although it's a possessed buff/fix: EX teleport should have different properties when standing. Right now it gives armor on wake up but does actually nothing when you are standing. Just a waste of a meter.

I seriously have no clue how this one flew under the radar, it's outright broken. Then again, why am I surprised?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Yeah I've given up all hope for kenshi. I know people like chef and tonyjabreaker think he is good. But I don't agree with them. And NRS refuses be make balanced viable. I want him to be good, but it isn't happening, I've accepted my fate

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's funny how this thread reminds me of how on June 27th 28th etc of 2015 we were literally saying the exact same thing lol. -.-

One last patch may release, and if it does, the patch notes will only infuriate us even more.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
It's funny how this thread reminds me of how on June 27th 28th etc of 2015 we were literally saying the exact same thing lol. -.-

One last patch may release, and if it does, the patch notes will only infuriate us even more.
Nah, just nerf the top 15 variations and we have a whole new game.

Alien before...

Alien after...

Something that hasn't been mentioned although it's a possessed buff/fix: EX teleport should have different properties when standing. Right now it gives armor on wake up but does actually nothing when you are standing. Just a waste of a meter. I seriously have no clue how this one flew under the radar, it's outright broken. Then again, why am I surprised?
For your information: At some point during the startup frames, Scorpion's EX Teleport has a hit of armor only on wake-up. If it is done standing, he doesn't get armor. With this in mind, chances are that Possessed's EX Teleport having armor only on wake-up is intentional.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Makes sense . it is a lancher , but is anyone in mkx who has armour move lancher that is safe ? because if there is , i can make this claim lol
im gonna trust you , but if you are lying i will make noise lol
So wait, instead of actually looking in depth across the game to see if anyone does have plus on block armored moves, you're admitting you've done no research on this, have taken somebody else's word on it and expect NRS to actually value your requests and make according changes upon disclosing how limited your knowledge and experience with the game clearly is?

Never change, Kenshi forums.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Suggestions for Balanced Kenshi:

(1) 1,1,1 Should be -5 ( @Wushu Warrior )

(2) 4,4,1,2 There should have no gap between 1 and 2

(3) S3 should have better startup

(4) EX Tele-Beatdown (B,F+3+BLK) Should be Mid with faster startup, does 10% and doesn't knock the opponent full screen, but rather a very small distance.

(5) EX Tele-Beatdown is -25 on Block

(6) Add a new move EX Tele-Launcher. This is done after EX Tele BeatDown:

After EX Tele BeatDown is successful connected on Hit, Kenshi can spend another bar of meter to perform EX Tele-Launcher for an extra 5% and with a follow up combo.

(7) EX Tele-Launcher Launches the opponent High enough to the point that Kenshi can run to the opponent from full screen to perform the follow up combo. For Example, run 4,3xx BF3

(8) Instead of giving him EX Tele-Launcher. they can give him EX Tele-Stun. its the same concept of EX Tele-Launcher of using 2 meters, but instead of of Launching the opponent. the opponent is stunned and Kenshi can run up to the opponent for a follow up combo: for example, 2,1,1,2+4 Run 2,2xxDB1 run 43 BF3

Tweedy

Noob
My 2 cents.

Kenjutsu probably shouldn't receive any changes if we're gonna see a round of nerfs to the better characters in the game. Less recovery on F2 would be cool, though.

Balanced does crazy damage and has great armor, so lets not get too crazy with buffs. We should definitely see a buff to the EX versions of bf3 and overhead slash. Overhead slash should probably not be minus on hit as well.

Uhhhh, I don't know about EX push being plus on block. Maybe if he receives some aforementioned changes and there's 3-4 patches with KP3, and he's still trash, they could do that. Just remember that he gets about 40% for a bar in a lot of cases and 30% meterless. The move is already multi hitting armor that's -2 on block. It's a special as well so it's gonna do some chip and build you meter back, if blocked. I just see it getting a little too crazy with other changes and nerfs to other characters. Maybe i'm wrong.

I almost wanna say give all of Kenshi's variations Possessed's jump 1, because the one in Balanced and Kenjutsu is so annoyingly bad right now, but if they made it work correctly, it would probably be busted. Possessed's jump 1 is pretty good imo, especially if they nerf other jump ins. They need to.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Btw, B2 in Possessed and Balanced is a completely pointless move. In Kenjutsu it's nothing special, but at least it's an overhead. There is absolutely no reason to use the move in the other two variations.

They should give a purpose to this move, making it a footsie tool. Probably involving the sword so it has more range.

Zabru

For your information: At some point during the startup frames, Scorpion's EX Teleport has a hit of armor only on wake-up. If it is done standing, he doesn't get armor. With this in mind, chances are that Possessed's EX Teleport having armor only on wake-up is intentional.
You missed my point. Imagine scrop's EX teleport being identical to his normal teleport, except it has armor during wake up. See what I mean? It's broke.

You missed my point. Imagine scrop's EX teleport being identical to his normal teleport, except it has armor during wake up. See what I mean? It's broke.
Really? So that's why I never see my brother use it. Time for a buff wish: Possessed's EX Teleport should be allowed to be performed in the air and have decreased start up/descent travel for possible frame traps/even better blockstring pressure.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Really? So that's why I never see my brother use it. Time for a buff wish: Possessed's EX Teleport should be allowed to be performed in the air and have decreased start up/descent travel for possible frame traps/even better blockstring pressure.
I also think Possessed should be able to teleport in the air, like Shinnok. It would help a lot the variation.

Zabru

Fuck yes!

Zabru

I also think Possessed should be able to teleport in the air, like Shinnok. It would help a lot the variation.
But only the EX. Because we aren't scrubby like Shinnok and secondly cause it could kinda work in our advantage if ya think about it.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
So wait, instead of actually looking in depth across the game to see if anyone does have plus on block armored moves, you're admitting you've done no research on this, have taken somebody else's word on it and expect NRS to actually value your requests and make according changes upon disclosing how limited your knowledge and experience with the game clearly is?

Never change, Kenshi forums.
Research ?!!! Do you work on jurassic park or something ? lol its just a game , and i lost patience with mk9 . mkx is for fun to me . relax DR .Grant

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
I just want them to give him a chance lol. If he is too strong after a few serious buffs than it's not like they can'y bring him back down a little. Something that hasn't been mentioned although it's a possessed buff/fix: EX teleport should have different properties when standing. Right now it gives armor on wake up but does actually nothing when you are standing. Just a waste of a meter.

I seriously have no clue how this one flew under the radar, it's outright broken. Then again, why am I surprised?
What if is EX df 4 special was a overhead lancher ? that way , he would have db4 hitting low and df 4 overhead to compensate his lack of overhead and shity normals . i feel haters coming lol

Ex rising karma HAS to be negative, it's an armor launcher that leads to +30% combos into fullscreen carry. Now it is -17, I would make it -15.

Probably you are refering to EX Spirit Charge, which should be plus indeed.
Well... ex rising karma is glitched.. if you absorb with armor then kenshi also absorbs the block stun preventing the player from extending combos
Try it out, do a normal ex rising karma run cancel 4,3 Teleflurry. Then do ex rising karma on someone's string (scorpions 2,1,4) then you won't be able to run cancel

I also agree that ex rising karma should be negative, but.. -17? I'd say only -12.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

I'm trying it now and it has armor when standing. :confused: