What's new

West Coast Warzone ft. Blind Ducky - Episode 4

4x4lo8o

Noob
What does it matter if the GGA meta is "incomplete" if they're doing well against the characters they don't play once they come up against them? PPJ single handedly beat a top Batman player, a top MMH, and Tyrant's Superman at NEC.
But PPJ lost to a pocket Superman at Kumite, the "top" MMH he beat hadn't broken out of his local scene yet(that's not a knock on Jupiter, obviously he's the best MMH now and a top player, but back at NEC it's harder to make that case), and a severe lack of mu experience looked like it might have been a significant part of the reason he beat Darth Arma. It's still early and hard to say what a lot of tournament performances indicate about the metagame

Chef has tournament wins with Shazaam against Aquaman and Superman. It doesn't mean he can do that consistently.

I don't think it's a blow up of GGA of necessarily and I don't mean this as a prediction, but it's possible that as they start to show up to tournaments and bring these 'lower tier' characters into top 8 and make them look like a threat that people will learn those match ups and take them seriously when they might not have been before(I don't think anyone was preparing for Hawkgirl going into NEC, for example) and that could make repeating those performance much more difficult. So in that sense the "incomplete meta" might mean something

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I don't wana see you get your back blown out no mores :c
I won't

I didn't know DP was -5 and d12 blows up follow up

I didn't know I can parry in between hits one and two on of normal and MB drop kick

I didn't know I could also MB b3 in between the drop kick and MB drop kick hits as well despite any venom

Ugh

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I won't

I didn't know I can parry in between hits one and two on of normal and MB drop kick

I didn't know I could also MB b3 in between the drop kick and MB drop kick hits as well despite any venom

Ugh
These are the kind of little things you have to figure out in each MU to make them 100% easier.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I won't

Ugh
You can parry the drop kick thing?!? I didn't know that. Weird. Whatever Raven can reflect supes mb breath so fuck you.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What does it matter if the GGA meta is "incomplete" if they're doing well against the characters they don't play once they come up against them? PPJ single handedly beat a top Batman player, a top MMH, and Tyrant's Superman at NEC.
We "talk too much".

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
But PPJ lost to a pocket Superman at Kumite, the "top" MMH he beat hadn't broken out of his local scene yet(that's not a knock on Jupiter, obviously he's the best MMH now and a top player, but back at NEC it's harder to make that case), and a severe lack of mu experience looked like it might have been a significant part of the reason he beat Darth Arma. It's still early and hard to say what a lot of tournament performances indicate about the metagame

Chef has tournament wins with Shazaam against Aquaman and Superman. It doesn't mean he can do that consistently.

I don't think it's a blow up of GGA of necessarily and I don't mean this as a prediction, but it's possible that as they start to show up to tournaments and bring these 'lower tier' characters into top 8 and make them look like a threat that people will learn those match ups and take them seriously when they might not have been before(I don't think anyone was preparing for Hawkgirl going into NEC, for example) and that could make repeating those performance much more difficult. So in that sense the "incomplete meta" might mean something

This is all true. That's not what Chef is criticizing us for though, he implies we "talk too much" and act like our locals are the end all when it comes to deciding the tier lists. This makes no sense to me. The fact that I've asked for clarification and got no reply tells me Chef doesn't actually pay attention to what we say and this was all either fake hype to promote SCR and/or bitterness we don't acknowledge Cage Redfield as a top player.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Yeah I'd have to agree with coolwhip on this in that I'm having a difficult time with the whole "other scenes and their meta" discussion when groups like GGA are traveling and doing well in tournaments WITH Supermans, Black Adams, Aquamans, etc. I mean in a perfect world everyone would get to play everyone to level up their matchup knowledge and geography wouldn't be an issue. Until the Netcode/latency online tech gets to that level though you're going to have scenes/players who refuse to play online.

EDIT:
This is all true. That's not what Chef is criticizing us for though, he implies we "talk too much" and act like our locals are the end all when it comes to deciding the tier lists. This makes no sense to me. The fact that I've asked for clarification and got no reply tells me Chef doesn't actually pay attention to what we say and this was all either fake hype to promote SCR and/or bitterness we don't acknowledge Cage Redfield as a top player.
See I didn't perceive it solely as an unfounded blowup of GGA. It seemed like he was trying to comment on how there could be misconceptions in the viability of certain characters because of the lack of prevalence of "top-tier" characters at a scene (like GGA).

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I won't

Ugh
d.12? We don't have a d.12 string lol.

If you check the Bane forum, me and Qwark have a back-and-forth about the move in a topic which should tell you most of everything you need to know. Also to answer the question on "if we don't MB can you still punish", its pretty much universal that most characters can but they have to be fast about it since Bane is -31 while falling, not upon landing. I don't know Zod's parry stats as far as recovery goes. The thing is Bane can use his dropkick at any point while rising just about, so you have to be careful because a late dropkick can't be parried if you try to get an early one. From what I've found, Bane is like... -16 after landing? (you can hit him with a Double Punch but I have trouble landing a b.2). If you are just hitting it as Bane is coming down, then yeah its not hard really but its definitely not optimized.

Its also hard for some characters because of the whole cross-up part of it, especially if the parry requires a directional command like Killer Frost.

MB b.3 only works if you have a slower MB b.3 because a lot of character with faster ones (If you watch GGA you'll see it a bit) go under him without hitting while he air-stalls for that one second. Zod might be able to if he holds it for like half a second.

Its the little things, though MB VU is a safety-net more than anything. Move is a bit whacky in that it gives like +13 or so at the right distances, but you'd be better off just dashing under him and getting a full combo punish.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM

If you check the Bane forum, me and Qwark have a back-and-forth about the move in a topic which should tell you most of everything you need to know. Also to answer the question on "if we don't MB can you still punish", its pretty much universal that most characters can but they have to be fast about it since Bane is -31 while falling, not upon landing. I don't know Zod's parry stats as far as recovery goes. The thing is Bane can use his dropkick at any point while rising just about, so you have to be careful because a late dropkick can't be parried if you try to get an early one. From what I've found, Bane is like... -16 after landing? (you can hit him with a Double Punch but I have trouble landing a b.2).

Its also hard for some characters because of the whole cross-up part of it, especially if the parry requires a directional command like Killer Frost.

MB b.3 only works if you have a slower MB b.3 because a lot of character with faster ones (If you watch GGA you'll see it a bit) go under him without hitting while he air-stalls for that one second. Zod might be able to if he holds it for like half a second.

Its the little things, though MB VU is a safety-net more than anything. Move is a bit whacky in that it gives like +13 or so at the right distances, but you'd be better off just dashing under him and getting a full combo punish.
He's talking about Zod's d12

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

If you check the Bane forum, me and Qwark have a back-and-forth about the move in a topic which should tell you most of everything you need to know. Also to answer the question on "if we don't MB can you still punish", its pretty much universal that most characters can but they have to be fast about it since Bane is -31 while falling, not upon landing. I don't know Zod's parry stats as far as recovery goes. The thing is Bane can use his dropkick at any point while rising just about, so you have to be careful because a late dropkick can't be parried if you try to get an early one. From what I've found, Bane is like... -16 after landing? (you can hit him with a Double Punch but I have trouble landing a b.2). If you are just hitting it as Bane is coming down, then yeah its not hard really but its definitely not optimized.

ZOD d12

And every b3 works , hold it till he lands

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Can they venom up during the uppercut? If they see you holding MB B3, couldn't they go to lvl 3 on reaction and break your armor?
Nope. Sadly dropkick is a lot like Ring Toss/Slam in that it doesn't benefit fully from venom. Even if you chug level 3, the dropkick doesn't get the projectile invuln or armor breaking properties.
However, if the Mb b.3 isn't a character-changing movement (like how Bane's character model actually backs up a bit, etc) then a non-MB'd VU will actually just go clean over an enemy because Bane naturally lands on the other side when done from like... point blank. Zods is a similar case where unless he is taking steps backwards after the VU comes out, his b.3 will move him forward and Bane will just float past him anyways. There is timing you can do, of course, to hit Bane out of it. You also have to be careful because a Mb b.3 at the wrong time will just result in a pushblock.

EDIT: Just tested it, Bane's VU when not MB'd is like -20, give or take a few frames in his favour once he lands (not while landing) since you can land b.2 but not f.1

Last edited: