What's new

West Coast Warzone ft. Blind Ducky - Episode 4

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Hoo boy. @Blind_Man once again joins @EGP Wonder_Chef and myself to discuss the recent Kumite in Tennessee tournament, including the biggest upsets, best match and who the real " (insert char) of America" is for certain characters. Later on, Chef and I take a nice little stroll down memory lane as we recall the events leading up to, and of, Devastation 2011. Also, talks of an impending team war are talked about that simply must it be missed!

MP3 version: http://www.mediafire.com/?dj0rpi0e522yxtl

Follow all of us on Twitter and enjoy!

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Do these come out every Wednesday? Starting to look forward to this like KTP.
If it doesn't come out every Wednesday, well then of course it doesn't; this is some typical West coast bullshit.
Barring complications, there should be one every Wednesday, yes.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I will take @Doombawkz 's place since I don't know if he's listened to this. But the D2 Bane cancels have been known for a long time, prob since May.

In fact I remember a time where the Banes where talking about it on here, prob around Jun-Jul. Our top Banes acknowledged it but felt at the time that the games meta hadn't evolved enough for it to viable. That time has arrived.

There were also other examples of things Max did that we had talked about long ago, pre-patch and much of it in may (there are threads and even a few vids on this site!). But many shit on us everytime we talked tech so much so that many of us quit talking tech for the most part in public.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Hella GGA downplaying and discrediting here from Chef . Very irritating. Especially coming from a WNF cheerleader who can't even admit another region has a "....of America" without beating around the bush bringing up WNF regulars.

We've done well at both national tournaments we've gone to, can we please stop being treated like goofball clowns who don't know what's going on?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's especially annoying hearing Chef say GGA are too cocky or act like MU cops when Chef has acted like more of an authority on Catwoman than I have. For months I can barely get a word in without him, SBB or another WNF guy telling me I don't know that I'm talking about and Rebelloing me. I don't think Slips or PPJ ever post mu opinions. PPJ WON NEC and doesn't run around playing MU cop as much as two hosts of this show.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
For christs sake WNF and Hype Skype put out tier lists while GGA barely talks mu in public yet we have Chef here angry we talk too much.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Hella GGA downplaying and discrediting here from Chef . Very irritating. Especially coming from a WNF cheerleader who can't even admit another region has a "....of America" without beating around the bush bringing up WNF regulars.
In this very podcast I say that Harold is the Flash of America, Saltface is the Harley, Max is the Bane (possibly Grr, hard to tell), I even said that you were Catwoman of the world.

We've done well at both national tournaments we've gone to, can we please stop being treated like goofball clowns who don't know what's going on?
I never contested you guys' results.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
I don't think there's any question that I am the WW of America after KIT. Things could change at SCR, sure, but I don't intend to let that happen

edit: thanks for the podcast, it's a good listen so far

EGP Wonder_Chef

I don't think there's any question that I am the WW of America after KIT. Things could change at SCR, sure, but I don't intend to let that happen

edit: thanks for the podcast, it's a good listen so far
Yeah for sure based on what you've done.

Of course I'm rooting for Anton to take that from you at SCR!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
WNF never released a tier list and the Hype Skype one was just for fun.

Also I never even said you guys talk about matchups too much...

SBB's tier list was basically WNF Tier List. Let's not stand on ceremony here.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Also there's no reason GGA has weird characters on top other than coincidence. Our best players just happen to like those characters. Slips played Scorpion in MK9 and continues to use him in this game. Max liked Baraka and now Bane because they are evil and angry. PPJ likes gimmicks and swag combos so he plays his team. We have people at GBS playing top tier characters, they just don't do as well(usually, we had MMH in the GF two weeks ago). It's not like we're getting lucky and playing nothing but shitters so shitters can win. Maybe we're actually good? Maybe that's how we can compete nationally. We did the same thing in MK. GGA's top 3 were Cage, Kitana and Smoke.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What are you talking about, you mean the one where he got matchups from tons of different people around the world and like less than 1/4 were WNF people?

No, the one that was basically WNF Tier List but with people's names on it to add credibility.

Remember when we tried to speak up about MU like Lex vs. CW and got blown up and then a few weeks later my training partner won NEC?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Also there's no reason GGA has weird characters on top other than coincidence. Our best players just happen to like those characters. Slips played Scorpion in MK9 and continues to use him in this game. Max liked Baraka and now Bane because they are evil and angry. PPJ likes gimmicks and swag combos so he plays his team. We have people at GBS playing top tier characters, they just don't do as well(usually, we had MMH in the GF two weeks ago). It's not like we're getting lucky and playing nothing but shitters so shitters can win. Maybe we're actually good? Maybe that's how we can compete nationally. We did the same thing in MK. GGA's top 3 were Cage, Kitana and Smoke.
I never said you guys were bad at all, geez. NOBODY even insinuated that you guys were bad. What are you even talking about?

No, the one that was basically WNF Tier List but with people's names on it to add credibility.

Remember when we tried to speak up about MU like Lex vs. CW and got blown up and then a few weeks later my training partner won NEC?
@SonicBoomBrad didn't skew any of the matchups by what he thought... he used all other people's numbers and mashed them together...

Also even if he did how would that represent any of WNF's tier list? Everyone disagrees on matchups a LOT at WNF.

I think you're being more than a bit too paranoid right now...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Didn't I ask at one point why certain people's opinions overrode others? Specifically about the Bane-BA MU being 5-5 by what Max said, but 6-4 by what Han said, and it was still listed as 6-4 despite Max having more concrete exp in the match-up?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Didn't I ask at one point why certain people's opinions overrode others? Specifically about the Bane-BA MU being 5-5 by what Max said, but 6-4 by what Han said, and it was still listed as 6-4 despite Max having more concrete exp in the match-up?

Yes. This was happening nonstop.

Bane vs. Black Adam was a big one. A lot of Max's were overrode. BTW guess what happened at KIT when Max fought Smarr? Black Adam's back was broken. Hey maybe we're actually on to something here with Bane.