Votes: 8 7.3%
  • No, PS4 is more impressive.

Votes: 54 49.5%
  • No, I'll stick with my current gen.

Votes: 18 16.5%

• Total voters

nwo

Noob
I was already into PC gaming by 2002, so the Xbox one and ps2 were only slightly impressive. By the time the 360 and ps3 came out, consoles were a complete joke in my world.

I remember buying a ps2 at Target when it was new and being disappointed by the graphics, because I had already owned a Sega Dreamcast previous.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Also for those interested in the next generation of consoles you should check out the ZaKa Podcast by Tokyobassist and your truly.

Episode 3: Shut Up and Take My Money, Next Gen Console Discussion

Like/subscribe and please comment and share with friends.

natey2k4

Noob
Why would I buy a system that does less?
lol why would you buy a system that isn't made for gaming?

Sony makes a system with VIDEO GAMERS in mind. X-Box makes a freaking media center - charges their gamers online fees, charges their gamers licencing fees (used games), makes them install 15-20 GB games on a fairly small harddrive (500 GB is going to evaporate fast with games/DLC). Their basically slapping the customers that made the X-Box big right across the face and trying to appeal to a different audience. It's not going to go well.

I have a Wii, 360, and PS3 this generation. I skipped the Wii U, I'm going to skip the XBox One, and I'm solely going with Playstation next generation. Sony is focused on making a gaming system WITH better exclusives. Why the hell would I buy the XBox One?

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
lol why would you buy a system that isn't made for gaming?
Because my life isn't all games (well, it kinda is, but there's more to it than that), and I've seen no evidence that the PS4 can do anything for games that the new Xbox can't do. I use my current console as media center now, so a more capable media center that also plays next-gen games sounds like a good investment to me. There's also the issue of PC integration, tablet integration, cloud storage... a lot of little things that make my PC gaming experience so compelling that I would like to see carried over into my console gaming experience.

Also, charging people for used games is fine by me. I'd rather my cash goes to people who make games and not retailers who simply resell the product. The day we shed physical media entirely and I can simply pay for a use license will be a happy one indeed.

I really don't care for the whole idea of my console being socially interactive with skype facebook and other crap while having to be connected at least once a day. I have no interest in participating in their gaming version of big brother.

On the plus side the new controller looks like they finally won't have a shit d-pad.
I wonder what happens if you don't connect online once a day. Will it blow up?

and can very much be unconfirmed if they deem it would put them at a disadvantage.......
No shit, Sherlock? Woooow, it would put them at a disadvantage!?
What do we know about the X-Box One (which was confirmed by Micro$oft for the most part, but even if it didn't...)

1. You will need to register to your X-Box Live account. That means buying used games won't be that easy, since you will need to pay a fee to be able to play them. But how big will the fee be? 5 bucks? LOL! Then you could simply borrow a game from someone and unlock it on your X-Box for 5 bucks, while they bought it for the full price one day before!
The fee will be huge and if you buy a game used for 30 bucks and then have to pay (maybe) 50 bucks, you're screwed.

2. The X-Box will in fact be always on. It won't disturb your gaming experience (at least I hope so and by now I hate the word "experience" and the word "content"), but in the background the X-Box will be online and scan those games.
"What's so bad about that? When I play a singleplayer game on my PC, I'm online as well" ... Well, Timmy ...

3. The X-Box One will only run, if Kinect is on as well. Kinect is an important part of the X-Box One. What is Kinect? It's a camera that listens to you - all the time... and the X-Box One is online.
So what we will have now is a new gaming console in your room, that is always online with a camera sitting on it and monitoring you, waiting for you to say the magical words "X-Box on, and I hope that you didn't stream my fapping-sessionto Micro$oft!"

4. Some of the stuff that the X-Box One will feature like the TV shit and so on, won't even be available in the most other countries. I live in Germany and we don't have access to that shit later on. It's US exclusive and I think I even read somewhere that even people from Canada won't have access to some of that stuff, which is plain fucking stupid.

5. Not only will the console not be backwards compatible (which is acceptable to a degree), but it won't even let you carry over your X-Box Live Arcade stuff and I know people who have a looot of that stuff.

6. 15 exclusive games? 8 out of them are new franchises? Ask yourself how many of these games overall will be based on the shitty ass Kinect idea. The first game that got leaked is "RYSE"... Yeah, they didn't let that shitty idea die, where you're a gladiator and fighting againts other gladiators by wielding your hands and feet. UUUUUH, GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE AND I HOPE THEY ADD ADDITIONAL CONTENT LATER ON!

I'm not a hater. I have a X-Box 360 and I think that it's the best console this generation, even though X-Box Live Gold costs money and there are not as many exclusives available as for the PS3.

But the X-Box One? I am SHOCKED. I am SHOCKED and disappointed by the stupidity and the greed Micro$oft comes up with. Everyone was always bitching how Micro$oft is greedy and I didn't want to believe it, but by now? After all that? I'm done with their consoles.

They're testing you. They're trying to find out with that they can get away with. We need this internet uproar right now. We need them to realize that what they're coming up with is fucked up and everything else than user-friendly.
They're taking away options from you as a consumer. They're not giving you more options for your money. They don't care about you. They're arrogant and stupid.

Even if they decide to pull all of that shit back and offer you a regular console without most of the bullshit, it's already over for Micro$oft and their new X-Box One. They've already lost the console for next gen, even if they come up with Rare and Killer Instinct (BIAAAAS) - they have lost the war.

If anyone is still thinking about buying the X-Box One, then that person is a pityful tool. There is basically not even one argument that speaks for the X-Box One over the PS4, if you're a gamer and worried about the gaming experience. Not even one single argument. And for the love of God, which I don't believe in: DO NOT BUY A X-BOX ONE. DO NOT BUY CA$HCOM GAMES USED. DO NOT BUY DAY 1 DLC AND REAL ENDINGS.
Please, stop being tools and finally start voting with your wallets.

By now I really hope that Micro$oft won't take any of that crap back (since they're only supposed to be "scenarios"), so that they bomb HARD and the PS4 easily prevails as the next gen gaming console.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
No shit, Sherlock? Woooow, it would put them at a disadvantage!?
What do we know about the X-Box One (which was confirmed by Micro$oft for the most part, but even if it didn't...)

1. You will need to register to your X-Box Live account. That means buying used games won't be that easy, since you will need to pay a fee to be able to play them. But how big will the fee be? 5 bucks? LOL! Then you could simply borrow a game from someone and unlock it on your X-Box for 5 bucks, while they bought it for the full price one day before!
The fee will be huge and if you buy a game used for 30 bucks and then have to pay (maybe) 50 bucks, you're screwed.

2. The X-Box will in fact be always on. It won't disturb your gaming experience (at least I hope so and by now I hate the word "experience" and the word "content"), but in the background the X-Box will be online and scan those games.
"What's so bad about that? When I play a singleplayer game on my PC, I'm online as well" ... Well, Timmy ...

3. The X-Box One will only run, if Kinect is on as well. Kinect is an important part of the X-Box One. What is Kinect? It's a camera that listens to you - all the time... and the X-Box One is online.
So what we will have now is a new gaming console in your room, that is always online with a camera sitting on it and monitoring you, waiting for you to say the magical words "X-Box on, and I hope that you didn't stream my fapping-sessionto Micro$oft!"

4. Some of the stuff that the X-Box One will feature like the TV shit and so on, won't even be available in the most other countries. I live in Germany and we don't have access to that shit later on. It's US exclusive and I think I even read somewhere that even people from Canada won't have access to some of that stuff, which is plain fucking stupid.

5. Not only will the console not be backwards compatible (which is acceptable to a degree), but it won't even let you carry over your X-Box Live Arcade stuff and I know people who have a looot of that stuff.

6. 15 exclusive games? 8 out of them are new franchises? Ask yourself how many of these games overall will be based on the shitty ass Kinect idea. The first game that got leaked is "RYSE"... Yeah, they didn't let that shitty idea die, where you're a gladiator and fighting againts other gladiators by wielding your hands and feet. UUUUUH, GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE AND I HOPE THEY ADD ADDITIONAL CONTENT LATER ON!

I'm not a hater. I have a X-Box 360 and I think that it's the best console this generation, even though X-Box Live Gold costs money and there are not as many exclusives available as for the PS3.

But the X-Box One? I am SHOCKED. I am SHOCKED and disappointed by the stupidity and the greed Micro$oft comes up with. Everyone was always bitching how Micro$oft is greedy and I didn't want to believe it, but by now? After all that? I'm done with their consoles.

They're testing you. They're trying to find out with that they can get away with. We need this internet uproar right now. We need them to realize that what they're coming up with is fucked up and everything else than user-friendly.
They're taking away options from you as a consumer. They're not giving you more options for your money. They don't care about you. They're arrogant and stupid.

Even if they decide to pull all of that shit back and offer you a regular console without most of the bullshit, it's already over for Micro$oft and their new X-Box One. They've already lost the console for next gen, even if they come up with Rare and Killer Instinct (BIAAAAS) - they have lost the war.

If anyone is still thinking about buying the X-Box One, then that person is a pityful tool. There is basically not even one argument that speaks for the X-Box One over the PS4, if you're a gamer and worried about the gaming experience. Not even one single argument. And for the love of God, which I don't believe in: DO NOT BUY A X-BOX ONE. DO NOT BUY CA$HCOM GAMES USED. DO NOT BUY DAY 1 DLC AND REAL ENDINGS.
Please, stop being tools and finally start voting with your wallets.

By now I really hope that Micro$oft won't take any of that crap back (since they're only supposed to be "scenarios"), so that they bomb HARD and the PS4 easily prevails as the next gen gaming console.
i don't even want to know why you wasted your time writing an essay to respond to me, you said it yourself it was a test, no shit sherlock LOL

i don't even want to know why you wasted your time writing an essay to respond to me, you said it yourself it was a test, no shit sherlock LOL
Only the first sentence was a direct response to you and your Captain Obvious moment.
Everything else was my take on the entire story. Don't want to read it? You don't have to.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Simple answer: No.

Extended Answer: Gimme Ouya already.

In reality, I'll likely buy it if I get the opportunity, but really, the only console that looks remotely interesting is the Ouya.

I personally find the Oculus Rift more interesting than anything MS or Sony showed. I don't think I'll be buying either console.

Here are more things I hated about the entire event:

1. The screamers ... Micro$oft really hired screamers ... And that's really pathetic. When they were announcing the most stupid BS like DLC exclusively for the X-Box Done, or better say X-Box None - since that's the amount of people who will buy that shitty ass console ... the screamers started yelling and hyping that shit up. And they didn't stop. They were screaming through out the entire presentation.

That's one more low point for humanity. To actually come up with that shit and think it's a good idea.

2. Steven Spielberg ... I love nearly all of his movies and I'm digging the idea that he will be involved in a Halo series, but FFS why can't he come up with his own thoughts and sentences? Why does even he have to read a - my Micro$oft produced text from a piece of paper placed in front of him? He may be old, but he is not that old that a different approach would be too much for him.

PS: Fuck the new X-Box.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Here are more things I hated about the entire event:

1. The screamers ... Micro$oft really hired screamers ... And that's really pathetic. When they were announcing the most stupid BS like DLC exclusively for the X-Box Done, or better say X-Box None - since that's the amount of people who will buy that shitty ass console ... the screamers started yelling and hyping that shit up. And they didn't stop. They were screaming through out the entire presentation.

That's one more low point for humanity. To actually come up with that shit and think it's a good idea.

2. Steven Spielberg ... I love nearly all of his movies and I'm digging the idea that he will be involved in a Halo series, but FFS why can't he come up with his own thoughts and sentences? Why does even he have to read a - my Micro$oft produced text from a piece of paper placed in front of him? He may be old, but he is not that old that a different approach would be too much for him.

PS: Fuck the new X-Box.
I agree with your post here and you previous ginormus post.

People we need to reflect on this gurrent gen before moving into the next one. Lets looks at some of the BS that has come this Gen...

Pre-Order exclusive BS content that is actually on the disk and you must pay for later if you want it and didn't Pre-Order it. (IGAU did this sadly). Day 1 DLC, not only day 1 DLC, but DLC that in some games was absolutely integral to the gameplay and even the story of the game(ME3), Micro transactions, on disk DLC, Always Online DRM, Subscription to play a games online using YOUR MONTHLY PAID INTERNET CONNECTION, Subscrpitions to watch YOUR PAID SUB FOR NETFLIX. Online passes for used games, consistant yearly sequals that are the same game with a new map pack(CoD). Now that I pointed most of the evilness from this gen lets look at where we stand for the future of gaming consoles.

X1 will require and persistant online connection, though not as intrusive ya still gotta check in with Mommy to play a game, lets see sounds like always one DRM to me, what if the servers go down IDK guess your not doing shit now.

Mandatory game installs, hey the PC market does this all the time right, wait a minute please register your game by typing in the CD-key provided on in the box, LOL really on a console, which equates to NO USED GAMES, NO LENDING, OR RENTING. I guess maybe to try the game before hand you better hope those critics are spot on, oh wait they always give any publisher that pays them enough to say every game is a 9 or 10.

Now we speak of the Kinect 2/Big Brother, a camera device ALWAYS ONLINE in your own living room, this device has facial reconigtion, lest we forget the patent to allow them to monitor you through this device to MICRO-MANAGE DRM to ensure the right amount of people who paid are viewing your downloaded content. Now some of you are gonna call me paranoid or a conspiricy theorist, which I am not, but shall we look at this thing in a different perspective please, I just obtained a BS Degree in Criminal Justice, I was also a former Intel. analyst in the military, so with that said, currently fed., State, and Local law enforcement can warrant an ISP(Internet Service Provider) the ability to gain access to a suspect's email, well guess what MS can watch your living room possibly anytime they want, whats to say this wouldn't extend further to law enforcement and give them surviellence access to your home now.

Finally I want to say you may buy a game or a movie, but in reality on this console you don't own said game/movie, you just paid full price to RENT the game/movie,

Just by looking at the trends and practices used on the consumers this current gen I can say we had all been tested and because many who did not show the resolve to hold their wallet and impulsivly bought into all these bad practices, we all just told them we are ok with it all. Well we need to draw a line in the sand finally and that time has come. Regardless if you are a fanboy or not it is time to put one's foot down and show MS and this industry that we don't want this BS, I for one will never even want to be in the same room as ths console let alone even consider buying it, which BTW you still aren't buying it, your only renting it, because if you don't agree to having there invasive BS services, you just spent money on a brick. We can admit what we want claiming we want an enterainment center, but should you really have to pay this much to watch TV. These so called exclusives and 8 new IPs, well who wants to bet how many are gonna be Free 2 Play digi. only microtansaction based, who wants to bet they will utilyze the Kinect, who wants to bet that they will also be online only.

This is it I have drawn the line those who wanna buy this BS go ahead feel free, but when MS suddnely says oh we are sorry we lost your account, or oops did you forget your password, well sorry no content for you.

This is the last I will say anything, just lets all remember we the consumers brought most of this on ourselves.

aj1701

Noob
Man people don't get it at all. I'm using my console now to watch tv and movies or play music. I'm sure the ps4 will have similar features as well. Game only console's are gone and have been for a while.

People need to stop complaining its doing too much; any system that can play games well can do all the other stuff included with ease. Its not like it won't play games, man. Not being a fan boy either, I'll likely get a ps4 since I already have a ps3 but can't say for sure until more is known about both.