Votes: 8 7.3%
  • No, PS4 is more impressive.

Votes: 54 49.5%
  • No, I'll stick with my current gen.

Votes: 18 16.5%

• Total voters

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
They've completely destroyed any advantage of having the console over a PC. I don't really even enjoy playing games on my PC even though its very well equipped. If it doesn't have pad support I simply can't enjoy it. The main advantage to having a console though is that you can buy a physical copy of the game and pop it in when you want to play it, let your friend borrow it if they want to try it, and then someday put a game you really love on the shelf for your collection. It seems as if MS is unbelievably dense and/or out of touch with reality. I can't stand Sony's UI's but I'll just have to get over that and buy a 4-500 dollar fighting game box I suppose.

Sorry in advance if I sound like a raving asshole, it just makes me so rustled.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Can we please stop with the always online and DRM talk...... Lets be fucking real here microsoft would never put themselves in a situation where anyone without internet had to get a ps4 because xbox ONE is always online, or with the used games for that matter....why do you think they were so vague? WELLL DUHHHH because they don't wan't to make it the console like that without sony doing it too, do you realize that they are saying vague things to see what sony does next? when asked about used games, no clear answer, and they can always change this later and take it out completely. always online every 24 hours? a remove-able feature trust me, if it puts them at disadvantage against sony they will cut it out. now i find interesting is what if sony takes this bait and goes ahead and agree's with microsoft? now you have "DRM" and always online and used games for both "major" consoles......its a real possibility and no one suffered more from used games and piracy than sony last gen. don't you see? why sony didn't turn a major profit form playstation 3? this is microsoft playing poker and the cards have been dealt....lets see who goes all in.

- 500 GB local storage drive
Very nice amount... upgradable?
No. It's in the box and you can't take it out.
The box has an USB 3.0 though and you can use external hard drives for more space.

PS: The X-Box One sucks big time and everyone on this entire board and all the remaining internet should buy a PS4 instead to show Microsoft that they suck for even thinkin about such bullshit business practices.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Can we please stop with the always online and DRM talk...... Lets be fucking real here microsoft would never put themselves in a situation where anyone without internet had to get a ps4 because xbox ONE is always online, or with the used games for that matter....why do you think they were so vague? WELLL DUHHHH because they don't wan't to make it the console like that without sony doing it too, do you realize that they are saying vague things to see what sony does next? when asked about used games, no clear answer, and they can always change this later and take it out completely. always online every 24 hours? a remove-able feature trust me, if it puts them at disadvantage against sony they will cut it out. now i find interesting is what if sony takes this bait and goes ahead and agree's with microsoft? now you have "DRM" and always online and used games for both "major" consoles......its a real possibility and no one suffered more from used games and piracy than sony last gen. don't you see? why sony didn't turn a major profit form playstation 3? this is microsoft playing poker and the cards have been dealt....lets see who goes all in.
Take no offense to this, but the DRM issue is a huge deal here and it was very much confirmed by MS...

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't mind Steam DRM because I feels like it adds value and the service itself is free. Steam is still DRM but they are way less aggressive then most and gives offline options.

I agree with the sentiments here, that if the way they are handling DRM with Xbox One is PC style (disc is worthless, only used at time of install), I see no reason to not stick go PC this gen. If PS4 is not like this though, obviously the PS4 is the no-brainer.

I hate this shit. What's wrong with being able to put a game in and fucking play it? Wanna watch netflix? Go watch it on your laptop. Same with skype and facebook, for fucks sake. Hate all these new "improvements" all I wanna be able to do is play a fucking video game. I don't even own a single fucking blu ray movie lmao.

Zyphox

Take no offense to this, but the DRM issue is a huge deal here and it was very much confirmed by MS...
and can very much be unconfirmed if they deem it would put them at a disadvantage.......

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
and can very much be unconfirmed if they deem it would put them at a disadvantage.......
They can always change the way this system is going to work overtime, but the facts do stand and beinga former analyst I only deal in fact, so I will provide some links below for you. The used game stance and online every 24 hours has been confirmed by MS officially. The mandated installation has also been confirmed as well. This isn't a marketiing ploy it is truths...

Huff Post tech.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/22/xbox-one-used-games_n_3317606.html
Hot Hardware
http://hothardware.com/News/Xbox-One-Used-Games-Microsoft-Searches-For-Someone-To-Screw/
Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

Now it appears they are trying to retort some of these statements. If I had more time on my hands I would prepare a full lowdown on this, but I GTG.

Zyphox

They can always change the way this system is going to work overtime, but the facts do stand and beinga former analyst I only deal in fact, so I will provide some links below for you. The used game stance and online every 24 hours has been confirmed by MS officially. The mandated installation has also been confirmed as well. This isn't a marketiing ploy it is truths...

Huff Post tech.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/22/xbox-one-used-games_n_3317606.html
Hot Hardware
http://hothardware.com/News/Xbox-One-Used-Games-Microsoft-Searches-For-Someone-To-Screw/
Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

Now it appears they are trying to retort some of these statements. If I had more time on my hands I would prepare a full lowdown on this, but I GTG.
excatly they are trying to retort it..... so they if sony goes the same direction it makes sense, and if they don't, then they were vague about the situation all along, i believe they will not let themselves be at disadvantage, they can confirm things, and they can unconfirm things, nothing is set in stone and thats my point.

LEGEND

YES!
Anyone who didn't like the Xbox one reveal is a pessimistic asshole

Honestly what more could you want in a console?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Is it just me or does every corporation in the gaming industry manage to shove their heads so far up their asses and lose sight of what got them to where they were in the first place by the time they create their third major console?
N64, Sega Saturn, PS3 etc. were all a step backward from their predecessors, so this doesn't look promising.

On the other hand, I personally thought the Xbox 1 (the actual original Xbox) was much better than the 360. But I'm not an install base 80 some odd million people.

LEGEND

YES!
I like how your custom title says "free your mind," the irony.
lack of perspective and concern for the unknown are the only reasons i've seen for not liking the Xbox one, with what we know so far (aside from its name)

having an all in one entertainment system is amazing, and the games will come.

also, don't be an asshole

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I'm looking forward to the X1. I've got a family and we use the 360 as more than just a gaming console now. A more advanced all in one device for the TV will be awesome, and built in hands free stuff will make it so my wife doesn't freak out every time she picks up a controller and accidentally rewinds/fast forwards. Also it freakin cool!

PS4 looks awesome, and their presentation summed up how they would catch up in many ways to what microsoft has been doing/done, but I see X1 running away from them with the more casual crowd in the upcoming future, and those invested in Xbox past will likely be there too.

A subsidized X1 ($300 or less...maybe) vs the PS4 ($499...maybe less/more), is kind of a no brainer for me. Though in the long run I'll be paying more for the X1, I happily will make that trade...at least right now.

LEGEND

YES!
that is the "Highlights" so not sure if you've seen it still. but this is beside the point

15 exclusives within the first year, 8 being new ips.

this is where my dislike of most PS3 exclusives would come in, so for me, games wise there is no reason to lean towards PS4 for pure gaming needs. But still, as hardware and functionality go, why would you be disappointed with the reveal?

Error

DF2+R2
lack of perspective and concern for the unknown are the only reasons i've seen for not liking the Xbox one, with what we know so far (aside from its name)

having an all in one entertainment system is amazing, and the games will come.
They're not focusing enough on the gaming aspect of the console, and people are judging it based on what has been said by microsoft. Anyways, all in one systems sound better than they actually work.

also, don't be an asshole
no

Gimmick

Noob
that is the "Highlights" so not sure if you've seen it still. but this is beside the point

15 exclusives within the first year, 8 being new ips.

this is where my dislike of most PS3 exclusives would come in, so for me, games wise there is no reason to lean towards PS4 for pure gaming needs. But still, as hardware and functionality go, why would you be disappointed with the reveal?
Sony's Conference geared towards Gamer's and developers. Microsoft's geared toward the more casual audience. X Box One showed me nothing i cant already do with my current electronics. There's no need to say "X BOX Show me TV" when i can press a simple button on my remote that takes 3 damn seconds. That's why i felt very underwhelmed with M$. Also, why all the restrictions towards games? I cant believe i cant lend a buddy one of my own purchased game without him shelling out cash.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
You guys are gonna laugh but im going to be 100% honest. Im not planning on buying more video game consoles, but... if i were, im buying a Wii U.

Why? Because of the one reason i buy consoles and videogames, 1st party games. I know the Wii U doesn't have anything right now but by the time the PS4 and this crap come around i believe they'll have a new Zelda, Metroid or Smash coming, or at least announced. That's kind of enough for me.

I bought the 360 cause of Halo 3. And sure enough it's probably the game i've played the most in my life and one of my all time faves, but for real Halo has turned to shit outside of the story and unless the next xbox brings home Killer Instinct 3 or radically reverts Halo's MP to its roots im not planning on buying no Xbox Juan.

And as far as the PS4 goes, i've never been a fan of their consoles, their exclusives or their other products even if right now im typing from a Vaio laptop lmao.

Microsoft just showed a lot of features, that's it, and tbh except for the instant voice commands, PS4's features seemed better.